Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOURCE - XBox Wire

Multiplayer and Party Updates for Xbox One Coming in March
By Marc Whitten, Chief Product Officer posted February 11, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Since we first launched Xbox One, we have been thrilled to see our fans spending millions of hours on Xbox Live. Your enthusiasm reinforces our commitment to making Xbox One and Xbox Live the best place for gamers and entertainment fans.

This week marks a big week for Xbox One as we will start to roll out our first product update for Xbox One. As previously shared, this update offers many new improvements – including lots of behind-the-scenes updates for developers building apps and games for Xbox One, several new features we believe Xbox fans will love, stability and product updates to improve the customer experience, and continuous improvements to the quality of Kinect voice so commands become more fluid and responsive over time.

This is step one on our journey and commitment to deliver continuous innovation to Xbox One customers. Xbox One is a platform designed to offer the best games and entertainment experience and we are committed to delivering more and more features to our customers.

While we’re thrilled to launch the February update this week, we’re already looking ahead to March. We’ve prided ourselves on having the best multiplayer service for Xbox 360 and we’ve listened to your feedback about the features you want to see on Xbox One and Xbox Live. We’ve heard your feedback and the team has been working overtime to deliver updates that will significantly improve the multiplayer and party experience on Xbox One.
Here are more details on what’s coming for parties and multiplayer in March:

Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.

Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.

Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.

We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.

We’re adding “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.

Our March Xbox One system update will start rolling out in early March. We’re excited to get these multiplayer and party improvements out in time for the March 11 launch of “Titanfall,” the highly anticipated team-based online multiplayer game.

The March update includes many more great features. The improvements to multiplayer and parties are just a few of the features that will be included, and we’ll continue to share more details in the days and weeks ahead, including in-depth videos so you’re all ready to take advantage of the new features in March. We’re lucky to have a passionate community that shares feedback. Thanks for helping us make Xbox One even better.

SOURCE - gameinformer

Microsoft Announces Xbox One Stereo Headset And Adapter For March
by Mike Futter on February 11, 2014 at 08:01 AM 4,167 Views

Xbox One gamers, your long exile from the land of high-end gaming headsets is nearly over. Microsoft has confirmed the release window for the much anticipated headset adapter as well as its own stereo headset.

XboxOneStereoHdst-610.jpg

Launching in March in all Xbox One territories, the stereo headset is an over-the-ear design will with a unidirectional chat microphone. Microsoft hasn’t disclosed the driver size for the unit. The stereo headset will come with a detachable adapter for use with other headset and retail for $79.99.

For legacy devices that connect to Xbox 360 controllers via a 2.5mm jack, you’ll just need to purchase a 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable (or adapter) and a standalone version of the chat adapter that comes with the stereo headset. In order to get in-game audio (stereo or )surround sound, you’ll need to run a digital optical cable to a decoder and the chat cable from your headset, through the adapter, to your controller. Alternatively, you might need to run RCA cables from your television for stereo headsets. The chat adapter will cost $24.99. Both devices are scheduled for early March.

Our Take:

As long as the adapter is out before or alongside Titanfall, I'll be thrilled. The $24.99 (plus under $10 for a new chat cable) is a reasonable price to get access to my surround sound headset and chat at the same time.

I want to know when they are going to bring back voice messages…getting sick of clicking on each letter to type a message. Why would they remove it in the first place.

I can see this getting out of hand pretty quickly if it's actually legit. I mean look at BF4. While they may annoy the piss out of me sometimes, that's pretty much the role of the sniper class. To go and set up a tent somewhere off in the distance and shoot at other players. They're annoying but if you're even have a decent sniper yourself, you can take care of them easy enough. What about playing as support on a rush map? I mean the whole purpose of rush is to camp at your capture points and defend them? Or like Metro in BF3/4. If you push either team back to their spawns during domination, it's essentially spawn camping. So the entire team would be "warned"? I can also see it getting abused by players by who were killed by someone that could of been hiding to reload or heal back up and they automatically jump to camper.

I'm not a camper so this doesn't really bother me but I can't see it being good either. They'd have to try and set up guidelines (which nobody will follow anyways)

The language makes me wonder ifs fake and someone hacked the or someone is about to lose their job over a joke.

I must admit I can't see how they can make this work? If anything it should be down to the publisher. The camping in Ghosts is really Infinity Wards fault because they made the game Camper friendly.

Posted this in the 360 thread but no replies. Let me know if interested, still available:

Anyone play through episode 1 of Wolf Among Us, not have a season pass, and want to check out episode II?

Let me know by DM, will respond to first message with code (MS sent me two by accident...I'm a season pass holder and they must be trying to resolve issues of not being able to download E2).

If you aren't first I won't reply to your message.

If you see this anytime after 8AM on 2/17 don't bother messaging as I'm sure it will have been claimed by then.

Good luck!

Iv noticed my xbox his not responding to yes command.

Anyone else noticed this ?

Wondering if its since they patched it...?

Well I hadnt used it for a few days and started playing up. Responds to xbox turn off, but when I say yes, nothing.

Really strange
I had found mine does that every once in a while , but all I have to do is say yes. Its like I said it too soon.

There's two ways you can turn it off, you can shut it down entirely, or you can put it in standby mode. While in standby mode (which is perfectly fine to do) it will still download and will await commands to turn on. It's designed to be able to go into that mode without it being a problem.

There's two ways you can turn it off, you can shut it down entirely, or you can put it in standby mode. While in standby mode (which is perfectly fine to do) it will still download and will await commands to turn on. It's designed to be able to go into that mode without it being a problem.

Alright awesome. Thanks. I want to leave it on standby but didnt know if long term this was best.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Back