Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that Colin Moriarty hit the nail on the head by saying:

"It shows a lack of vision, planning and leadership to reveal the policy,
double-down on it, say how great it is, then change it. That's all. "

I believe that Microsoft has a lot of damage to clean up after saying stuff like "We have something for that. It's called a 360."

The damage is already done and Microsoft had to eat their own **** sandwich for it.

Good move to listen to their customers and back off their plans. I applaud MS for that.

:exactly: they had to do this. I still hate having to have that ****ing Kinect on it though :lol

But great news because I wanted the Xbox before the Ps4 because of the deals with COD, BF & FIFA but I'm going to get both now on release :yess:

OUCH. Still getting jabs though, even from IGN, for lack of integrity:

https://www.ign.com/blogs/falcon-x32/2013/06/19/microsft-and-their-lack-of-integrity/

"Microsoft is just playing to the wind. They are reacting to the horrible press and backlash they received and are trying to right the ship. While that is respectable, the past isn't so easy forgettable. You can't forget the fact that they tried to force us into these new laws and that people would suffer for no real, valid, reason."

In the end I just want to play a game and I'm alot more comfortable with the Xbox one remote . Decision has been made ! Xbox one it is !

OUCH. Still getting jabs though, even from IGN, for lack of integrity:

https://www.ign.com/blogs/falcon-x32/2013/06/19/microsft-and-their-lack-of-integrity/

"Microsoft is just playing to the wind. They are reacting to the horrible press and backlash they received and are trying to right the ship. While that is respectable, the past isn't so easy forgettable. You can't forget the fact that they tried to force us into these new laws and that people would suffer for no real, valid, reason."

Bit of a no win situation. People ask them to listen to fan concerns, they oblige , get slated. :lol

It'll be fine. The better system will be the one with the best games and technology,like it would have been anyway.

Doubtful that will change but It will be region unlocked.

Neither pervious system was released world wide at launch.

No it seems this too has changed they seem to imply now you can buy a console from wherever and any disc will play in that console

Glad that MS saw the stupidity they were committing and listened to the consumers.

Good thing we were vocal, that only shows that gamers can change things!

I'm not gonna hate on MS for "going with the wind", it's called making right a wrong.

I don't care if they did it our of coercion, good for them.

Glad that MS saw the stupidity they were committing and listened to the consumers.

Good thing we were vocal, that only shows that gamers can change things!

I'm not gonna hate on MS for "going with the wind", it's called making right a wrong.

I don't care if they did it our of coercion, good for them.

It's good that they finally opted to get rid of that nonsense policy. Gamestop must be rejoicing right now that they'll still be able to sell used games :lol.

It's good that they finally opted to get rid of that nonsense policy. Gamestop must be rejoicing right now that they'll still be able to sell used games :lol.

:lol I know, I just hope they realized that sold games are already property of the consumers, not theirs!

I'm still getting a PS4 most likely, I just wanted to show my respect.

:lol I know, I just hope they realized that sold games are already property of the consumers, not theirs!

I'm still getting a PS4 most likely, I just wanted to show my respect.

The power of Internet polls! :lecture

I'm definitely keeping my pre-order for the PS4. They didn't mention a lot of exclusives in E3, but I bet that more God of War and Uncharted games will announced later on.

Now, they lost customers to PS4 no doubt.

But who thinks this was done intentionally because now they gained the publicity post E3.

Like all these recent "offensive" commercials on TV that are being pulled because corporate "didn't know" marketing was making such an add (sureeee).

The publicity is big when adds get pulled.

HOLY CRAP!

:thud:

Back to owning both. :yess:

Competition saved the day once again. :yess:

Awesome news, indeed. I wish if I could get both. But, alas, all of the upcoming Hot Toys pre-orders will prevent me from doing so :lol. I'll most likely have to hold off an Xbox purchase until a price drop hits.

Now, they lost customers to PS4 no doubt.

But who thinks this was done intentionally because now they gained the publicity post E3.

Like all these recent "offensive" commercials on TV that are being pulled because corporate "didn't know" marketing was making such an add (sureeee).

The publicity is big when adds get pulled.

I think Microsoft just misread their consumers. They thought that implementing a PC experience (similar to Steam) on their next console was a good idea, but, people were resoundingly pissed - especially since the market for used games doesn't exist on the PC as it does on the consoles. Not to mention, that their DRM policies would have stifled any hopes of trading and buying used games for the Xbox One.

In any case, I think Microsoft is bound to get a lot of publicity, since this is practically the biggest news to come out of gaming after E3.

I think Microsoft just misread their consumers. They thought that implementing a PC experience (similar to Steam) on their next console was a good idea, but, people were resoundingly pissed.

That's cause their "PC-like experience" was not even a little teeny tiny bit close to steam, at all. :rotfl

better for MS to backpedal than stick to its guns. fans have spoken. Drm and Ms lost -

Still getting the PS4 first, but once XBONE drops in price I'll get one, I'm sure

Stupid policies that never should've been there in the first place. I'm impressed they actually listened to their customers, but I'm more impressed that obviously MS fans also spoke out against the restrictions, or else MS never would have caved in like this. This benefits all gamers, and I'm glad no one listened to the fanboys telling us all to shut up and take it quietly.

Back