Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS has just announced a name change as well:
Xbox One is now known as Xbox 180.

you-win.jpg

That made my day, man. Good one! :lol

Stupid policies that never should've been there in the first place. I'm impressed they actually listened to their customers, but I'm more impressed that obviously MS fans also spoke out against the restrictions, or else MS never would have caved in like this. This benefits all gamers, and I'm glad no one listened to the fanboys telling us all to shut up and take it quietly.

:exactly::goodpost::clap

Good thing it was only a small minority willing to bend over and pick up the soap :monkey3

I'm happy because they have a deal with DICE for first release map packs for BF4 before PS4 (opposite of BF3 which Sony had the deal).

But I might need to take a shower after I buy the X1, i'm going to feel dirty buying it. :lol

Family game sharing is out. Also the disc has to be in the console now for it to work. (like this gen)
This is disappointing. I think they were more on the right track then anyone else. Physical disks are soon going to become like tapes, vhs, records, ect.. Once that happens some of the stuff like family plan would have been awesome not so much. Anyone who has more that one gamer should be upset by this but most probably never understood how this could have been good for them. A dad and his kid now have to buy two copies, but hey they can trade them in now for pennies on the dollar vs one copy they might not be able to trade in.

This is disappointing. I think they were more on the right track then anyone else. Physical disks are soon going to become like tapes, vhs, records, ect.. Once that happens some of the stuff like family plan would have been awesome not so much. Anyone who has more that one gamer should be upset by this but most probably never understood how this could have been good for them. A dad and his kid now have to buy two copies, but hey they can trade them in now for pennies on the dollar vs one copy they might not be able to trade in.

I thought this was eliminated.

There's something i'm clearly not understanding. :(

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Or maybe they can buy a single copy and play it on as many accounts as they want. :dunno.

Yeah, cx lost the feature to share games with up to 10 family members, now they can only share the game with an infinite amount of family members.

I thought this was eliminated.
They got rid of the family plan. Things are just like they are now. So if two people in a house want to play same game at same time two copies. With family play a family could have one copy and the main person on plan could play with an additional person at the same time using one copy.

Wow, I am so excited. I love the Xbox one exclusives, and the fact that disc based games will live on on the One....no Internet required to play, I am sold!

Yes, Microsoft you have made the right move!

Physical disks are not going to become like VHS. VHS is not around anymore because it went to dvd now Bluray. Their will always be a demand for physical media. People like to collect **** and actually physically be able to hold their items. Oh and who the hell said records are gone? WTF are you smoking. If anything they are coming back in. RSD is getting bigger and bigger every year. So many more stores are offering up exlcusive colors/packaging for new releases as well.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Or maybe they can buy a single copy and play it on as many accounts as they want. :dunno.

Yeah, cx lost the feature to share games with up to 10 family members, now they can only share the game with an infinite amount of family members.
Not at the same time:slap

They got rid of the family plan. Things are just like they are now. So if two people in a house want to play same game at same time two copies. With family play a family could have one copy and the main person on plan could play with an additional person at the same time using one copy.

:slap:slap:slap

thank you for explaining

the gains outweigh this though.

Physical disks are not going to become like VHS. VHS is not around anymore because it went to dvd now Bluray. Their will always be a demand for physical media. People like to collect **** and actually physically be able to hold their items. Oh and who the hell said records are gone? WTF are you smoking. If anything they are coming back in. RSD is getting bigger and bigger every year. So many more stores are offering up exlcusive colors/packaging for new releases as well.

:goodpost: :exactly:

In addition, CDs have not gone the way of the dodo just because of MP3 file sharing and legal downloads on the Internet.

Physical media will always exist. Not to mention, that personally, I need a physical copy of something to carry to video game signing events. A creator or voice actor can't sign something that exists purely digitally :lol.

Back