Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm ranking the Gears series which I love. Though to be totally honest I really love the entire storyline. It also helps having read the books and adding depth to it.

Gears 3
Gears 1
Gears 2
Gears Judgement

I have no love of Gamestop, really. Don't care what happens to them - they take advantage of gamer's weaknesses by offering crappy trade in values, then make a killing off that.

That being said, no gamestop = zero competition in the used marked. Companies like EA will make Gamestop look like pu55y Cats

I always love the argument about how people wish gamestop would fail, because they give crap TIV. Really if you are unhappy you don't have to trade in games there. Most retail stores do give ****ty TIV unless they are running some sort of promotion. They are a business they can't give you 50 bucks for a game and only profit 5 dollars You have plenty of resources to get rid of your games. Ebay and Craigslist being two that you would get a decent amount of money from.

I always love the argument about how people wish gamestop would fail, because they give crap TIV. Really if you are unhappy you don't have to trade in games there. Most retail stores do give ****ty TIV unless they are running some sort of promotion. They are a business they can't give you 50 bucks for a game and only profit 5 dollars You have plenty of resources to get rid of your games. Ebay and Craigslist being two that you would get a decent amount of money from.

Oh, in the end, I don't disagree except kids make bad decisions and gamestop takes full advantage. Myself, they haven't see money out of me in some time

That said, I don't want to see them fail for competition reasons

Oh, in the end, I don't disagree except kids make bad decisions and gamestop takes full advantage. Myself, they haven't see money out of me in some time

That said, I don't want to see them fail for competition reasons

I don't think I have traded anything into them in a long time. Honestly I hate going in there, because I can't buy anything with out them pushing me to get the damn 15 dollar sub from them. I know its their job, because I had to do it at Blockbuster but damn it gets annoying. Would rather go online or to pretty much any other retailer to buy my games.

with teh exception of the world of warcraft collectors editions, Gamestop hasn't gotten any money from me in over 3 years.

Ingram ent all the way :rock

This same argument is frequently made for Piracy as well. It's also a scapegoat of sorts. If you can't afford 60$ for a new game ( and I AGREE, it is too much, a 40$ new game pricepoint would be more thean sufficent, but that's a COMPLETELY different arguement) Then WAIT a few months, and get it when the price goes down. YES, it puts you behind the "new title curve" a little, but in the end you're still supporting the industry, and playing the games you want.

How many of you have a backlog of games you've not finished becuase every time a new one comes out, you go buy it?

how much money would you save if you waitied to get a new one untill you finished the old one?

Things to consider.

That's how I've been buying games for years now. Rarely do I buy a brand new game when it comes out. I can wait a few months when they drop to the $30-$40 range and get them new. Plus, I buy so few games anymore. Most titles released these days are either cash-grab sequels or clones, and they all suck. If they want to 'fix' the gaming industry, start by making good games again.

I've never once bought a used game and I only ever traded in one game to gamestop, and that's because I needed to pre-order something exclusive to them and they just happened to be offering $30 trade-in value for a game I knew I'd never play again.

I'm not paying $55 for a used game that's been touched and handled by the creeps that work at a gamestop. I'll wait a few months and buy my games new AND **** free for half that.

3 is the shizz, 2 was rubbish, 1 was awesome for its time, judgement .....lol

Gears 3 had no dark atmosphere, or creepy enviroments. It was all in really bright sunny outdoor areas, that was the huge fail. Gears should be in creepy dark gloomy type of places, like the first one. The first Gears almost had a horror atmosphere to it.

This is where they went wrong with Gears 3. The outdoor enviroments should have been dark, cold, rainy (maybe even some sort of acid rain) with twisters and tornadoes around in the canyon areas.

If the whole world is destroyed, they should have shown the atmosphere take a beating also, the result would be what l described above. Instead they went with the easy and boring sunny enviroment, which was a huge fail. Not to mention all the enemies in the game sucked also.

Actually the developers wanted Gears 3 to take place in the winter, but they had a time crunch, so again they took the boring easy quick way out.

My concern with the Xbox 1 always on method is what happens if your power goes out for a few days? How difficult will it be to get your xbox 1 games started again? Will there be any hoops to jump through or will it just work.My other concern is the games downloading in the system. I currently have several games that I bought from Live like alan Wake. Is this game useless when I buy the Xbox 1 since it won't transfer? Am i comfortable buying the amount of games for the xbox 1 that I bought for the 360 especially if i have to worry that they won't work on the next console?
They have essentially started making gamers question their long term plans. In 5 to 7 years how many games will I amass for the Xbox 1? I currently have close to 100+ since I stopped trading them in for the 360. I will keep my 360 to play these games as they are worthless to the Xbox 1. BUT how many am i willing to invest in over the next 5 to 7 years?
I also heard that the game prices might increase.
I do like the Xbox family feature, where you can let up to 10 people borrow games (not confirmed so it may be a rumor).

Oh and another sticky point for me is what happens if my new Xbox 1 "red rings", will my games work immediately if I buy a new one and log in?
Also just like a PC, what happens if the HDD gets corrupted or i run out of space? What happens then? These are the types of answers i need to make my decision to buy. I will most likely get both systems (one each for me and one each for my son) but the question is when? Will I get them at launch and take the hardware failure risk?

Last edited:
My concern with the Xbox 1 always on method is what happens if your power goes out for a few days? How difficult will it be to get your xbox 1 games started again? Will there be any hoops to jump through or will it just work.My other concern is the games downloading in the system. I currently have several games that I bought from Live like alan Wake. Is this game useless when I buy the Xbox 1 since it won't transfer? Am i comfortable buying the amount of games for the xbox 1 that I bought for the 360 especially if i have to worry that they won't work on the next console?
They have essentially started making gamers question their long term plans. In 5 to 7 years how many games will I amass for the Xbox 1? I currently have close to 100+ since I stopped trading them in for the 360. I will keep my 360 to play these games as they are worthless to the Xbox 1. BUT how many am i willing to invest in over the next 5 to 7 years?
I also heard that the game prices might increase.
I do like the Xbox family feature, where you can let up to 10 people borrow games (not confirmed so it may be a rumor).

Oh and another sticky point for me is what happens if my new Xbox 1 "red rings", will my games work immediately if I buy a new one and log in?
Also just like a PC, what happens if the HDD gets corrupted or i run out of space? What happens then? These are the types of answers i need to make my decision to buy. I will most likely get both systems (one each for me and one each for my son) but the question is when? Will I get them at launch and take the hardware failure risk?

Nothing you buy for Xbox 360 will transfer to Xbox One, the games aren't compatible. It's possible that they may offer 360 games for download that have been modified to run on Xbox One, but they haven't said anything about doing that. I think they should offer some kind of deal where you can trade in Xbox 360 games for a download of the same game on Xbox One.

Nothing you buy for Xbox 360 will transfer to Xbox One, the games aren't compatible. It's possible that they may offer 360 games for download that have been modified to run on Xbox One, but they haven't said anything about doing that. I think they should offer some kind of deal where you can trade in Xbox 360 games for a download of the same game on Xbox One.

That would be the ideal, customer-friendly solution.

which allmost certianly means tehy won't do it.

I'm not sure if it's the hidden hipster in me, or the fact that I wasn't prepared to see Xbox completely fall from grace, but part of me really wants to like this console after seeing just how much everyone dislikes it. Originally I was very mixed towards it, thinking it wasn't really that bad but there were definitely quite a few things I didn't like. Having not used my 360 much at all since I switched to PS3 in 2009 (except for continuing my Mass Effect story and some Xbox exclusives) I was planning on picking it up a good few months after it's launch depending on well it was received my general audience.

However seeing how much nearly everyone dislikes what has been shown of the console it's almost as if I feel bad for Microsoft. Often being regarded as the better console by many, it's now looking like only the entirely Anti-Sony people will purchase seeing as so much of the Xbox One sounds dreadful. But that's the sad piece of truth. 90% of what we've seen is completely the wrong decision when it comes to gaming.

It's quite sad really seeing how one fatal mistake can make so many people turn their backs on a brand.

That would be the ideal, customer-friendly solution.

which allmost certianly means tehy won't do it.

It's possible I think, like how things were done with Blu-Ray where you could mail in a DVD of a movie and for an additional $5 you could get the Blu-Ray of the same movie.

I want to like the console, and I think a lot of people do, since people do actually like the Xbox games. People are just really disappointed that they're taking such a big step back. Things should always be getting better, not worse.

I'm going to watch it on my Xbox , when I loaded the conference it froze up and turned off my Xbox lol

Back