Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The press conference being all games-focused was a very reactionary, manufactured tactic to make people forget about the recent controversy. I don't think anyone watching who knew about the DRM/Online mess forgot, and it would have behooved microsoft to just say a little about it instead of shoving it off for later.

Still, I can't fault them for showing so many games and keeping the pace of the conference skipping along briskly.

None of those games wowed me enough to forget about all the other BS surrounding this thing.

Hoping they make a big announcement clearing the rumours up, instead they will probably drip feed us bits here and there leading to more confusion.

"Here's some noo gamez, see you suckaz in Nov with yoor 500 bux"

They had the reveal and then the press release last week about the DRM. I don't see why they would need to bring it up a third time.

They had the reveal and then the press release last week about the DRM. I don't see why they would need to bring it up a third time.

Because neither of those happenings gave the full picture. There are still unanswered questions about core functionality of the system that they just can't keep their mouths shut about when its shadow looms over E3.

I thought it was awesome. Games look awesome. Excellent exclusives. finally a killer instinct :) Metal gear look insane. Got a date and price.
Sony have it all to do.

Because neither of those happenings gave the full picture. There are still unanswered questions about core functionality of the system that they just can't keep their mouths shut about when its shadow looms over E3.

But they need to wait to see what Sony's response is first and it's not even fully finalized. I'm sure they are still in talks with Wal-mart, Amazon and Gamestop about how it will all work.

There's a rumor going on that they're pushing all that talk to Gamescom in September. It would've been better now, just to clear the air before announcing that price, which was honestly higher than I thought it'd be.

Obviously the Kinect factored into the bump. I keep thinking that without it, the XO would've either been 1) a more powerful machine or 2)cheaper.

I just don't see Sony matching the $500 price tag. If they do they'll be eating some serious cash on the system and I don't think their shareholders will like that in their current financial state.

Yeah, I don't expect the PS4 to be $500. I really think its going to be $550 to $600. For $550 and dependent on what they announce I might end up there but any more and its easy I'm going with the X1.

I just don't see Sony matching the $500 price tag. If they do they'll be eating some serious cash on the system and I don't think their shareholders will like that in their current financial state.

The PS4 is using similar tech to the XBox One, the PS3 cost them an arm and a leg because of the stupid cell processor. The most expensive thing in the PS4 that is going to prevent it from being cheaper then Xbox One is the RAM, Sony used ddr5 ram which is new and expensive. Sony themselves have claimed they won't launch at the same price as the PS3. The PS3 cost them over 800 dollars to produce they sold it for 600. So even if they sell it at 500 and break even until the RAM gets cheaper, they will be in a better place then the PS3.

The PS4 is using similar tech to the XBox One, the PS3 cost them an arm and a leg because of the stupid cell processor. The most expensive thing in the PS4 that is going to prevent it from being cheaper then Xbox One is the RAM, Sony used ddr5 ram which is new and expensive. Sony themselves have claimed they won't launch at the same price as the PS3. The PS3 cost them over 800 dollars to produce they sold it for 600. So even if they sell it at 500 and break even until the RAM gets cheaper, they will be in a better place then the PS3.

Exactly. I don't see why it should be any higher than the XO's price. The only significant differential in terms of hardware is the GDDR5 ram. The GPU and CPU are close in power to the XO (barring the rumor that XO's GPU is downclocked). The bump in RAM pricey, but not enough that it offsets the cost of the Kinect that comes with the XO.

It still fries my brain how they can be so arrogant as to force the kinect into every bundle now. No one over the age of 8 has any need for that POS.

Obviously the Kinect factored into the bump. I keep thinking that without it, the XO would've either been 1) a more powerful machine or 2)cheaper.

I think current Xbox owners paid for the new Kinect. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't plan to release the Kinect 2 on the 360 and finally pushed it to the One.

Exactly. I don't see why it should be any higher than the XO's price. The only significant differential in terms of hardware is the GDDR5 ram. The GPU and CPU are close in power to the XO (barring the rumor that XO's GPU is downclocked). The bump in RAM pricey, but not enough that it offsets the cost of the Kinect that comes with the XO.

That and if they include the PS Eye as standard which is apparently higher resolution then the Kinect. Sony have claimed on numerous occasions that it will be cheaper then PS3 at launch. Now they could back out of that but if they really want to have a chance to beat MS they need to be close in price.

Speaking of Kinect, I'm really surprised they didn't show practically anything for it, especially after they touted how more advanced it was than the original during the reveal conference in May. I'm no Kinect fan, but I am one of those who are just waiting to be won over rather than actively hating on it.

It still fries my brain how they can be so arrogant as to force the kinect into every bundle now. No one over the age of 8 has any need for that POS.

Kinect is actually awesome, but they haven't done anything good for it. But for instance, the Star Wars game was handled poorly, and they could do a better job with it now since the new sensor can detect your wrist motion.
The voice control also works really well, and it's nice to have something that has a microphone and camera for when you need that stuff.

Back