Xbox Live??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been playing Gears of War and....WOW...only thing I can say about it....one of the bet shooters I have ever played, can't wait to play it online.

congerking said:
Been playing Gears of War and....WOW...only thing I can say about it....one of the bet shooters I have ever played, can't wait to play it online.

Yeah, it's addicting and then some.

congerking said:
who is playing gears of war online? I'm going to renew my online today and start playing.

I'm up for it just about anytime. Gamertag is Colonel T Dog. (Thinking of changing it, though. That tag comes from another time. :eek: )

Is it possible to add custom Gamerpics? I know you can do it with the camera (which my girlfriend bought me for Christmas, although I'm not supposed to know it yet. :D ), but I'd like to add, say, a polystone pic every now and again...

Not a happy camper....got my 360 today from my wife for Xmas. That was the good part. She also got me a 12 month Live Gold card...another good part. What they don't tell you on the back of the Gold card is that you need to be careful scratching off that silver crap to expose the code. I used a quarter and it scratched off part of the code!! :monkey4

So I tried to figure out the code and couldn't so I called Live support and they tell me that I basically have to take it back to the store where she got it and cross my fingers that they will replace it. I was pretty ticked that Microsoft's only solution was for me to take it back to the store and hope that someone will give me a new one for it. I have my doubts that they will even replace it since for all they know, I used the code and then scratched off the numbers. Needless to say, I'm really not a happy camper today.:monkey4

Crash1207 said:
Not a happy camper....got my 360 today from my wife for Xmas. That was the good part. She also got me a 12 month Live Gold card...another good part. What they don't tell you on the back of the Gold card is that you need to be careful scratching off that silver crap to expose the code. I used a quarter and it scratched off part of the code!! :monkey4

So I tried to figure out the code and couldn't so I called Live support and they tell me that I basically have to take it back to the store where she got it and cross my fingers that they will replace it. I was pretty ticked that Microsoft's only solution was for me to take it back to the store and hope that someone will give me a new one for it. I have my doubts that they will even replace it since for all they know, I used the code and then scratched off the numbers. Needless to say, I'm really not a happy camper today.:monkey4

What you can do it return it to get the $59 bucks back....just use the xbox live gold membership that last a month and renew ONLINE for 12 months and it only costs $49...that's what I did.

congerking said:
What you can do it return it to get the $59 bucks back....just use the xbox live gold membership that last a month and renew ONLINE for 12 months and it only costs $49...that's what I did.

I'm going to do that. When I signed up they give you a month free. It's nice to know it's $50 for a year after that.

jlcmsu said:
Added ya Fritz.

I saw that and added you as well. Who else added me to their list? There was another one I accepted.

Unfortunately, since this is a new on-line account I guess my Gears of War profile and all the work I've done to this point in single player mode doesn't get transferred over. Plus my daughter wanted to hook up and check some other Gardens out for her Viva Piñata game but that won't look manly if I have that linked to my account will it? :rotfl

Nope. Played some RSV, COD3, and GOW. Had a little lag on GOW but it was some guy playing on dial up.

i downloaded an update and now every game i put in automatically goes to "no matches available". dang it....always happens when i take a vacation day.

COD 3 and RSV all had updates but have played fine. GOW hasn't ever had an update from what I remember.

jlcmsu said:
Nope. Played some RSV, COD3, and GOW. Had a little lag on GOW but it was some guy playing on dial up.

Didn't even think you COULD play on Live! with dial-up....how horrible would that be.

congerking said:
Didn't even think you COULD play on Live! with dial-up....how horrible would that be.

It might not have been dial up but I thought that's what he said. Whatever it was it was like the slowest possible one you could have. 2-3 people quit when he said that.

ha, ha. yeah, you can't use dial-up but sometimes i wonder with the lag in some matches.

Vader AL said:
ha, ha. yeah, you can't use dial-up but sometimes i wonder with the lag in some matches.
Actually you could if you knew what you are doing. You could do a Dial up and then route the XBOX thru that connection. I couldn't see many people doing what is needed to do this but it can be done.

i called xbox(microsoft) and they are having problems with their servers and said it would be about 2 - 3 hours...(started about an hour ago so should be another 1-2 hours).

Have any of you played Lost Planet? I heard Mixed reviews, but the majority are really good.

I need to go pick my copy up tomorrow depending on the weather. Though I won't be able to play it until my 360 gets fixed.

Back