X-Plus Godzilla Vinyl Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Closed mouth is the Ric Boy, open mouth is the Diamond reissue. Adding on to what I was saying about the new wave's paint apps being clean, the mouth is especially impressive. The teeth are individually painted to perfection and the gums (only the gums, not the lips) are painted pink -- and they're very thin, which is all the more impressive.

10258192_856188391064898_2243719137156905195_o.jpg

10012836_856188251064912_8468215510261603162_o.jpg

10005997_856188091064928_9071481849029696883_o.jpg

10264721_856188441064893_5270389896085750972_n.jpg

10275538_856188581064879_5623354107294600547_o.jpg

(Credit goes to transhi100)

That '64 closed mouth is perfection.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hmm, Entertainment Earth says they are going to get Godzilla '54 30cm in August? isn't it out already? If they are indeed getting it back in why so long? Does this make sense to anybody else? Or is this another reissue by Diamond? I'm so confused...

Hmm, Entertainment Earth says they are going to get Godzilla '54 30cm in August? isn't it out already? If they are indeed getting it back in why so long? Does this make sense to anybody else? Or is this another reissue by Diamond? I'm so confused...

It will take so long because X-Plus has to make them. On top of the usual 8 figures they release each month in Japan they now have to squeeze in the Diamond Reissues, too.

See, we make our preorders at the store, the store then makes its order to Diamond and then Diamond tells X-Plus how many to make. Even though Diamond always orders extra, they don't always get it right when demand winds up being higher than expected. So then they ask X-Plus if they would like to make more for another run.

And X-Plus is being awesome enough to comply. They're also making new runs of Mothra, Godzilla 2003 and Godzilla 1964.

Use my Diamond Reissue page to keep track: https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/x-plus-vinyl-resources/diamond-re-issue-schedule/

It will take so long because X-Plus has to make them. On top of the usual 8 figures they release each month in Japan they now have to squeeze in the Diamond Reissues, too.

See, we make our preorders at the store, the store then makes its order to Diamond and then Diamond tells X-Plus how many to make. Even though Diamond always orders extra, they don't always get it right when demand winds up being higher than expected. So then they ask X-Plus if they would like to make more for another run.

And X-Plus is being awesome enough to comply. They're also making new runs of Mothra, Godzilla 2003 and Godzilla 1964.

Use my Diamond Reissue page to keep track: https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/x-plus-vinyl-resources/diamond-re-issue-schedule/

Are you getting '54 in again as well?

So the real question is: Will the Diamond second run of G'54 look better than the first (in terms of detail/paint apps)...

:gah:

Or look worse if they are rushing them?

That's exactly my fear. Do I buy a slightly overpriced one now, or wait for whatever's coming out in August? OR, do I plunge on the ric Resin version? :panic:

Great to see you're on here, John. I'm glad I came across this thread. I'm a big fan of your site and the reviews. Hope one day I can join you, Rich, and the guys on a Fresh Vinyl video chat.

That's exactly my fear. Do I buy a slightly overpriced one now, or wait for whatever's coming out in August? OR, do I plunge on the ric Resin version? :panic:

Im hoping they have had enough practice that they can really nail his look again and again in the 30cm style. I just ordered 30cm Godzilla '62 because he looks amazing. I'll stick to the designs I love hopefully '64 comes out in a closed mouth eventually. And a GMK that I like.

Godzilla_vs_Biollante01_zps3792a8be.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante02_zpse59c55e3.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante03_zps1c6f86d9.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante04_zps602a58b2.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante05_zps926a97e7.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante06_zps6dce7e4e.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante07_zpsb3db64d7.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante08_zps2b0031d6.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante09_zps326f7f9a.jpg

A few more shots of my newly arrived Holy Grail, the X-Plus 25cm scale Biollante. A craving of a nice Biollante had started since the late 90s. But the very expensive Bandai vinyl 'stump' doesn't seem right for me at the time. I have kind of dropped out of collecting kaijus for a while since, and missed out all the cool stuff in the early 2000s and all the cool X-Plus stuff. When I start collecting again a few months back, back in my mind I always wanted this Biollante. But the price became so crazy that I didn't think I would do it. But here I am, filled with excitement and a big hole in my wallet, and being amazed by how nice and gigantic this huge block of vinyl is. Also spent some time blow drying the tentacles to squishy soft so that I can slowly bend the wires within to a nice pose that I like. Today is a very good day!

Godzilla_vs_Biollante10_zps5ae5ba22.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante11_zps90d0655f.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante12_zps2b348dff.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante13_zps2d3570a2.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante14_zps0c6657fe.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante15_zpse0ebab75.jpg

That is your site?! Wow! Small world! I just want to take a moment to say THANK YOU for your site and all of the great information it contains! I use your site for reference all the time and after reading through it, you encouraged me to registered with Tenso and Buyee! Both are great resources for the American collector and I use both frequently now! They package everything great and ship lightning fast! Hadn't it been for your resource guides, I wouldn't have been able to buy several of the harder pieces already in my collection! Again, thank you for all of your hard work and for making the buying of X-Plus that much easier! :wave :hi5:

Great to see you're on here, John. I'm glad I came across this thread. I'm a big fan of your site and the reviews. Hope one day I can join you, Rich, and the guys on a Fresh Vinyl video chat.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Godzilla_vs_Biollante01_zps3792a8be.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante02_zpse59c55e3.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante03_zps1c6f86d9.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante04_zps602a58b2.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante05_zps926a97e7.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante06_zps6dce7e4e.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante07_zpsb3db64d7.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante08_zps2b0031d6.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante09_zps326f7f9a.jpg

A few more shots of my newly arrived Holy Grail, the X-Plus 25cm scale Biollante. A craving of a nice Biollante had started since the late 90s. But the very expensive Bandai vinyl 'stump' doesn't seem right for me at the time. I have kind of dropped out of collecting kaijus for a while since, and missed out all the cool stuff in the early 2000s and all the cool X-Plus stuff. When I start collecting again a few months back, back in my mind I always wanted this Biollante. But the price became so crazy that I didn't think I would do it. But here I am, filled with excitement and a big hole in my wallet, and being amazed by how nice and gigantic this huge block of vinyl is. Also spent some time blow drying the tentacles to squishy soft so that I can slowly bend the wires within to a nice pose that I like. Today is a very good day!

Godzilla_vs_Biollante11_zps90d0655f.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante12_zps2b348dff.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante13_zps2d3570a2.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante14_zps0c6657fe.jpg

Godzilla_vs_Biollante15_zpse0ebab75.jpg

That Biollante is simply incredible! One day, I plan on getting one! But I'll need to start saving up in hopes of buying it by next year! Thanks for sharing those cool pics. That poor Monster Arts Godzilla is really in for a bad day, isn't he?! :lol

nice pics mpchi

what's the actual selling price of the 25CM biollante figure? not the Ebay Buy It Now listing prices.

nice pics mpchi

what's the actual selling price of the 25CM biollante figure? not the Ebay Buy It Now listing prices.

The 25cm Biollante cost around $500 shipped back in late 2012 when it first came out. The retail yen price is around mid 40000. And you sometimes even get discounted prices at high 30000 yen. But the yen value was still high back then, and shipping is costly for such huge box (size of 4-6 30cm figure boxes combined). Unfortunately, I was not collecting X-Plus at the time and totally missed this gem. What a heavy price to pay. It is considered very lucky to find one below US$1000 mark these days.

The 25cm Biollante cost around $500 shipped back in late 2012 when it first came out. The retail yen price is around mid 40000. And you sometimes even get discounted prices at high 30000 yen. But the yen value was still high back then, and shipping is costly for such huge box (size of 4-6 30cm figure boxes combined). Unfortunately, I was not collecting X-Plus at the time and totally missed this gem. What a heavy price to pay. It is considered very lucky to find one below US$1000 mark these days.

thanks for the breakdown. I appreciate it. You did get lucky, it's a great looking piece.

of all the godzilla baddies, i always thought if they existed Biollante would've given him the most problems.

Last edited:
Poor Kamacuras :( thats a very neat accessory though.

I just scored a godzilla '64 for $160.

Nice! Hoping the two I ordered will get here soon. I went ahead and bought a duplicate off GoHastings because EE was being weirder than usual with this wave. :lol

Back