X-Men Origins: Wolverine game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it's a special edition or anything, but the latest Best Buy flyer indicates that they'll have an exclusive "original costume" player skin. I'm guessing it'll be similar to the Gamestop-exclusive Red Hulk player skin for the Incredible Hulk videogame.

I don't think there is a "collectors edition". He might be referring to the Standard edition which is being called the "Uncaged Edition". Basically the 360 and PS3 copies of the game are the "Uncaged" versions of the game which are very violent. Compared to the PS2, DS, etc. copies of the game which are toned down a lot.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I get confused with all of these SEs! :lol

The "Uncaged" version is what I meant to say.

Can you get the "Uncaged" version anywhere? Or is it just at Game Stop?

You can get the Uncaged version anywhere. It is very confusing with the way they are titling the game. Activision/Raven Software is referring to ALL 360 and PS3 versions of the game as the "Uncaged" edition. You can buy this anywhere. But if you buy the Wii, DS or PS2 version, it is not the "Uncaged" edition.

Gamestop does have exclusive the exclusive "Weapon X arena maps" if you buy it from them.

gamestop.com said:
Reserve X-men Origins: Wolverine and receive GameStop exclusive codes to unlock Weapon X Arena:

* Ladder Challenge: 50 waves of enemies flood the room, each more difficult than the last. Destroy the hundreds of enemies charging Wolverine and find out what happens when you defeat the challenge.
* Custom Combat Arena: Activate a holographic console to customize any combination of enemies you can imagine. Face ten hulking Leviathans or a blend of towering WENDIGO's, Sentinel Prototypes, Machete Champions, Machine Gunners… enter a combat utopia.
* Environmental Simulator: Spawn in enemies and use any interactive environmental element from the game to your advantage - lab equipment, a ruined temple, spikes and trees... it's all fair game.
* Dismemberment Room: Use the computer console to create a hologram of a group of enemies inside a test chamber. Scroll through the hologram and select points on the body. Hit the big red button and watch as each enemy gets the selected body parts dismembered, highlighting random reactions and blood FX.

Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

You can get the Uncaged version anywhere. It is very confusing with the way they are titling the game. Activision/Raven Software is referring to ALL 360 and PS3 versions of the game as the "Uncaged" edition. You can buy this anywhere. But if you buy the Wii, DS or PS2 version, it is not the "Uncaged" edition.

Gamestop does have exclusive the exclusive "Weapon X arena maps" if you buy it from them.

Oh, now I get it. So ALL of the PS3 and 360 versions were made as "Uncaged" no matter where you buy them. I thought it was a SE of sorts, but that's the standard. Thanks for clearing that up! :rock

As for the Exclusive, I'm leaning more towards Best Buy's version with the extra suit but who knows. Too many decisions! :duh

I don't know if it's a special edition or anything, but the latest Best Buy flyer indicates that they'll have an exclusive "original costume" player skin. I'm guessing it'll be similar to the Gamestop-exclusive Red Hulk player skin for the Incredible Hulk videogame.
you happen to know what the skin is??? i really want this game, but was gonna wait a while to see if i could get it cheaper unless this skin is something that is only available on release.

you happen to know what the skin is??? i really want this game, but was gonna wait a while to see if i could get it cheaper unless this skin is something that is only available on release.

The Skin is the Comic Yellow/Blue Wolverine Costume.

IGN's overall score is not an aggregate of the other scores:

6.9 Passable

"OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)"

IGN's overall score is not an aggregate of the other scores:

6.9 Passable

"OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)"

Yeah.....I still find their idea of the score stupid in the case of reviewing video games.

i got the game and have played the first 2 levels!!!
lots of blood and guts and cool moves,but NOT too hard a game to play,if you take my meaning...

i got the game and have played the first 2 levels!!!
lots of blood and guts and cool moves,but NOT too hard a game to play,if you take my meaning...

so whats your review on this is it worth 60 bucks ??? or is it just a go rent it game???

seems like a game to get, but after it drops down in price some. Ill put one aside for myself and wait for the reviews to determine if it is worth picking up.

so whats your review on this is it worth 60 bucks ??? or is it just a go rent it game???

I have yet to play it but one of my friends that got it early said it is definately worth a purchase. I am getting the game regardless but I don't feel like spending $60, so I am going to trade in some games to get it for cheap.

I have yet to play it but one of my friends that got it early said it is definately worth a purchase. I am getting the game regardless but I don't feel like spending $60, so I am going to trade in some games to get it for cheap.

I hear you there! I just bought DMC4 the other day because of that very same reason. The prices on many of these new games are ridiculous for the simple fact that I can complete them in a weekend, and DMC4 was no exception. I really loved the game and the storyline, but if I was to $60 for it (like when it was first released) I'd be crazy.

Oddly enough, there's a chance this game will score better (overall) than the movie it's based on.

I'll be renting this, just like I rented similar games like God of War, Heavenly Blade, etc etc.

The DMC games I bought all of 'em.

The latest Best Buy flyer has more info on the "exclusive original costume". It says that the costume is unlockable by code, and that the code is included inside the game case. This leads me to believe that it's not a true exclusive, like the Gamestop-exclusive Red Hulk player skin, but just a code to unlock a costume that you'd eventually unlock through regular gameplay.

If that's the case, then there's no rush to go buy it right away, nor to buy it from Best Buy. I'll wait until it hits $39.99 or less then just pick it up at Wal-Mart.

Back