State lawmaker wants tax on violent video games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a kid turns up with a games controller he aint killing anyone........the world plays the same games with a different outcome.......its the guns stupid

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." ~Samuel Adams

Alright time to end this. Let's leave this be until a Mod with locking powers can get to this. :)

Evil people do evil things. Then people who don't do evil things are made to pay for it. Mental health, gun rights, video games. Everyone's responsibility except for the ones who commit the crime.

It takes a dumbass or a dumbass to believe that their interest has anything to do with confronting evil, and everything to do with cashing in on it to line their pockets, line their constituents' pockets, and laugh in our faces when we object. Opportunistic rats from the voting booth to the Oval Office.

Oh wait, I'm sorry. All they care about is the children.

This comment is for all those other Hoax threads that were shut down.
And you can probably shut this one down after this comment. Here it goes..

You know, and I've said this before in other forums and to people on the street, but the lines of what is real and what is not real have become so distorted that it is hard to trust anything you read or see on the net and Tv?

You have news anchors with daytime tv shows. You have politicians with cable news shows as well as politicians being paid commentators on the cable news shows. You have news anchors and reporters participating in movies. Reality shows that aren't really reality. Staged debates. I mean, you wonder why so many people think it's a hoax. I'm not saying I do think it's a hoax, maybe some of it is severely sensationalized, but how are you supposed to know what is real anymore?

News information and polatics have become fused with entertainment. They share the same arena. To me that's scary.

Last edited:
Actually that's another thing too. The "everything" sucks attitude cynicism for no reason. :lol But that's a different debate.

I wouldn't say there's no reason, but yeah. That's a different debate indeed. :lol

If this were to happen that is what will be next.

Sick and ****ing tired of idiots blaming violent movies and video games for violence.

The thing is with this world is everyone needs to put blame somewhere. Cant people understand some people are just crazy.

It's because people hate being accountable. Encouraging better parenting, reworking the ways we deal with mental illness, and promoting stricter laws for gun ownership with fewer loopholes would create a massive dent in the problem. But... you know. Doing that would be too hard. It's much easier to point the finger at an inanimate object because we're too set in our ways. Either that or just proud. Both reasons are completely idiotic regardless.

I used to believe that there was no correlation myself, but there are plenty of peer reviewed articles on the subject that say otherwise.
Sorry to burst your bubble there, Celtic, but it is indeed fact that violent images have an effect on behavior and aggression.

No, not really.

Unless you're a dumb parent who doesn't tell their kid what something is. Before my dad showed me Predator, he first showed me how they made Predator.

He showed me the actor in the Predator suit, the fake gore, all the inter-workings about film. So when I saw it, I knew it wasn't real.

If you don't show the kid the difference between reality, and fiction, then they're going to do stupid things. No study is going to prove me wrong because I haven't physically hurt anyone in my entire life....cept when me and my brother had slap fights..:lol, and i've been watching violent movies since I was a kid. I just knew it WASN'T real.

No, not really.

Unless you're a dumb parent who doesn't tell their kid what something is. Before my dad showed me Predator, he first showed me how they made Predator.

He showed me the actor in the Predator suit, the fake gore, all the inter-workings about film. So when I saw it, I knew it wasn't real.

If you don't show the kid the difference between reality, and fiction, then they're going to do stupid things. No study is going to prove me wrong because I haven't physically hurt anyone in my entire life....cept when me and my brother had slap fights..:lol, and i've been watching violent movies since I was a kid. I just knew it WASN'T real.

sounds like the type of guy who pulls the beard off santa shouting its bob everyone:gah:

Last edited:
a kid turns up with a games controller he aint killing anyone........the world plays the same games with a different outcome.......its the guns stupid
Switzerland says you are wrong.

Stop making sense.

Thanks for putting things in perspective, Moon. Best answer to any complicated, contentious issue is a Talking Heads song (or Tom Tom Club one in this case).

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqbWHJQlawk[/ame]

Evil people do evil things. Then people who don't do evil things are made to pay for it.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REJ2qdZ_LRU[/ame]

It's not about video games and movies... It's about taxation and paying off a debt to the Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back