X-Men: First Class

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is true some of the mutants in the movies are freaking stupid, X men 1 and 2 were cool, but some mutants of X men 3 were complete lame mutants, like the spikes guy, there is always really stupid mutants, which I hate, I kinda wish they just focused on the cool ones,

X men First class like the first X men where most of the mutants were interesting, I dont think Banshee was bad, he was okay,

Why the Hell was Kevin Bacon in this, that really is the biggest WTF thing ever, WHY?

it is true some of the mutants in the movies are freaking stupid, X men 1 and 2 were cool, but some mutants of X men 3 were complete lame mutants, like the spikes guy, there is always really stupid mutants, which I hate, I kinda wish they just focused on the cool ones,

X men First class like the first X men where most of the mutants were interesting, I dont think Banshee was bad, he was okay,

Why the Hell was Kevin Bacon in this, that really is the biggest WTF thing ever, WHY?
They're mutants. Their mutations don't have to make sense. They aren't all supposed to be like Superman and have super strength/speed/resilence/flying/etc....
The kid with the weird tongue for example.

Banshee had a seemingly stupid power, but they turned it into somthing great. That's why I liked him. He had a power that he didn't really know how to use, and now he can do all of these cool things with it. It gives him more character, makes him more interesting.

..and Kevin Bacon is an actor. He acts.
And he did a good job.

The Bacon did bring a bit of coolness to the movie.

The chick that played Mystique was hawt in those 60's outfits.

And Banshee is lame.

Bacon could possibly be my favorite one in the movie. I thought all the cast was pretty good... even Betty Draper.

Kevin Bacon did a fantastic job in the prologue scene with young Magneto. The first five minutes of the movie convinced me that we had moved past X-Men 3 territory and I was watching a quality film.

i guess is just me, anytime he came on screen i was taken off the movie, felt cheesy, i like him but i guess i wish the role went to someone more serious, i dont know, it didnt feel cool but silly.

i guess is just me, anytime he came on screen i was taken off the movie, felt cheesy, i like him but i guess i wish the role went to someone more serious, i dont know, it didnt feel cool but silly.

Yup. Bacon did a great job as a villain, and I didn't get a cheesy/camp vibe from him either. Especially when you see he's the one that set Erik off on his course to becoming Magneto. I also saw where the future Magneto's mutant-pomposity ideals came from.

Bacon stole the show for me. Funny because I don't think he was in any of the trailers / TV spots.

* waits for someone to correct me *

Bacon stole the show for me. Funny because I don't think he was in any of the trailers / TV spots.

:wink1: Not a trailer or commercial, but not exactly hidden. :lol

xmen_first_class_ver6.jpg

I think the marketing campaign for this movie will go down as one of the worst / most mishandled in history. I think the majority of people, including myself, were expecting this flick to be garbage based on the advertising.

I think the marketing campaign for this movie will go down as one of the worst / most mishandled in history. I think the majority of people, including myself, were expecting this flick to be garbage based on the advertising.

:exactly: "the before he was ....... He was ......" posters were garbage.

But the end result :rock

Last edited:

Really? The trailer is the only reason I went to see the movie in the first place. All kinds of awesome. First X-Men movie I've ever wanted to see in theaters.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ccSiH4olo[/ame]

Really? The trailer is the only reason I went to see the movie in the first place. All kinds of awesome. First X-Men movie I've ever wanted to see in theaters.
Totally agree, I loved the trailers. It's instict to expect the movie to be crap though. :lol

Back