X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could only imagine what the X-Men would have been with a Vaughn staying on and having more freedom, or a director like a James Han or J.J. Abrams taking over and rebooting, neither of whom have done superhero franchise yet. But since it's with Singer I have to root for him, which I will. But I think he needs X-Men far more than X-Men needs him.

Singer is mediocre at best IMO. Again look at his filmography. I could only stomach one watching of Superman Returns. Visually it's fair but hated the giant ice crystal at the end or whatever it was; pacing was terrible; acting is uneven (Routh has quite a bit of charisma but his career was torpedoed, Spacey was doing Spacey, everyone else was forgettable); and the storytelling was abysmal with yet another real estate scheme, super son and stalkerman. No wonder DC/Warner decided to reboot.

Hmmm, Ridley Scott (Blade Runner, Alien, Thelma and Louise, Gladiator, Blackhawk Down, American Gangster, Prometheus); James Cameron (Aliens, Abyss, True Lies, Titanic, Avatar) neither seem terribly pigeonholed to me.

Ridley Scott is a hack.

James Cameron endorsed Terminator Genisys and made Blue People: The Movie

Ridley had two great, visionary films, and a bunch of mediocre to OK stuff, IMO.

I saw Kingsman last week, and thought it was better than the bulk of superhero movies out there. Singer's very good, but I wouldn't have been too upset had Vaughn stayed on.

Ridley had two great, visionary films, and a bunch of mediocre to OK stuff, IMO.

I saw Kingsman last week, and thought it was better than the bulk of superhero movies out there. Singer's very good, but I wouldn't have been too upset had Vaughn stayed on.

Alien, Bladerunner (though I'm not personally a huge fan), Gladiator and Black Hawk Down are Ridley's standouts to me.

Kingsman was enjoyable but not buying it (I own Transformers 1 though, I am a seriously ****ed in the head person).

Blade Runner is one boring ass movie.

His best remains Alien, that will never change.

Bladerunner (though I'm not personally a huge fan)

cqYioYp.gif

I think Jennifer Lawrence is okay in other movies, just not as Mystique in X-Men. There's too much emphasis placed on Mystique because of Lawrence. That's my problem with it/her.

Also "mutant and proud". I don't want to see another movie about her, enough is enough.

one of my biggest issues with her is i get the sense she thinks she's too good to be in the ensemble cast.

i think she mentioned in this movie she's barely going to be in blue form. i bet thats because she was bitching about the makeup process, etc.

i think she is a good actress in certain roles, however i don't like how they focused so much on her character because it's J Law.

You're not going to believe this, but I had just saved that gif two hours ago. :cuss :lol

I saved a GIF Difabio used the other day and myself had the perfect opportunity to use it the very next day - I normally prefer to wait awhile till it doesn't look like I'm just copying someone else but I wasn't able to resist :lol One of those gems, I LOL every time I look at it.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/dc-comics-action-figures/160000-neca.html

^page 2 of this thread but its relevance is to the original post.

I probably would have taken Vaughn over Singer as well.

Back