X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Singer has done really well here thus far IMO. The worst of his films was the first, so he's only gotten better. I do think it's true that there is a certain approach to these films that you can predict somewhat, just like you more or less know what you're getting with the Marvel Studios stuff. Here--good acting, heavy drama, mutants fighting mutants mostly, crummy outfits, some thinly veiled representations of homophobia/racism, probably a pretty major focus on J-Law, Fass, and McAvoy. If that's not your thing, then this probably won't work. Works for me. I'm more excited for this than Iron Man 6. . .er, Civil War.

:goodpost:

He's getting better at costumes though. For this Apocalypse and his horsemen all look quite accurate.

I swear to Christ if they don't make a semi-decent figure line from this one...

:exactly:

Last edited:
Logo

apocalypselogo.png

Psylocke I agree, but the others are a stretch. Sharing color similarities and such is not the same as looking quite accurate. Archangel alone is a terrible attempt. Would it have been so hard to at least give him blue skin?

I understand the complaints about Apocalypse, but I think he looks as good as he possibly can since they're not going full CGI with him like they did Thanos. The reason his face looks off is because it's Oscar Isaac playing him, facially the guy looks nothing like Apocalypse, he has a pretty huge nose, Apocalypse barely has a nose :lol

Still, I'll take practical over CGI any day, I look forward to Isaac actually giving a real performance.

The Horsemen look great though, aside from Angel not having his blue skin I can't see how anyone can be disappointed with those suits and designs.

They've been shooting for 5 weeks, the footage they showed looked pretty good to me considering they still have a long way to go before they finish filming.

Psylocke I agree, but the others are a stretch. Sharing color similarities and such is not the same as looking quite accurate. Archangel alone is a terrible attempt. Would it have been so hard to at least give him blue skin?

His costume is quite accurate to X-Force version, minus the headgear

Angel_X-Force_Archangel_Unlocked.png

It's s shame he isn't blue but I guess with so many blue mutants in the franchise they decided to leave that part out.

I think a characters voice is sometimes more important than his look, and once again, I am disappointed with how they portrayed this particular villain; same with Thanos, and same with Ultron. Apocalypse needs to be bigger, beefier, taller, surely they could have done something practical to make that happen. Anyway, its just a teaser trailer, we'll see what it looks like when more footage is released.

Oscar Isaac is 5'9", he looks ridiculous standing there trying to look all menacing. :lol

If they go bigger with the armor he will look even sillier.

Hope he lives up to his acting reputation. :lol

The best Apocalypse I've seen wasn't even Apocalypse, it was Ronan the Accuser in GOTG. He had the body, the look, and the voice. He even had the lines on his face that connect to his mouth.

I can't defend the designs that Singer uses here, but I'm not going into an X-Men film hoping to get cosmetically comic accurate superheroes and villains. If that was the case, I would be disappointed every damn time. It used to bug me. I still hate it that we never saw Wolverine wear a mask, but I've come to accept it after 15 years or so :lol

Zach Snyder will give us the most awesome looking comic characters come to life that you're likely to see at the movies, but chances are his movie will be superficial and inappropriate. Pick your poison!

Back