X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got back an hour ago and here I go.

If CW is like driving a sexy exotic super car at 270 on a freshly paved straight away then XMA is like driving a 4x4 in reverse on a steep rocky hill...with a flat tire...while drunk...not wearing a seatbelt...with the airbags turned off...with your mother in law in the backseat...who happens to enjoy the prequel trilogy.

That doesn't sound boring at all. Painful maybe,but not boring.

If CW is like driving a sexy exotic super car at 270 on a freshly paved straight away then XMA is like driving a 4x4 in reverse on a steep rocky hill...with a flat tire...while drunk...not wearing a seatbelt...with the airbags turned off...with your mother in law in the backseat...who happens to enjoy the prequel trilogy.

tumblr_no980jrELf1qc0pymo5_250.gif

Sounds kinda fun though.

I watched this a week ago during a charity event (premier), paid twice the amount I'd pay normally for tickets and entered the theater ready to absolutely hate the film (I did not like First Class nor Days of Future Past). Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed this film. My wife did too. The action wasn't that good and there was little to no character development but it was enjoyable to watch.

I enjoyed it. Saw it twice today. Going again on Memorial Day, and will be going next week with my brother.

I dig the costumes at the end. Love the new team, and the one thing that bothered me before; but I'm totally sold, is Turner being Jean Grey

Bad action, no character development, zero entertainment value, what are we waiting for!

de853d134bc961e952625084886f8f0d.jpg

:lol

Well to me this film was playing safe. I mean, it didn't show anything we haven't seen before to be honest. But at least I felt for Magento's character but as always I am not sold on McAvoy as Prof. X, to me Patrick Stewart's boots are a bit too big for him to fill. :D

I'd shoehorn this film to the "I don't regret seeing it" pigeon hole but also classify it under the "I won't pay to see it again" group. :D Right around the level of BvS I think. :D

Fassbender and Jackman's scenes are the complete opposite of playing it safe.

Trouble is the rest of the film was just poorly paced and Apocalypse was underwhelming.

Jackman's scenes goes to playing it safe for me. We didn't need to see him, but apparently Fox is so afraid of releasing a film without him. :D That's how I see it anyway (fan service).

Jackman's scenes goes to playing it safe for me. We didn't need to see him, but apparently Fox is so afraid of releasing a film without him. :D That's how I see it anyway (fan service).

Fan service would have been had he popped up randomly like he did in First Class.

Singer basically did in five minutes what Hood and co. failed to do in two hours back in '09. We finally got to see Weapon X brutally kill two dozen men and leave a trail of blood they were still cleaning up after the credits.

Fan service? Nah. More like cinematic redemption for an iconic origin story they butchered seven years ago.

That's another way to look at it, and I won't disagree there. :D That origin film was one of the films I regretted paying for.

I was in Hong Kong working on a project for my company and our entire development team decided to go see it together. We saw it on one of the more expensive theaters there. All of us wanted our money back after lol.

That's another way to look at it, and I won't disagree there. :D That origin film was one of the films I regretted paying for.

I was in Hong Kong working on a project for my company and our entire development team decided to go see it together. We saw it on one of the more expensive theaters there. All of us wanted our money back after lol.

I counted 27 kills.

While I'm upset with how Singer wasted Apocalypse, I'm very happy with how he redeemed Wolvie's origin.

I thought it was pretty good. There were flaws with the film no doubt but entertaining exactly how a superhero movie is suppose to be

I enjoyed the film and think it was a good follow up to FC and DOFP.

The only thing that stuck out to me was nobody looked like they aged 10 years... small complaint and it didn't really bother me.

Apocalypse was far more menacing than pretty much all the MCU villains IMO.

I enjoyed all the new additions to the cast and think they cast the roles well.

Back