X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who thinks that J. Law has "an average body" really needs to give the superhero movies a break and go take a look at some women in the real world for a change. More than 68% of all adults in the United States are considered overweight or obese and she's just one of the crowd? Please.

Is it really that high? Sources?

I can't believe it I that high

I think J Law is pretty but I hate her in this role solely for the fact that she doesn't want to look the part of Mystique and suggested she had to fight against being in costume for this film and they appeased her.

I actually didn't like the Daredevil Season 2 trailer at all, which is why I was so glad you said you loved it because I figured I must have been missing something. I loathed the Deadpool trailers too, and it was bugging me because you said you really liked it.

I guess we are complete opposites! Our tastes in Superman movies probably exemplify that best. Or maybe my liking for Iron Man 3 as a opposed to your liking of X2.:lol I can always see where you're coming from though because you're always great at backing up your opinion!

I watched this trailer 3 times in a row! I really liked it a whole lot! It looks fun to me! I was fine with Mystique. I'm actually wondering what they're doing with her now.

It might just be superhero movies though, which is really about having fun, so it's very, very subjective. I watch movies from a more emotional place than cerebral, so I'm going to be all over the map on my views.

Ah man, then it hurts me to tell you this, but I'm loving Daredevil season 2 so far :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgotten by you maybe. Superman is only memorable because of the nostalgia that some people can't let go of...ask any person under the age of 30, and they don't give a **** about the Donner films.

Well, good for those kids, but remember that outside your circle of friends, there are millions of people who view the old Superman films as nothing more than some 70's movie with cheesy effects and cheesy costumes.

This is kind of where I always get in trouble the young 'uns on this board. Why does it so often bother you guys when someone's actual life experience doesn't fit your made-up-on-the-spot statistics?

This is kind of where I always get in trouble the young 'uns on this board. Why does it so often bother you guys when someone's actual life experience doesn't fit your made-up-on-the-spot statistics?
Speaking for myself, I sometimes forget how I was in my 20's. When they get our age they'll experience the same thing.

It doesn't bother me. It's like me saying, my friends and I like MOS or certain films. I can believe that my little circle of friends...or people I know somehow represent millions of people, or I can be realistic, and accept that there are a lot of people that don't like those films...or haven't even seen them. I like to look beyond the people I know. That's a realization I had to face for the first time about 13 years ago, when I went to a Suncoast movie store, and I heard these 12 maybe 13 year old kids talking about Gremlins and a few other 80's films, and they didn't know what it was...they had never seen those films ...films that I and people my age either grew up watching or were familiar with because they saw those movies. That's when I realized, that what's precious to me...or my generation, it means very little to younger generations. So, X-Men and X2 and maybe other early 2000's films will be a big deal to those kids who grew up watching them, while other movies from the 70's, 80's and 90's might not be that important. Sure they might might watch them later, but it won't have the same meaning for most of them, because it's not nostalgic. As much as I love the Nolan Batman trilogy, I still have a nostalgic attachment to 89 Batman even though it's a bit dated and not that great, but that connection can't be duplicated by any modern film, no matter how good it is.

It doesn't bother me. It's like me saying, my friends and I like MOS or certain films. I can believe that my little circle of friends...or people I know somehow represent millions of people, or I can be realistic, and accept that there are a lot of people that don't like those films...or haven't even seen them. I like to look beyond the people I know. That's a realization I had to face for the first time about 13 years ago, when I went to a Suncoast movie store, and I heard these 12 maybe 13 year old kids talking about Gremlins and a few other 80's films, and they didn't know what it was...they had never seen those films ...films that I and people my age either grew up watching or were familiar with because they saw those movies. That's when I realized, that what's precious to me...or my generation, it means very little to younger generations. So, X-Men and X2 and maybe other early 2000's films will be a big deal to those kids who grew up watching them, while other movies from the 70's, 80's and 90's might not be that important. Sure they might might watch them later, but it won't have the same meaning for most of them, because it's not nostalgic. As much as I love the Nolan Batman trilogy, I still have a nostalgic attachment to 89 Batman even though it's a bit dated and not that great, but that connection can't be duplicated by any modern film, no matter how good it is.

I'm well aware not everyone shares my opinion, and that many young people don't appreciate old movies, etc. My point was that you said NO ONE UNDER 30 cares about ____. Which of course is hyperbole.

You're not being realistic by making blanket statements to try to refute someone else's fact. My "little circle of friends" has more validity than the opinion you imagine is shared by millions. Regardless of what you heard in Suncoast.

Even saying that people won't value old movies for nostalgia's sake is silly. Kids don't care how old a movie is when they see it. If they watch it and enjoy it as children, they will have nostalgia for it when they are adults.

Not trying to pick a fight with you. Maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine.

Pretty much why I like to revisit films I loved as a kid now, in my late 20s.
If its good then I woudn't feel ashamed of the nostalgia. If not... well, I was just a stupid kid. :lol

I'm well aware not everyone shares my opinion, and that many young people don't appreciate old movies, etc. My point was that you said NO ONE UNDER 30 cares about ____. Which of course is hyperbole.

You're not being realistic by making blanket statements to try to refute someone else's fact.

First of all, the "no one under 30" was clearly an exaggeration, but that comment was not refuting any facts, that was just a response to someone's opinion/post...not yours.

Your facts were that your friend's kids liked the Donner films, and all I said to refute that was that there are plenty of people outside your circle of friends that don't feel the same way about those old films.

Even saying that people won't value old movies for nostalgia's sake is silly. Kids don't care how old a movie is when they see it. If they watch it and enjoy it as children, they will have nostalgia for it when they are adults.

I didn't say they won't like them, just that it won't mean as much to them. That didn't happen to me though, I grew watching the Connery Bond films as a kid, and although I see Connery as the only real James Bond, I feel no nostalgia for those films...maybe because they were films from the 60's, and they lacked action and were a bit slower than action films from 80's and 90's...the type of films that were new when I was a kid. I mean, the French Connection chase or the chase from Bullit were great at the time, but growing up with The Road Warrior, and then watching those old films as a kid, they just looked dated. I'm sure some kids who saw Fury Road will think The Road Warrior is a slow boring film, and I can't disagree with them...if we're comparing both films, although I'll take Gibson over Hardy.

I mean, the French Connection chase or the chase from Bullit were great at the time, but growing up with The Road Warrior, and then watching those old films as a kid, they just looked dated. I'm sure some kids who saw Fury Road will think The Road Warrior is a slow boring film, and I can't disagree with them...if we're comparing both films, although I'll take Gibson over Hardy.

I think that they're too different to compare really. The French Connection chase is an explosion after an hour of tension buildup, and Bullitt's chase scene is way too low key (but still exciting) to really compare to a petrol-fuelled movie like The Road Warrior.

Same with Fury Road and The Road Warrior, they're going for completely different styles.

I think that they're too different to compare really. The French Connection chase is an explosion after an hour of tension buildup, and Bullitt's chase scene is way too low key (but still exciting) to really compare to a petrol-fuelled movie like The Road Warrior.

Same with Fury Road and The Road Warrior, they're going for completely different styles.

I don't think kids care about this stuff one bit. :lol

I dunno....I want to point out that I have great nostalgia for Abbot and Costello because I saw them when I was little but I'm afraid you're going to tell me 1 Zillion people don't care and then we have to say all these things again.

Anyhooo, I like Psylocke's one piece bathing suit. :)

All I care about in my action movies are:
1) explosions
2) jump cuts and shakycam
3) jumbles of parts masquerading as robots if at all possible
4) awesome CG blood squibs

Back