www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

I sent the money to the email address he gave me, that's a little different than an eBay purchase. I checked off goods when I sent it. I just really hope I get that money back. Other victims did the same exact thing. What's not to say these guys will re-appear under a different domain. I'm through with purchasing figures online. I've always been smart about this and this is my first time I got scammed good. Freakin sucks. I'm gonna wait for the next show in Miami and buy there or at my local store.

As long as your checked goods, I am pretty sure you will get your money back.

Well anyways guys I really appreciate the help and honesty from some of you. .

Yeah it's a business to them alright until, it becomes a federal crime. The game will be really over then.

Don't worry about not getting your money back, Paypal confirmed that I will 100% get reimbursed withing 10-11 days..
When I first received my paypal invoice I asked Dave where he is from since I assumed he would be Chinese, I find it strange for a team of foreigners operating in Hong Kong selling Figures, so he said he's from Barcelona not sure if it's valid but you never know..

I think I was one the 1st people on this board to order from them and talk about how well the deal went and how happy I was with everything, I got a great figure for a nice price. I was so happy with it that I started the thread over at OSW about the deal.
It sucks that it turned out to be a scam and I hope all of you get your money back and these D-bags catch a beat down. I no longer have the shipping info from my package because I threw that stuff away but if there's anything else you might need and I can help out let me know.
I will also say this, its a really big F'd up deal to screw people out of their money and I feel for them, and to all you who didn't risk it, you were right, good for you, I dont think we need a bunch "I told you so." coming on here rubbing it in people's faces that are already pissed off and it doesnt help matters so leave it alone.

if you use the email address ([email protected]) for Peter Halasz and look him up on Facebook. He's from Australia is my guess.

Hey a fellow Bay Area collector, yes please let us know how it goes, I'm expecting my packages either on Thursday or Fri, so I'll post an update when it arrives..

I think I was one the 1st people on this board to order from them and talk about how well the deal went and how happy I was with everything, I got a great figure for a nice price. I was so happy with it that I started the thread over at OSW about the deal.
It sucks that it turned out to be a scam and I hope all of you get your money back and these D-bags catch a beat down. I no longer have the shipping info from my package because I threw that stuff away but if there's anything else you might need and I can help out let me know.
I will also say this, its a really big F'd up deal to screw people out of their money and I feel for them, and to all you who didn't risk it, you were right, good for you, I dont think we need a bunch "I told you so." coming on here rubbing it in people's faces that are already pissed off and it doesnt help matters so leave it alone.

Couldn't of have said it any better:goodpost:

In the event PayPal refunded your money and you still end up receiving the figures you ordered, then it is only right that you pay them back the money.

Otherwise, it will make you no different from the very people that are being labelled as "scammers" in this thread. Just my 2 cents though.

:peace

It's the right thing to do like he said. If you do receive the figure then cancel the claim, otherwise your scamming just like them.

If the figures turn up and Golion ends up keeping the money - I for one will not give a ____.

When I looked at the site it said 'All prices in Australian dollars'.

i just received a mass email from Peter Halasz ([email protected]). Message said:

"Hello,

Could I please check with you whether you have received your order from HotToysOnlineStore?

Thanks"

The email recipients list is long.

Hi guys,

i don't have much time as I need to head down see my lawyer and the police. I am Peter (from the invoices) and I have been helping Dave send out several invoices as he claimed that his paypal needed to be verified. To cut a long story short I sent him your money and he took off. So now I am left with your refund claims and no money to pay. I am embarrassed by how naive I was and all I need to focus on now is to get the money out of Dave. I will now talk to my lawyer and also the police regarding the situation. I am sorry again but my actions were genuinely to help out a person who I got to know and I got sucked into helping. I am a person of uttermost integrity and have been deeply hurt by this. I will do everything in my power to make sure that Dave will pay back the money owed. I'll keep you all updated.

The email I sent out was to try to gauge how many people may have received the figures.

Hi guys,

i don't have much time as I need to head down see my lawyer and the police. I am Peter (from the invoices) and I have been helping Dave send out several invoices as he claimed that his paypal needed to be verified. To cut a long story short I sent him your money and he took off. So now I am left with your refund claims and no money to pay. I am embarrassed by how naive I was and all I need to focus on now is to get the money out of Dave. I will now talk to my lawyer and also the police regarding the situation. I am sorry again but my actions were genuinely to help out a person who I got to know and I got sucked into helping. I am a person of uttermost integrity and have been deeply hurt by this. I will do everything in my power to make sure that Dave will pay back the money owed. I'll keep you all updated.

The email I sent out was to try to gauge how many people may have received the figures.

Weren't you one of the few who received their packages & pretty much encouraged everyone it is safe to order now you're saying you've been working with them throughout this whole time.. You could've mentioned you were part of helping them out a few weeks back, for all we know you're pretty much a part of this whole scam.. this is outrageous..

Hi guys,

Bummer. Just.... bummer.

Weren't you one of the few who received their packages & pretty much encouraged everyone it is safe to order now you're saying you've been working with them throughout this whole time.. You could've mentioned you were part of helping them out a few weeks back, for all we know you're pretty much a part of this whole scam.. this is outrageous..

Yes he is :slap I would not believe a word he says and suggest everyone to claim through PayPal immediately, Scammers have a habit of trying to bide more time.

I got the email too I just scoffed
Razor if you have dealt with him you probably know how he looks and you could help the police out and describe him and give them his number emails he used address ect. You're part of this whole scam and you helped him out so that makes you an accomplice. I hope you get convicted and go to a dirty jail cell for scamming hard working people out of their money. You should be ashamed of yourself. Burn in hell lmao

Re: Scammer Hot Toys web-shop

What an interesting development.

Razor's first post on page 5 of this thread:

Hi all,

I am a long time fan of Hot Toys products and I have an extensive collection. My ears certainly pricked up when hottoysonlinestore came online and initially much like most people I was hesitant to purchase through him at first. I figured with the safety of PayPal and his returns policy which is stated on his website I didn't have much to lose. So I purchased a Jack Sparrow Hot Toys figure. Here is the post that I copied from over at OSW regarding my experience;

G'day all,

I've been a long time collector of Hot Toys figures and a long time lurker on these forums without ever registering. Much like Steve74 I would also like to share my positive experience with hottoysonlinestore. It's refreshing to finally see someone selling sold out/rare Hot Toys figures for more realistic prices rather then the ripoffs you see on ebay so i will happily promote his store and keep giving him my business. I placed an order for Capt Jack Sparrow last week Thursday and paid US$220 including shipping via EMS (received figure yesterday). This price is more than $40 cheaper then SideShow which is where I have mostly bought my figures from in the past. As I wrote on the thread regarding hottoysonlinestore on the offical Hot Toys facebook page , the guy had fantastic costumer service, great communication, posted almost instantly after payment and I had US$10 deposited onto my account for making my first purchase. Really positive experience and I couldn't recommend him highly enough. He also went to the effort of calling me after I received Jack Sparrow to see if I was happy with everything and if I had any suggestions to make his business better.
I have just put an order through for DX Joker for $350 including EMS delivery so I should be getting it early next week. I'll let you know how that goes. Even more exciting for me was the brand new Batman Tumbler I got for US$850 including delivery (obviously not EMS). The guy had two in stock and appologies but I took the last one. I've had my eyes on these things for a while and you would be lucky to grab one on Ebay for $1500. The guy is pretty accommodating when you haggle the price down and I suggest you try this to get it a bit cheaper. Also, for spending over $300 I got $20 store credit much like you do over at Sideshow.

Now onto Jack....... definitely an original Hot Toys product. Comes with the Hot Toys brown cardboard box and all. I noticed Steve74 said his figure shipped from China......mine came from Hong Kong. I've included a couple of pictures (sorry for the bad quality but my camera is out of action at the moment so I had to use my mobile) of him and I can honestly say that Jack is the best Hot Toys figure that I Own. Even beats T800 from T2.

I'll let you all know in a few days how DX Joker is.

I look forward to hearing more people's feedback on this store. I hope that these positive experiences will be widespread as this could be a fantastic place to purchase those rare Hot Toys figures at what I would consider reasonable prices. In addition, their prices on new releases are also far more attractive then most other stores. I will post on here as well early next week once my DX Joker arrives.

Sounds like a totally different person with no mention of his involvement. And instead, now, sounds like an advertisement.

Last edited:
Back