www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

It's really good that people post here. All these names and numbers and addresses need to be forwarded to the Cyber Crime Unit of the Hong Kong Police.
It will take you about 10 minutes to fill out the form and help the Police to find the people responsible !

Not sure how I feel about the sudden influx of newbs only posting off the back of this store.
Not that they are not welcome, it just doesn't sit right with me all this.

It's unnerving. I've wanted to try the shop but all the newbs posting only about the shop, most 1-2 time posters, is making me have a rather lack in trust in the whole situation.

Seriously ? Site is gone. People receiving envelopes full of paper ?!
Yeah we all are employees of Hot Toys and we are trying to bad mouth Dave and his super friends...
You were one of the lucky ones PERIOD I think those guys really were just waiting for the Big Fish and that unfortunately was the person who ordered 24 figures from them. I really hope everyone gets their money back.

::edit:: Just because we are new doesn't make this any more suspicious. You guys really need to come of your Join Date Post Count High Horses and stop acting elite. We all start small and I personally recently started looking at Hot Toys figures. Rare ones are expensive as hell so I found the store online just like I found this thread through google.
Their prices seemed great so I fell for it. Now I am posting here to prevent anyone else from their scam and all we get is NEWBS this NEWBS that.
This forum has some horrible members who aren't welcoming at all !

Seriously ? Site is gone. People receiving envelopes full of paper ?!
Yeah we all are employees of Hot Toys and we are trying to bad mouth Dave and his super friends...
You were one of the lucky ones PERIOD I think those guys really were just waiting for the Big Fish and that unfortunately was the person who ordered 24 figures from them. I really hope everyone gets their money back.

::edit:: Just because we are new doesn't make this any more suspicious. You guys really need to come of your Join Date Post Count High Horses and stop acting elite. We all start small and I personally recently started looking at Hot Toys figures. Rare ones are expensive as hell so I found the store online just like I found this thread through google.
Their prices seemed great so I fell for it. Now I am posting here to prevent anyone else from their scam and all we get is NEWBS this NEWBS that.
This forum has some horrible members who aren't welcoming at all !

Please do not dictate what we should and should not be feeling about all this.
We are all big boys who can make our own decisions based on the evidence at hand.
Try looking at all this from our point of view. ;)

I did and it didn't make any sense to me why us joining and voicing our concerns is suspicious mate ?

In my few years here I've never seen a bunch of new people join just to discuss one store.

I joined this forum to discuss the recent purchase about the online store, because I had concerns myself. I believed that with someone else voicing their experience with purchases it would clear my doubt in the matter. I didn't know that that there are some in here who just more worried about their groups, rather than try to help others who have little or no experience with a specific store concern. I did notice that there were a few who did help and were victims. I want to thank those who did respond to my questions and helped me look further into getting my money back.

I'm not worried about "my group", I'm worried about my hard earned money. It weirds me out some of the older members with higher post counts got their order and new people didn't.

I joined this forum to discuss the recent purchase about the online store, because I had concerns myself. I believed that with someone else voicing their experience with purchases it would clear my doubt in the matter. I didn't know that that there are some in here who just more worried about their groups, rather than try to help others who have little or no experience with a specific store concern. I did notice that there were a few who did help and were victims. I want to thank those who did respond to my questions and helped me look further into getting my money back.

Odd how you read things that way. I am one of those folks who helped by posting the names etc and trying to eleminate one possibility of what is happening here.

Having so many new members is odd. No one is saying you are bad for doing so. No one is saying anybody is lying.

Please just try to have an open mind about all this. It is all very odd.
Some get their figures while others (most of which are newbs) have not.

If you were in my position, I think you would feel the same too.

Lets stay the course eh?!

Well that's what I'm worried about "my hard earned money" too my friend. I got scammed for $450.00 of my hard earned money. I'm a figure collector too. I was at megacon this weekend and I picked up a HT john Connor final battle for $200, which was a better deal than this. I was trying to save a few bucks, from which I could have bought 2 more figures this weekend with that money instead. But i'm in the same position too a loss. Sorry for any misunderstandings guys, but I should have just bought somewhere else. I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed with paypal. I hope others get their money too.

Last edited:

in all honesty, we have not seen any proof that anyone recieved their figures, all we DO know for a fact is that the site is now offline, and the ones who "recieved" figures and urged everyone to try this store out, now either is gone from this thread or is starting to go change their stories.

I've noticed that too that some are gone. I'm so freakin pissed over this.

in all honesty, we have not seen any proof that anyone recieved their figures, all we DO know for a fact is that the site is now offline, and the ones who "recieved" figures and urged everyone to try this store out, now either is gone from this thread or is starting to go change their stories.

That's what Eamon is trying to determine - he received his figure and is wanting more established members on this board to announce whether or not they've received theirs. It's not being elitist, it's just attempting to separate the people whose stories and objectivity can be trusted, from those whose intentions can't be known for sure because they have no history here.

4 emails & no response, I guess I'll file a claim to paypal immediately.. Man this really ruined my week, I was all pumped up to receive my figures..

I'm a noob on this board also, & I think the sudden spike of members is due to the sudden spike so victims, I only joined to share my experience with HTOS that's what this thread was about in the beginning correct?.. I'm feeling like _____ as it is so I'll appreciate some support rather condescending comments, Please, lets just all get along:exactly:

Oh dear lord! :slap

So what about me then? I got my Predator and my friend here got his figure (a Joker no less).
Where do he and I fall in these ever expanding theories?

I got my figure, I am happy. I have better things to do.

But I genuinley want to find out what the story is here. If folks could actually use their brain, that would be just dandy! ;)

4 emails & no response, I guess I'll file a claim to paypal immediately.. Man this really ruined my week, I was all pumped up to receive my figures..

I'm a noob on this board also, & I think the sudden spike of members is due to the sudden spike so victims, I only joined to share my experience with HTOS that's what this thread was about in the beginning correct?.. I'm feeling like _____ as it is so I'll appreciate some support rather condescending comments, Please, lets just all get along:exactly:

feel your pain man... as a new collector myself i got all of the figures i wanted of ebay. prices werent great but i got most of them from us sellers with good feedback, and all were sealed except for my iron man mark iv. most expensive figure i ended getting of ebay was from an hk seller for the blade 2 figure 550 dollars shipped :panic:

took me about 2 months starting in november :slap

edit: i live in qatar btw

Damn, really feel sorry for all you who has been scammed, hate to say i told you so, but ... check my previous posts in this thread if you want to, i took ALOT of heat for being sceptical from the beginning about this whole thing ....

Same here.

Here's the latest post from OSW. Its from a member who registered in 2009, so definitely not a noob.

"I try to advise administrators 12-05-2011

“Warning 12-05-2011

Some days ago I buy BARNEY ROSS figure to "david" but this guy no have the figure... the site is not trusted for me.... on ebay this guy is banned...No longer a registered user on ebay...

https://myworld.ebay.com/davidmustehk...:RTQ:US:1181

the same person, different mail accounts and paypal...

[email protected]'; [email protected];
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

https://www.hottoysonlinestore.com/

Only take care... I was cheated by the user, and now to this day still does not return of my money .-“

So, there you have it. The scammer posed as various people advertising "this cool new store that you need to check out." asking even for other statue forums in Europe, then offered unbelievable prices.

I sincerely hope you all get your refunds, guys. And that HK police do their work and track this guy who probably emptied his bank account of, what amounts several years of wages in China. One figure is 2 months worth. You do the math how well off this Dave is now.

And I don't hear much from the early yay sayers any more. The cheer leading squad has left the building, it seems.

Back