www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

i started collecting hot toys just 3 months ago, and i just read alot of reviews on the figures at mwc toys etc. many of them mentioned sideshow freaks so i joined up here in November. I also found out about hot toys online store from one sixth warriors by doing a google search on hot toys online store.

so yes i would say that most of the people that have signed up recently found this thread through a google search. they placed an order didnt get it, and now are doing their research on the store.

I greatly appreciate their input as it probably has stopped alot of people from getting scammed by them.

feel sorry to hear that:(........... better be aware of such scam we have to spread this news as much we can even through social networking sites

they could still be scamming people who dont visits forums, how did so many new member who ordered from this store join this forum so fast, did anyone ask u guys too, join here,,its a bit suspect in that way

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

I am kind of skeptical too. There seems to be an "explosion" of new members and almost all of them are posting only in this thread...... :dunno

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

I am kind of skeptical too. There seems to be an "explosion" of new members and almost all of them are posting only in this thread...... :dunno

:slap google search "hot toys online store legitimate reliable etc" and you will get this forum thread and one sixth warrior thread as a search result. stop beating a dead horse about the new users that are just trying to help.

20 HT Figs...... yea right!

I have been reading this thread but decided to not comment as I'm a dealer myself, didn't want to dog a new dealer (if it was genuine) but Jeeez... warning signs was there from the start......

I'm not really shocked of whats happened - good luck to u guys who got scammed, you should be able to get your money back, well I hope so!!!

:slap google search "hot toys online store legitimate reliable etc" and you will get this forum thread and one sixth warrior thread as a search result. stop beating a dead horse about the new users that are just trying to help.

Agree!

Aso do a search on HTOTs scam and sideshow is on the top of the search list.

New members are trying to help...not many of them join the forum

Well, I love beating dead horses just like you love having all your comments concentrated in only a single thread i.e. this thread. To each his own Newb! :nana: And do learn to accept that in this world, there are others who don't necessarily share your opinions.

Stop me beating dead horses if you can.

:horse:horse:horse:horse

Well the first time I heard about HTOS was through the onesixthwarrior.com thread, I believe the thread creator was reviewing his/her purchase on HTOS saying they were legitimate. It was probably one of the first buyers.

I have recently discovered HT collectable figures and wanted to invest money on the new Batman 1989 figure to resale it in a few months, see if I could earn some extra money. So I search on google for more information about HTOS since they had really good deals and found Sideshow freaks forum, I kept reading through the thread for positive feedback for a few weeks before placing my order and joining the forum to share my experience and help out if I could, it all seemed correct so I decided I would give it a try, always keeping on mind that I could get my money back from Paypal.

Here I am now, still no answer from HTOS, I also think it is pretty much clear now that it is a scam, looking at the user that received letters and now all of a sudden HTOS not replying to e-mails, when they would reply almost right away, says it all...

I said I would wait this week for the package to arrive, but that would be too optimistic at this point, so I will send a claim to Paypal and also report them on that HK police site posted before.

It might look like all the newbs joining it's suspicious, but it seems like they are all getting scammed too.

Just wanted to share how I ended it up here and I hope I'm not related or mistaken by one of these HTOS scammers, since I plan on collecting HT figures in the future and I'd like to stick around the Sideshow forum and be taken seriously.

Thanks.

well, looks like their website is takendown too,

I'm glad I didn't go through with my order. They were willing to take $100 off both items I made an offer on. That in itself seemed fishy to me. Now, doesn't it throw a wrench into things if they have a tracking number they can provide? Even if it's an envelope of papers.

I am going to ignore all these new members for now and ask those other more 'established' members who did get their figures from HTOS to confirm where your delivered figure came from.

On my paperwork here for my delivered Classic Predator, I got:
Avno Lai in Tai Po.

I think it would be good to confirm or deny the theory that these guys do not have any actual stock and instead get other folks to acquire these figures they sell on their site as and when they sell them.
As if that is the case then I would be of the opinion that this was just a sloppy operation with untrustworthy partners and not some massive organised scam.

Though my girlfriend did remind me of that fake Apple Store in China. So they can and do go to some lenghts to scam but then that was Apple products which are far more worth scamming for.

I feel for you guys who got scammed.
I was lucky with my classic Predator.
Was gonna follow with a Superman but the thing they did about giving me false shipping date and false tracking number was a huge no go.

The fact that they gave toy hunters bags with the orders made me think that they were actually going to the store buying figures one by one.

With all the suspect behavior i'm really suprised by those who ordered many figures or signed for letters when they were supposed to receive boxes.

Well at least the store is closed.

All the victims act now, contact paypal, file the complain at the hong kong cyber crime thingie...
Act fast don't just complain here.

I'm glad I didn't go through with my order. They were willing to take $100 off both items I made an offer on. That in itself seemed fishy to me. Now, doesn't it throw a wrench into things if they have a tracking number they can provide? Even if it's an envelope of papers.

How would it help their case in any way?

I have a Paypal Invoice listing the items I've bought. I have saved all the e-mail correspondence detailing the transaction, and I have the sellers signature on an envelope marked 'toys' classified at 0.1 kg with junk documents. They have clearly not fulfilled their part of the transaction.

The only reason this document was sent, was to buy the scammers more time until the PayPal transaction would clear in their local bank.

They have probably waited until the balance in the local bank had a substantial sum, before making a withdrawal, and shutting down the operation.

-------------------------------------------
Read my initial post regarding the scam, here
File a Cyber Crime report with the HK police, here

I am a newbee that wanted info on this website. I already filed my paypal claim for one figure. Thanks to everyone that helped wih information. The site is down for sure now.

Darioz,
since you signed for the letters Paypal might just refuse to refund you.
Even if you have proof that it's just papers and ____ you got.
Happened to me once, when i received an empty box.
They started to bust my balls, even if i hadproof and all they said i should have checked the content before signing so i just told them i will file a claim at the police and send them a copy.
Got a refund right away.

I feel for you guys who got scammed.
I was lucky with my classic Predator.
Was gonna follow with a Superman but the thing they did about giving me false shipping date and false tracking number was a huge no go.

The fact that they gave toy hunters bags with the orders made me think that they were actually going to the store buying figures one by one.

With all the suspect behavior i'm really suprised by those who ordered many figures or signed for letters when they were supposed to receive boxes.

Well at least the store is closed.

All the victims act now, contact paypal, file the complain at the hong kong cyber crime thingie...
Act fast don't just complain here.

Can you please confirm what I asked above dude?

Well, I love beating dead horses just like you love having all your comments concentrated in only a single thread i.e. this thread. To each his own Newb! :nana: And do learn to accept that in this world, there are others who don't necessarily share your opinions.

Stop me beating dead horses if you can.

:stick stop beating dead horses plzz

Same as yours.
Avno or Arno Lai from Taipo.
Anybody need the full adress for their claim?

Back