WWE/WWF Replica Belts Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, was really pleased to find this forum as i wanted to pick up a replica belt myself. I watch WWE occasionally these days but not as much as i used to in the classic 80s and 90s era. I was at a show in MSG in New York on the 26th and i saw some guys with the classic WWF intercontinental belt and thats always been my favourite one so when i saw it for 300 dollars on the wwe site i was pretty excited! But i found out its synthetic leather with cardboard in the middle which i suppose it was never going to be exactly the same as the real title belt for 300dollars.
But after reading the foruma and finding out AJs do a full leather strap i think i might go that way. At this point im not sure if i am going to have a full collection so i might spend a bit extra to get the releather. Has anyone tried AJs releather, and good? Does anyone know what the plates are made out of on these belts?

You can't go wrong picking up a Classic IC Replica belt right now at WWEShop.com with the code King Darkness put up. Then in time, if you dislike the synthetic strap (which isn't as bad as you might think)...you could always get a strap done by AJS.

I'll be honest with you. My friend has gotten a few replicas "releathered" through AJS. The straps are cut exactly like the Figs Inc Belts and are a little floppier than those straps. I'd only go that route if the synthetic strap ever cracks, bubbles, or stiffens. Figs Inc's straps have improved greatly since they were first released in 1999. I'd say those AJS straps are exactly like Premier Replica Straps that you see on the NWA Domed Globe, Tag Team, and Independent Replica belts that you see on their site.

If you want your belt to bend like they do on TV, you should contact Dave Milican or Reggie Parks directly. The only thing is that you would probably have to ship them the belt (and pay the shipping fees to send it back to you) and wait 2-6 months for them to create your handmade belt. I listed Daves site a few pages back. They have actually created many of the belts that you've seen on TV (especially Reggie...he was the original belt maker for the Winged Eagle, Classic IC, Classic Tag, WCW US, WCW 91 World Belts). Dave currently makes belts for the WWE. He is helping out with the Current IC and he created the Penny Tags

As far as the plates on adult replicas, they are 2mm metal plates. The real belts that you see on TV are 4mm thick and have a thicker engraving. The adult replica belt plates are machine pressed. In my opinion, spend the money and use the discount code to get yourself that Classic IC belt. Once you have it in person, I think you'll be very impressed once you have it in hand. If you have any other questions let me know...

thanks guys that makes a lot of sense, with the shipping and cost of the belt its quite a lot of money as all that is different is the leather strap. I couldnt get the King Darkness code to work for some reason i tried it as two words and all as one word but it didnt seem to work, what does it do? I tried another code i foundon this thread - BUSTED and it knocked the total price including shipping down by 57 dollars. I am glad the plates are metal someone had said they were plastic.
One thing i did want to know though was is the intercontinental front plate curved at all so you can actually wear it? Some people mentioned getting their plates curved seperately, it seems strange a shop would sell a non curved plate? Surely everyone wants to strap on the gold and their favourite superstars entrance music rock on!

I think people go a bit overkill on the curve. Both my winged eagle and Intercontinental have a slight curve. It's enough for me anyways, I guess you could always curve it further, but it is by no means necessary.

thanks guys that makes a lot of sense, with the shipping and cost of the belt its quite a lot of money as all that is different is the leather strap. I couldnt get the King Darkness code to work for some reason i tried it as two words and all as one word but it didnt seem to work, what does it do? I tried another code i foundon this thread - BUSTED and it knocked the total price including shipping down by 57 dollars. I am glad the plates are metal someone had said they were plastic.
One thing i did want to know though was is the intercontinental front plate curved at all so you can actually wear it? Some people mentioned getting their plates curved seperately, it seems strange a shop would sell a non curved plate? Surely everyone wants to strap on the gold and their favourite superstars entrance music rock on!

yeah i thought it would be strange that they wouldnt be curved, I have a 32 inch waist so i would have thought a slight curve would be enough, hopefully

yeah i thought it would be strange that they wouldnt be curved, I have a 32 inch waist so i would have thought a slight curve would be enough, hopefully

The whole curving thing is practically a scam. You can do a slight curve yourself by placing the main plate face up on your leg and pressing down on the sides if the plate is too flat (ie WCW Big Gold). I don't know how AJS can justify charging people extra money for that.

yeah i thought it sounded strange too offer a special curving service. I mean you would have to be have an extremely thin waist to want it curved too much! Nitro i saw some pictures of your belt collection, awesome brother!

yeah i thought it sounded strange too offer a special curving service. I mean you would have to be have an extremely thin waist to want it curved too much! Nitro i saw some pictures of your belt collection, awesome brother!

Thanks! :duff

I'm in the process of updating my collectibles room. I'm putting both belt cases together and should look great next to each other. I just added the current Intercontinental Belt & picked up a Kane MITB Plaque on the cheap from WWEShop.com...plus already have a multi-signed Royal Rumble 2007 plaque that I've got to somehow rearrange to fit together. I'll post a pic when it's complete...

Cant wait to see that am only after one belt for my room at the moment but can imagine it can be quite addictive. I bet a winged eagle on a while strap would be sweet....

:thud:

:yess:

Can't wait for the pics.

Thanks! :duff

I'm in the process of updating my collectibles room. I'm putting both belt cases together and should look great next to each other. I just added the current Intercontinental Belt & picked up a Kane MITB Plaque on the cheap from WWEShop.com...plus already have a multi-signed Royal Rumble 2007 plaque that I've got to somehow rearrange to fit together. I'll post a pic when it's complete...

I just bought a micro wcw replica belt from wrestling superstore, it's a little flat and doesn't fit around the waist of my 1/6 figures but it looks great on their shoulders. I have a Rock custom cooking up so he's going to be displayed with the belt.

I have a Hogan Ringside Rebels 12" figure so I'm buying the undisputed micro replica for him.

Still laboring over which adult sized replica to get... I'm considering selling all of my collection and getting a real replica belt so I'm losing sleep over this a bit :rotfl

At the very least I'll sell off all my wrestling collection since I figure a replica belt will represent my WWF/WCW interests anyway.

I hear what u are saying. I was spending so much cash On the legends line that decided I would be better off investing in a couple of belts that would represent 80s and 90s wrestling.

I just bought a micro wcw replica belt from wrestling superstore, it's a little flat and doesn't fit around the waist of my 1/6 figures but it looks great on their shoulders. I have a Rock custom cooking up so he's going to be displayed with the belt.

I have a Hogan Ringside Rebels 12" figure so I'm buying the undisputed micro replica for him.

Still laboring over which adult sized replica to get... I'm considering selling all of my collection and getting a real replica belt so I'm losing sleep over this a bit :rotfl

At the very least I'll sell off all my wrestling collection since I figure a replica belt will represent my WWF/WCW interests anyway.

Hey, i was wondering if anyone here had an ultra deluxe classic IC belt or had seen one up close? I was thinking of getting a normal replica of this belt but with a leather strap around 470 dollars, thing is that i live in uk :( so i'm thinking if i get hit with a customs charge the it could work out about the same price as an ultra deluxe belt bought from the UK. So anyone seen an ultra deluxe IC belt? I hear the plates cant be curved but apart from that the ultra deluxe belts are as close to the real thing as possible without spending $$$$$$$$$'s

I've seen one. If its going to be the same price, def get the Ultra Deluxe. The plates are the same thickness as a real belt. It's a heavy belt (11 lbs vs. 4 lbs).

However, the machine stamping on the Ultra Deluxe is the same as on the normal replica plates, so there will be no difference. You'll find the engraving to be the same. As far as the strap, they use the same exact strap as the Deluxe version of the belt. "Real" leather with a cardboard layering in the middle.

As far as getting as close to the real thing, it's a little closer...but nothing touches a real belt from Milican, Parks, Wildcat Belts, etc., which cost in the $1000's (USD). If you ever had a real wrestling belt in your hand, you'd understand differences pretty quickly. Not that replicas are bad by any means. I love them. It's why I own 9 of those and not a single "real" belt.

BTW, WWEShop.com is having another 20% off sale with the code. They have RAW and Smackdown belts in stock pretty cheap (since they are already marked down under $200).

wow you would think when they charge that much for an ultra deluxe they could at least take the cardboard out and make it leather all the way thru :dunno if the deluxe had been a hand made strap i would have got it maybe. I think i'm just goin to check the sale and get the replica, its 20% off with a new code they put out on facebook (altho shipping is still expensive), hopefully customs wont charge me too much with the overall cost now reduced.

wow you would think when they charge that much for an ultra deluxe they could at least take the cardboard out and make it leather all the way thru :dunno if the deluxe had been a hand made strap i would have got it maybe. I think i'm just goin to check the sale and get the replica, its 20% off with a new code they put out on facebook (altho shipping is still expensive), hopefully customs wont charge me too much with the overall cost now reduced.

The straps are machine pressed too. All Figs Inc Replica Belts have the cardboard layering inside to maintain shape and look of a real one (regardless or synthetic leather or "real" leather).

You are better off just getting an adult replica of that Classic IC belt with the 20% off code. There is no question that you won't fall in love with the belt once you get it.

I took the plunge! I just ordered the classic IC belt from wweshop. Its going to take a few weeks to come cos they kind of shut down the first week of new year and its international. But i'm pretty excited, cant wait for it to arrive! :)

I was on wrestlingbeltworld just now and i noticed that Reggie will releather figs inc belts for around 200$, which is only 11 dollars more expensive than AJs. Has anyone had a releathering done by Reggie, surely that would be good quality!

I was on wrestlingbeltworld just now and i noticed that Reggie will releather figs inc belts for around 200$, which is only 11 dollars more expensive than AJs. Has anyone had a releathering done by Reggie, surely that would be good quality!

If Reggie does the releather for you, it could take up to a year and a half. His (and Dave Milican) straps are the same thing that you see on television. The thing is that they are backed up on orders at different times of the year. Sometimes you'll get a 6 month quote...other times you might receive a 16 month quote. It all depends on other work that they are doing. I'd contact either one of them for a quote for the strap (that you want done) along with how long it could take.

I'm not a huge fan of AJS releathered belts to be honest. Yes they are a slight upgrade over the Figs Ince straps, but they feel more like a heavy vinyl than leather. If you've ever had the chance to see any of the Premier Belts on AJS (different manufacturer of replicas...like the TNA World, X Division, NWA Domed Globe, NWA Tag Team, and independent belts (World & US), the straps that you get done are of the same quality as those. I'd assume get Reggie or Dave to do one instead.

i spoke to a guy who takes the orders for reggie and he said 4 months approx :( but that pricing is very competitive which tempts me. this guy https://www.nickelographics.com/ apparently does a good releather but for more cost. It would be really something to say i got my IC re leathred for Reg Parks. I think am goin to get me one of those championship belt rings also if i have any cash left over!

Back