Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" P1 Predator figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" Predator figure?

• YES

Votes: 180 69.8%
  • NO

Votes: 78 30.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they could get the paint apps right and did these in 1:6...they'd put Hot Toys out of business.

Maybe not "out of business", but they'd destroy their Predator figure business.

What you don't realize is that if they were that much of a threat, HT would raise the stakes that much more and squash NECA. Why cant people be happy that we are getting a wealth of great product right now from multiple companies at multiple price points. Buy what you like and enjoy it...no need for bashing and preaching. I've got my Predators NECA figs in my case right next to my HT figs, and guess what...they look great! Never have understood the fanboy mentality.

What you don't realize is that if they were that much of a threat, HT would raise the stakes that much more and squash NECA. Why cant people be happy that we are getting a wealth of great product right now from multiple companies at multiple price points. Buy what you like and enjoy it...no need for bashing and preaching. I've got my Predators NECA figs in my case right next to my HT figs, and guess what...they look great!

I'm not bashing, or preaching.

I'm damn glad we've got so many companies making great Alien/Predator collectibles.

I can remember when there was NOTHING Alien/Pred related.

But seriously, the only reason NECA isn't a threat is they DON'T do 1:6 Predators.

No offense, but I think you are wrong. They have done larger scale figs of characters that HT has made, and they haven't driven anyone out of business...as a matter of fact HT just continues to dominate the industry. If they did 1:6 Preds, they would exist in the same marketplace and sell just like other product does. HT will always be the company that sets the standard in the 1:6 world, until someone comes along and knocks them off...and NECA isn't going to be the one to do it. Now if Tankman took his talents to Enterbay or started a new company of his own, that would be interesting. But then again, many of the NECA folks would then whine that the product costs too much. Now, that said, these NECA Preds do look outstanding, and HT could take some notes on proportions/facial structure, etc. But would I trade my HT P2 Elder for the NECA one, even if it were 1:6? Hell no. But I would buy it for the likely price of $50-$75...and put it in the same case.

neca could give ht a run for their money, if they would do 1/6 predators, and improve their paint standards to ht levels.

But once again, to do this, the cost would skyrocket...out of the range of the typical NECA customer. So they will likely stick with their slot in the marketplace and give us items for under $100 with sub-par to average paint apps.

I will say this. If NECA puts as much effort into the packaging/presentation, and limits the release of the fig so they cant be found at every TRU on the planet, you will see the interest go way up. The reason why the HT Preds have done as well as they have is they A) they have a great fanbase, and B) they are hard to come by and sought after by collectors and scalpers. The Guardian Pred proves that. If NECA actually made the SDCC Berserker a limited edition fig with 1000 pieces available, the interest level would skyrocket. Not that I condone it...

Last edited:
it's not like the two are in direct competition. not much point in comparing the two (aside from sculpts) considering the difference in price and scale.

But once again, to do this, the cost would skyrocket...out of the range of the typical NECA customer. So they will likely stick with their slot in the marketplace and give us items for under $100 with sub-par to average paint apps.

I will say this. If NECA puts as much effort into the packaging/presentation, and limits the release of the fig so they cant be found at every TRU on the planet, you will see the interest go way up. The reason why the HT Preds have done as well as they have is they A) they have a great fanbase, and B) they are hard to come by and sought after by collectors and scalpers. The Guardian Pred proves that. If NECA actually made the SDCC Berserker a limited edition fig with 1000 pieces available, the interest level would skyrocket. Not that I condone it...

they could and should do this with 1/6 predators and could still do low end 7 inch figures for tru and younger collectors. then neca could please both high and low end collectors.

they could and should do this with 1/6 predators and could still do low end 7 inch figures for tru and younger collectors. then neca could please both high and low end collectors.
that's actually a good idea. they already make statues and prop replicas, they should do high-end(ish) 1:6 scale collector's figures, too.

Is it just in looks though? I'm not seein git.

No. The open mouth didn't look remotely to scale with the ones I saw in the movie. Give me enough credit to recognize that. I think even the heartiest NECA fan would have to agree that taking the 1:6 mandibles and gluing them to a NECA figure would be horribly disproportionate. I'm trying hard to see what everybody sees in the NECA. dev'll tell ya the fact that I picked them up and seriously looked them over should say enough. The paint apps were bad on the super preds, which I can sort of agree with you there, but again, the open mandibles on Classic were ridiculously big. That's why I'm wondering if it's production that kills the accuracy everybody's raving about. OR, if like the T2 head, it's just certain aspects you're using from said sculpt to say it's superior.

Side-by-side the NECA classic predator and the predator from p1 look like twins in the sculpt. And of course one sixth mandibles on a 7 inch figure would look disproportionate.... :slap

I only care about accuracy, not "finish" or any of that (again, if I don't like it I can fix it!) so to me the T2 head IS superior :lecture

If they could get the paint apps right and did these in 1:6...they'd put Hot Toys out of business.

Maybe not "out of business", but they'd destroy their Predator figure business.

No bud. The only thing that would do is give the lower end collectors more bang for their buck.

it's not like the two are in direct competition. not much point in comparing the two (aside from sculpts) considering the difference in price and scale.

THIS! Some people collect one or the other and some collect both, but they really don't compare when you look at the finished products. While they appeal to broad Predator collectors, they're marketed to two completely different markets.

Finally saw the new Predators line in TRU today. All of them. You guys who think they look more accurate are crazy. From their piss poor paint apps to their out of scale jowls (I swear Classic's were ____ing close to 1:6 scale :lol), I didn't see anything that was remotely superior to HT as far as "accuracy" goes. Is this somehow miraculously different on the 18" figures or do they turn "perfection" into ____ during production?

I think you are exaggerating:

jubblf.jpg

5aibn5.jpg

Well, I didn't want to get into a debate where we would both have conflicting views. I think it is more accurate than McToys' version and I also feel it is more aesthetically appealing than hot toys' Predator 1 figure and bust. $15 is a steal for something that looks this nice, that goes for them all in my eyes. Beauty comes from the eyes of the beholder. :lol

Maybe a tiny bit, but we're talking millimeters difference. Look how ____ing huge those mandibles are. They're completely out of scale with the figure. :lol

They are pretty big I suppose judging by those 2 pics. Innaccurate though? I dunno really. I'd be interested to compare them to the McFarlane version to see how big those ones were and obviously to the film aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back