1/6 Would you buy a Hot Toys Fleckmobile?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a Hot Toys 1/6th Fleckmobile?

• Total voters
No, but because I have no more space at the moment for another vehicle, not necessarily because I don't like the design. The jury's still out for me, I want to see it in action first before I decide if I like it. Even though it's been closely tied to the character almost from the beginning, the Batmobile destroys the whole "urban legend" aspect of Batman, doesn't it? If it's just a guy in a dark mask and cape at night, sure, people can doubt he exists. "Some guy I work with...knows someone...who 'thinks' they saw him beat a thug who was trying to mug someone once, but it was really dark and he was on the other side of the street, so he's not sure."

No one in Gotham "thinks" they saw the Batmobile. If it drives by, they know it.

Loved the Fleckmobile at first sight. I always like it when they make something different. I missed the HT Tumbler so this is an instant PO for me.

Gotta love people calling this transforming mess of metal plates sleeker than Tumbler :lol
And no, looks nothing like 89 Batmobile.

No, but because I have no more space at the moment for another vehicle, not necessarily because I don't like the design. The jury's still out for me, I want to see it in action first before I decide if I like it. Even though it's been closely tied to the character almost from the beginning, the Batmobile destroys the whole "urban legend" aspect of Batman, doesn't it? If it's just a guy in a dark mask and cape at night, sure, people can doubt he exists. "Some guy I work with...knows someone...who 'thinks' they saw him beat a thug who was trying to mug someone once, but it was really dark and he was on the other side of the street, so he's not sure."

No one in Gotham "thinks" they saw the Batmobile. If it drives by, they know it.

Probably true of the 89 film too, although I've kinda speculated to myself that perhaps he didn't use the car from the very beginning. I've wondered is the first time we sit it in the 89 film also the first time anyone in Gotham would have seen it.

Too early to tell. I'm fine with the design but it would take a lot of screentime and maybe a couple of film appearances before I think that it's worth the purchase as this would cost around $700-800.

Just bring the '66 Batmobile already. That and the '89 car are the true iconic on-screen Batmobiles IMO.

By the time this goes up for PO, it might be even more. :horror

Would I buy? Only if it comes with this.

xerxes.jpg

It's so ugly. It's like they wanted to do a cross between the tumbler and 89 mobile but failed miserably. Not sure what kind of onscreen performance can get me excited over this other it getting blown to bits.

The tires are the only things that I would want to change, other than the front end. The body, itself, looks great, but I think the design could benefit greatly from a "diet" of sorts. It's almost contradictory. The body seems so sleek and, relatively, conservative, and then, when you put those two back tires together, they're about as thick as the car, but, rather than having them be a part of it, they jut out to the sides and "flatten" it.

I suspect this thread will undergo a seismic shift in light of these recent pics. :lol

That said - it's not a Batmobile, it's a military buggy. I want the sleek black shadow-esque car that most everyone ELSE wants too. :lecture

That's what I mean, though. What makes it a buggy? To me, I think that perception would be gone completely if they had the tires under the car, instead of to the sides. Cover up the extra space underneath by having an old school "bat head" battering ram smack dab on the front end, and you're golden.:lecture

This already looks a lot better than the Tumbler. The Tumbler always had a incomplete look at the front. This is a much better design. Expect a lot of bashing from the people who can't stand a better Batmobile than the one they have at home. Definite buy for me when this comes out.

Yeah, the fat wheels buggy-fy it, but the remnant aesthetics of the tumbler just amp up the off road thing again.

In short - it's just WB/DC clinging to their security blanket, & smothering Snyder with it.

Why can't they just make a ****ing kick*** looking BATMOBILE. :lol

Back