Would you buy a Disney Princess Premium Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a Disney Princess (Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, etc) Premium Format?

• Yes!

Votes: 120 61.9%
  • Nope

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 25 12.9%

• Total voters
:lol Yeah Sideshow is very good at the whole cryptic answer thing. I think they take lessons from the Oracle at Delphi.

Pitty they don't employ Paul, the octopus, at least he gives direct answers, which turn out to be true as well.

My wife will definitely be all over the princesses specially belle,snow white, ariel, jazmine, mulan and tiana.

Looking over the chat and taking all over past factors in to account, I do get the feeling that Jessica is at least going to happen and maybe even for SDCC.

At least that would be my hope and really make my SDCC, I ordered the Evil Queen at the last one, so Jessica would be perfect for this one.

However, as always, I am prepared to be disappointed in case I'm wrong, I just hope I'm not. Otherwise I have a real fear that this line will pretty much die before SS get to making any of the ones that I really wanted when the license was first announced.

I wonder why they are doing Jessica, she's not a villain and she's not live action. :lol C'mon Sideshow, give us some other animated good guys too!

No, but the movie she was in is Live Action, well, sort of, so I think she slips in that way. Besides, you'd think that SS would assume she would sell.....

Either way, it's a start, then we can work on SS for the others.

Oh yeah that's right, I think Dusty even mentioned that was how they are justifying her. :lol Enchanted was live action and an homage to the animated Princess movies, is that enough justification?

Enchanted was live action and an homage to the animated Princess movies, is that enough justification?

Hey, I don't care how they justify it, as long as it's still the animated versions that get made, I'm all for it.

So on this subject, if anyone ends up at the SS panel during SDCC, don't forget to keep pushing for the PF line to be 'expanded'.

Hey, I don't care how they justify it, as long as it's still the animated versions that get made, I'm all for it.

So on this subject, if anyone ends up at the SS panel during SDCC, don't forget to keep pushing for the PF line to be 'expanded'.

:lecture

Definately need some people representing the Disney crowd. I know i'd love to see the PF line expanded, but i'd also love them to start a diorama line. I know there was a thread about dios somewhere in here.

Just think of the possibilities with a license like Disney. I could finally stop drooling over the Signature Series line, which is way out of most peoples price range, and own some amazing Disney dioramas. Sideshow could make dioramas that look just as amazing, and the price would be much kinder to collectors.

But first, we must press for the princesses and other good guys, in PF form.:pray:

I practically begged Brock in chat for any news on the Disney license, but he just kept ignoring. Hopefully someone will be at SDCC to ask, like an earlier post pointed out.

I practically begged Brock in chat for any news on the Disney license, but he just kept ignoring. Hopefully someone will be at SDCC to ask, like an earlier post pointed out.

However, you also asked Matt:

sigep756: Can you tell us a favorite character of yours that has not yet been sculpted or released by Sideshow?

Matt Aylward: I would love to do Disney Princesses someday.

As found in the chat transcript.

So I think it's important to keep up the pressure, in chat, on the website, at SDCC, etc, etc.

Hell, if they can make a 'previously chopped in half' Darth Maul PF, then they can sure as hell can make me a Belle PF.

Last edited:
Thanks guru, I'll continue to nudge SS in chats when I can! :)

I kind of got the impression that there needs to be more interest in the Disney PF's they have now. I'm still stunned the Evil Queen EX hasn't sold out.

I kind of got the impression that there needs to be more interest in the Disney PF's they have now. I'm still stunned the Evil Queen EX hasn't sold out.

Yeah, it fact it's not even on low quantity alert, which makes no sense at all.

With luck the reg will stay sold out, which will help matters.

I would love Belle! Either in her regular peasent dress or her ball gown. Or maybe her winter dress. They never have Belle dolls in that dress. The ball gown is absolutely gorgous and epic, but almost over done.

Briar Rose should have a dress that changes from Blue to Pink and back again depending on how you look at it! It could be that shimmery fabric that can change hues depending on how the light hits it.

My daughter would buy the whole line ... but she's broke. Haha. She'd buy a Belle, Ariel, Tiana, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty (whatever her name is) first thing tomorrow. Damn the price. I, on the other hand, am not willing to spend quite this much to decorate her room.

There are already several high quality Disney figurine lines out there that cover most (if not all) of the princesses. Thomas Kinkade even has a series of paintings that will likely hit the princess high points. With the flood of both high end and low end Disney collectibles, it doesn't really surprise me that a Sideshow Disney line isn't taking off.

SnakeDoc

I agree there is a lot of Disney merch out there, but how much of it is mixed media 1/4 scale pieces?

I have a few WDCC pieces and while they're great, Sideshow is a company that's going to be pushing the bar creatively. They'll blow the Big Figs out of the water, that's for sure. I'm honestly not familiar with Thomas Kinkaide, but paintings and statues are tough to compare.

Yeah the Kinkade's definitely don't count. Personally I don't care for them at all. And even if I did it wouldn't stop me from wanting Sideshow's PFs. Not to mention Kinkade's paintings are insanely expensive. You can pretty much get a PF of half the princesses for about the price of one of his paintings.

I agree there is a lot of Disney merch out there, but how much of it is mixed media 1/4 scale pieces?

yeah, exactly, nothing else that I know of, because if there is, at the same quality of the Evil Queen, then I'll just get those.

Never heard of Kinkaide either, and while I'm sure paintings are nice, I really want statues and I really want mixed media and I really want 1/4 scale, even tho they do take up a lot of space. Hence even tho there are a lot of WDCC items around, I don't own any of them, I want my PF's.

yeah, the actual animation cels or reproductions at least, tho most of those aren't cheap either.

Still, it's statues........

Back