In your Opinion what makes a Premium Statue with Museum Pose look amazing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulo Junior Lourenço

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
as a 3D Caharacter artist/3D sculptor i am studying what makes Museum poses appealing for collectors.

so In your Opinion what makes a Premium Statue with Museum Pose look amazing? what do you look for in a museum type of statue that makes it worth buying it? does size/scale matter to you?

i will leave some Photos below just an examples, these statues dont belong or where made by me.

Attachments

• dc8dec55491bc15132154b35328c2870.jpg
    dc8dec55491bc15132154b35328c2870.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 32a63c4cecd8576dee73067d26cc3bbc.jpg
    32a63c4cecd8576dee73067d26cc3bbc.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
Implied narrative draws me to any work of art, statues or otherwise. A critic once pointed out to me that great fantasy pieces (e.g. classic D&D paintings and such) convey a story best when it occurs either before or after the action. Is our hero obliviously walking into an ambush, or standing triumphantly amongst the remnants of his/her opposition?

Museum or not, personality is also king. For example, PCS made a Street Fighter Juri Ultra statue a while back that had an amazing pose. But the character's visage didn't really convey the character's manic and sadistic personality. Though I'm certain that expressive emotions can be a risky venture in a hobby where sculpted stoicism often produces cleaner results, expressive facial features always stand out to this collector.

Back