World War Z (starring Brad Pitt)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't the ending have been more evenful if...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Now that would be a curve ball!

Cynical view aside, I didn't dig this one at all. The premise was tired and brought absolutely nothing new to the table. The need for reshoots and on set conflict were telling signs that the final product just wasn't going to be up to scratch.

Yes it would. This movie felt cynical to me, but in a different way. Like in a "Hollywoody hack job, lets make money based off a name" kind of way.

I liked it for what it tried to do but the film no doubt for me felt like a 6 hour mini series condensed into 2 hrs kinda like the Last Airbender where M Night tried to make a ten hour first season toon into less than 2 hrs only LA was a lot worse than WWZ was

It's a good movie, the little details only made it better, like when Pitt fought the zombie and he was about to jump counting to 10 to see if he would turn, it was pretty cool.

It's nice to see a character that actually figures things out unlike every single other character we've seen on many other Zombie movies.

It spent 4 weeks as the best seller, and sold over a million copies. :lol

But best seller isn't quite a solid label... Have you heard of a novel called the Spark of God? It's quite good and it's a bestseller, like 80% of the novels I own are bestsellers and I had NO idea of their existence until I bought them.

And after a little research, it spent 4 weeks on bestseller lists because of the movie.

Anyway, I don't know if it's a good book, I've received mainly negative opinions about it, people tell me that the movie is better, my point is, that Hollywood didn't try to make money solely off a name IMO.

No. It's been a best seller for years. In 2011, it sold over a million copies. So please. Come on.

The book was fairly popular before it. And the only reason they made this movie was to ride a popular name, and genre. I don't care what Brad Pitt says. This was a vehicle. And nothing more.

Dude it wasn't that popular, I bet most of the people who've seen it either didn't know about the novel before the movie or haven't read the novel, which is my case and the case of all my friends, I said the reason it stayed 4 weeks on top of the lists is because of the movie and it's true, plus the announcements and marketing stuff for the movie started in late 2009, so it definitely boosted the sales of the book.

Sure it played off of it's relative success as a novel, it's hollywood, they see something to milk and they milk it, but the novel benefited way more off Pitt's name than Pitt from the novel, but whatever, I don't even know where I'm getting at :lol

Neither do I.

The book was a hit, doesn't mean the whole world knew about it, but it was a hit. It made money, it sold copies, critics loved it.

Movie helped it later, but that's now. And the movie is also terrible. :lol

I think the movie is pretty good, pretty well written, and has many smart moments.

Apart from the book which I haven't read I thought it was a great movie.

Btw is the book good?

The book is just what it says on the cover, an oral history of the Zombie war. A documenter goes all over the world talking to people about the Zombie war, how it started, how different nations all over the world dealt with the zombies, and how the war was eventually won.

The book is just what it says on the cover, an oral history of the Zombie war. A documenter goes all over the world talking to people about the Zombie war, how it started, how different nations all over the world dealt with the zombies, and how the war was eventually won.

Sounds really interesting, might buy it and ignore all the bad stuff I've been told about it.

The first chapter is better then the movie. I've only read 3 chapters a year before the film came out.

I hate the movie for being a boring movie. Not because it wasn't close to the book. It failed as a Zombie movie in almost every way, and it wasn't that interesting as a disaster movie either.

I want to believe that the book is better than the movie, like 99% of the time that's the case, there's not a single movie I remember right now that was better than it's literary counterpart.

I on the other hand thought the movie on it's own was pretty good IMO, I think it polished many aspects and details of the Zombie genre and as a disaster movie it just does the job, nothing fancy.

I actually enjoyed the characters very much,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Never read the book, not a zombie fan. Loved this movie. I'm glad you support the literary arts, not many do now-a-days. I'm currently reading Flowers for Algernon - hope they never make it into a movie cause it's depressing.

The first chapter is better then the movie. I've only read 3 chapters a year before the film came out.

I hate the movie for being a boring movie. Not because it wasn't close to the book. It failed as a Zombie movie in almost every way, and it wasn't that interesting as a disaster movie either.

Back