World of Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This announcement should be great news for the 'flippers/scalpers' around here. New customer base for Sideshow that want to acquire some of the long sold out pieces from other lines = big $$ for 'flippers/scalpers' lol.

SSC_Nerd said:
Sadly, like you say, it's not a fact that this line will be a sucess. I hope for the best though. It just upsets me on these boards that many people are totally just giving this line crap, saying it has no potential, and saying it won't suceed in a million years. Now that's a bad attitude.

I'm sure with as many people that play it the line will do well enough. I'm not buying but knowing SS they'll be the best WOW stuff out there. I'm not saying the line will bomb and hope nobody got that impression. That would be wrong to just assume the line will bomb and that it has no potential because I'm sure the reaction was the same when the LOTR stuff came out or SW stuff came out back in 77. It's a horrible attitude to just say that the line will fail and as a SS freak a really ****ty thing to say. I just don't think in the end the this line was really the type of line you do the whole big build up on.

galactiboy said:
I wonder if this announcement and subsequent product will get a lot of gamers to joing the Freaks board? I know a lot of people were a bit annoyed by an influx of SW fans... I could imagine a similar reaction to gamers... especially from some of whats already been posted.

I just hope we get some good folks joining the board. Gamer fans can be even worse than the worse SW fan. As long as the folks that join can handle themselves and be adult. I welcome WOW fans to this board with open arms but I hope we get the ones that know how to act and behave.

I think it is interesting that Sideshow is branching out into computer/video games. I think that toys/collectibles have always been a bit lackluster in this area, and while I've never played warcraft, I would gladly be dragged through a mile of broken glass to get a Sideshow or Hot Toys caliber Master Chief 1/6 scale figure. Mario, Metroid, and Zelda too! More of a console nerd.

The main reason I don't play on Xbox Live as much as I otherwise would is that I get tired of 11 year old punk kids who think they need to use the F word at least seven times per sentence, in between other words like "OWNED!!!" Hope we don't get too many of those on the board.

Mr%20Old%20Fart_350.jpg

tomandshell said:
The main reason I don't play on Xbox Live as much as I otherwise would is that I get tired of 11 year old punk kids who think they need to use the F word at least seven times per sentence, in between other words like "OWNED!!!" Hope we don't get too many of those on the board.

Mr%20Old%20Fart_350.jpg

Amen to that brother..

congerking said:
On a side note, look how ridiciously complicated your screen is when you play WoW....
WoW-Lakeshire.png

That's nothing, try it with your raid interface, main tank targets, damage meters, threatmeter, spelltimer bar and so on.......

Heres more of an idea:

timer_shot.jpg

Aside from being very upset that Sideshow didn't consult me personally on what license "I" wanted them to acquire next, I'm opposed to this (Warcraft) for a couple reasons...

a.) Warcraft takes too many resources from Blizzard from where they should be, developing Diablo III. :rock

b.) Warcraft takes too many resources from Sideshow from where they should be, developing Lord of the Rings figures. :rock

diablodf4.jpg

Actually, I think it's a good move by Sideshow (even though a better move would have been announcing a PF Selene!!! :drool ). They're branching out and expanding their collectibles empire. You can't just cater to Star Wars and LotR collectors.

Sir Tristram said:
....Um..."rights owners"?
You mean....Lucas Film Limited? The one(s) who own Star Wars...They won't budge?

I highly doubt that LFL is not budging on Indy. They are most likely, as you said, waiting to see how Indy 4 progresses.
Master Replicas already has the license for Indy props and was told not to release anything until Indy 4 becomes a reality. Now, if that does not happen, I do not think that LFL would yank the license or whatever agreement they have - back from companies that already have it...

It's funny that Sideshow would have trouble getting it...after their stellar career in the field...and Cinemaquette has it! :rolleyes:

Look...I don't have the EXACT quote but Sideshow has stated during several chats that the Indy License has some red tape attached even though it's part of "Lucas Films". I'm sure Sideshow isn't holding back on Indy because their trying to torture us or think we don't want Indy. Maybe it's because MR and Cinemaquette have the license that Sideshow doesn't. I'm just going by what I've heard, your simply speculating.

Kookie said:
Look...I don't have the EXACT quote but Sideshow has stated during several chats that the Indy License has some red tape attached even though it's part of "Lucas Films". I'm sure Sideshow isn't holding back on Indy because their trying to torture us or think we don't want Indy. Maybe it's because MR and Cinemaquette have the license that Sideshow doesn't. I'm just going by what I've heard, your simply speculating.

Fact is, I'm sure Sideshow would love to churn out Indy merchandise as fast as they could. Lucas Film is a bunch of money lovers, so we won't see them for a while. Ya gotta think like George Lucas. "Hmmm... when would be the best time to let people have Indy merchadise so that I can make the most money. Ahh, when the next movie comes out!" If you remember, Sideshow started putting out Star Wars stuff during the highest hype of Episode III. If ya put out Indy merchandise when there is no word of the movie, sales will be down a bit. If ya wait until the movie is hyped up to heaven, merchandise will sell VERY well. I'm not totally sure how Cinamaquette got the license for Indy. Maybe it doesn't even matter when that company gets the license since they aren't exactly a HUGE collectible name. Now, Sideshow is a bigger name these days, and steadily growing. Since a lot of people watch upon Sideshow, the merchandising will start when the DEMAND is the absolute highest. Sadly, it's gonna be a while I think. Still, the sooner the better.:D

Also, there is no way of knowing if Sideshow doesn't in fact HAVE the license yet. LF may just be making them sit on it and shut their mouthes.

I'm not into Warcraft, but I think gaming collectibles is a great idea. Perhaps they'll make a 12" Hitman or Lara Croft or... who knows?

I try to avoid gaming on my computer or I'd never eat or sleep again. I spend way too much time on this damn site as it is. :D

I find these comments about WoW and people who play it particularly ironic considering what kind of site this is.

One of Blizzard's strengths has always been art, and I think whatever SS ends up doing (please be statues) will kick some serious butt.

WoW is almost up to 8 million players, and it's not just kids. It's people of all ages and backgrounds. The fact that you crazies aren't interested just makes it easier (and cheaper) for the WoW fans to get them which is a good thing.

However I foresee many of you jumping on the bandwagon anyway.

adamk said:
I find these comments about WoW and people who play it particularly ironic considering what kind of site this is.

Yeah, it is funny. I mean we're all geeks/nerds/dorks/etc. here because of what we collect and how much of it we collect. That's fine with me because I'm accepting of the fact that I'm a geek. I love it and embrace it.

I was talking with a couple of folks today at Best Buy who when I was in the video game section where looking at WOW. I asked them about the fact SS had just announced this license and would be making statues and other items based on the game.

I asked them how successful they thought the line would be. They said it would be HUGE and the told me about all the groups and the some of the stuff people who play it here had said. So I based on that this line will do well enough. Which is good. I want these fans to get a great products and I want SS to be successful on this line because I wouldn't mind seeing Halo stuff or GOW stuff.

I think some of the reaction has been a bit harsh and a tad bit of a knee jerk reaction. Do I think it should have been a license they lead into with the counter. No, I don't. However, I don't think the line will be a failure and would never say so.

Fritz said:
Aside from being very upset that Sideshow didn't consult me personally on what license "I" wanted them to acquire next, I'm opposed to this (Warcraft) for a couple reasons...

a.) Warcraft takes too many resources from Blizzard from where they should be, developing Diablo III. :rock

b.) Warcraft takes too many resources from Sideshow from where they should be, developing Lord of the Rings figures. :rock

Actually, I think it's a good move by Sideshow (even though a better move would have been announcing a PF Selene!!! :drool ). They're branching out and expanding their collectibles empire. You can't just cater to Star Wars and LotR collectors.
There you go, I always felt Diablo had a much better design then Warcraft, it's been awhile but I remember it being far less exaggerated and darker.
The one thing that might put off the casual non-Warcraft playing buyer is the exaggerated slightly cartoony art style of Warcraft.

Back