World of Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TOE said:
check this out:

Making of Illidan

https://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?...&MyToken=a573da78-4b3a-49cf-bd17-e6ec627e7238

DSC01654.jpg
Thats ****ing Sick!!!!!!!!!!!:rock

Dude, that looks amazing. I'm happy about my order.

I'm guessing they didn't want to make an edition size until painted pics were up. Who knows, maybe they were counting in it that it would sell much more when done. Personally I think it will. Looks... too good.

OMG- it looks great but I can't see it making it to my house in one piece. Probably one of the most fragile looking things I have ever seen.

Does anyone else find it curious that every picture says "NOT FINAL PAINT" on it...makes me worry a bit that this is a production sample and the final product shipping to customers will suffer from mass production problems with sloppy paint apps.

Geb

OMG- it looks great but I can't see it making it to my house in one piece. Probably one of the most fragile looking things I have ever seen.

sideshow's interior packaging from the manufacturer is about the best i've seen. they really put a lot of thought into getting the item shipped to the u.s. with a minimal amount of breakage. now if sideshow's warehouse would use some damn bubble wrap and fill in the voids, there would be a way greater chance of it getting to you in one piece. they're only hurting themselves with this silly behavior. :lol

Last edited:
Great paint up Sideshow :rock

greater than great. FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!! i am thinking this may be the next grail, even before darkness. i was reading the posts at the beginning of the thread and most were actually pissed that ss announced the wow license. those same peeps will be kicking themselves for not ordering this one.

sideshow's interior packaging from the manufacturer is about the best i've seen. they really put a lot of thought into getting the item shipped to the u.s. with a minimal amount of breakage. now if sideshow's warehouse would use some damn bubble wrap and fill in the voids, there would be a way greater chance of it getting to you in one piece. they're only hurting themselves with this silly behavior. :lol

Here's my issue, most of the damage happens at the factory level in my opinion. From all of the items I have received only a few were damaged in transit- the rest were "incidents" in the factory I presume. For example, my Spidey Vs. Venom came to me with a finger glued on. The more fragile a piece is the worst it will come out. Wait and see. A lot of people will either be reporting missing pieces that are not in the box or parts that have been reglued poorly.

I really don't believe this will become a grail. That term is really being thrown around too easily these days. Yes, WoW has a huge following but I don't see it as lasting. Video game franchises have a tendency to die and fade away...unless you are talking about Mario.

I see a beautiful statue here but I also see a statue that most can live without easily. If the ES is low than a grail it will become but have you noticed Sideshow pumping up the ES in almost every single line? So this scenario is not likely. I would like to close with the Captain America PF. It's been out for months and a ton of people thought it was going to be the next grail. With the popularity of the character it really wouldn't have surprised me if this became reality but alas, grail predicting is as useful as peeing in the wind. :lol:lol

Does anyone else find it curious that every picture says "NOT FINAL PAINT" on it...makes me worry a bit that this is a production sample and the final product shipping to customers will suffer from mass production problems with sloppy paint apps.

Geb

This is only because we have some minor color tweaks to make on the product, as well as make the weapons slightly translucent. It's looks great now, but will look super great when done!

As for the netherwhelp having "not final product" on his images- we are adding a little black base, to match the one on the bigger diorama.

This is only because we have some minor color tweaks to make on the product, as well as make the weapons slightly translucent. It's looks great now, but will look super great when done!

As for the netherwhelp having "not final product" on his images- we are adding a little black base, to match the one on the bigger diorama.

IF they're slightly translucent, I guess that means that parts of the weapons will be plastic. I think that will be an awesome effect, especially with that hammer. Excellent job so far, and I can't wait to see any more WoW products.

I know he's probably in no way a really popular character at all, but I want the Prophet Skeram (big bug in the pic) more than any other WoW character. I don't know if Sideshow would go for it since they'll be pretty much selling the line with the first few pieces yet. Pesonally, I'd prefer if the statues they do from now on are actually main characters from the game, instead of general race characters. People like Arthas and stuff.

skeram.jpg

I really don't believe this will become a grail. That term is really being thrown around too easily these days. Yes, WoW has a huge following but I don't see it as lasting.

at the risk of offending some, predicting a grail is merely board banter and should in no way be taken seriously, unless you want to. :D

Back