Work slowdown at Port of Long Beach means "no collectibles for you!"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave's garage:

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_end.jpg

DD owns the original Ark of the Covenant?!.. now that's what I call collecting! :bow

I hope these $41 an hour baggage handlers get back to work. I know college graduates that only get $15 an hour, so what are they complaining about. Are the boxes getting too heavy for these knuckle-heads.

I hope these $41 an hour baggage handlers get back to work. I know college graduates that only get $15 an hour, so what are they complaining about. Are the boxes getting too heavy for these knuckle-heads.

You pay college graduates?! In the UK we have something called Internships where the graduates' parents pay for them to work, doesn't cost the employer anything.. as for employing locals..hah!.. we can get Eastern Europeans to work for a fraction of the cost and if they complain, we get illegal immigrants to work for even less.

Quite frankly anyone who is not a multimillionaire, is lucky not be hunted with dogs.. I didn't get where I am today by abolishing Workhouses for the proles.

The union is going to lose, everyone will receive their toys. The losses will be translated into higher prices for consumers in the future /thread.

How about this- is there any news re the strike? Are any discussions planned? Is there a plan in place if an agreement can't be reached?

This delay may be affecting a lot businesses. Something will surely be reached soon.

Personally, I would just fire everyone and hire those who want/need to work.

Some people just dont know how good they have it until its gone.

How about this- is there any news re the strike? Are any discussions planned? Is there a plan in place if an agreement can't be reached?

Not much for news as far as I've seen/heard/read. If I'm not mistaken, I believe a federal mediator is getting involved, which will aid in progress but won't be an immediate solution. It's happened in the past as well.

This delay may be affecting a lot businesses. Something will surely be reached soon.

Personally, I would just fire everyone and hire those who want/need to work.

Some people just dont know how good they have it until its gone.

That's what Reagan did in 1981 during the Air Traffic Controller union strike. Gave the workers 48 hours to get back to work and then fired those that didn't.

I think majority of the labor workers want to go back to work. I think there is still some confusion over who this strike is impacting

Not much for news as far as I've seen/heard/read. If I'm not mistaken, I believe a federal mediator is getting involved, which will aid in progress but won't be an immediate solution. It's happened in the past as well.

That's what Reagan did in 1981 during the Air Traffic Controller union strike. Gave the workers 48 hours to get back to work and then fired those that didn't.

I've got a friend that was one of the Air Traffic Controllers that got fired during that strike. If he'd gone to work he would have been able to retire with a fat pension. Instead he's got nothing.

Was charged for Gipsy Danger back on Dec 23rd, got the letter Dec 31st....still waiting :(

..because having the Government force you to do what it says or you lose your job, is such a great idea.

Well it actually is when it is causing problems for many many people, especially when the strikers are making $40+ an hour in 2002, probably a lot more now. If everyone from every profession strike and are demanding ridiculous expectations then there would be anarchy. No police, no emergency services, no grocery stores, no banks..... So yeah the government stepping in would be for the best, especially considering the same workers have been doing this thing for the last few years.

Back