Work slowdown at Port of Long Beach means "no collectibles for you!"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of you got this email, maybe multiple times from customer service at Sideshow:

I’m writing today about an issue that Sideshow has encountered that will delay the delivery of your item. Sideshow receives all of our items from China via containers shipped into the Port of Long Beach. These containers are then trucked to Sideshow’s warehouse where they are shipped out to our collectors. Unfortunately, the Port of Long Beach is experiencing serious delays due to a work slowdown caused by dock workers looking to influence contract negotiations.

Currently, Sideshow has more than twelve containers of product stuck at the port. Your Batman figure is in one of them and unfortunately we are not being told when the containers are going to be released.

We appreciate your patience as we wait for the port to expedite container movement and make deliveries.

Here's a couple of articles about the strike:

New signs of labor strife at Southern California ports

West Coast Port Strike Continues Into 2015

Items we know to be on extended sea voyage:
1:6 Capt. Rex
Poison Ivy PF (green)
Superman 1:6
Keaton Batman PF
Snake Plissken 1:6
Wonder Woman PF
Sinestro PF
Saruman PF
Catwoman PF
Igor
Maleficent
R2-D2

Tauntaun
Bomb Squad Clone Trooper
Starboost Iron Man
Strike Suit Captain America
Star-Lord
Incredible Hulk PF

Last edited:
People fighting for fair wages is more important than my toy statue.

Cheers

Is that picture legit? Holy crap

I remember when Jerry at SOTA said the first shipment of their Street Fighter figures was on a container that fell off the boat. Either that or the Thousand Island retailer that was offering them for far below retail told everyone that. . . I don't remember the specifics anymore.

I am hoping a representative from SSC can shed some light on exactly what products are being directly affected now (basically what the heck is in those 12 containers).

1/6 Captain Rex II is one of them.

I'm guessing everything gets pushed back for months for at least the first half of 2015. :/

I remember when Jerry at SOTA said the first shipment of their Street Fighter figures was on a container that fell off the boat. Either that or the Thousand Island retailer that was offering them for far below retail told everyone that. . . I don't remember the specifics anymore.

Those were fun figures.

Are those containers water tight? Those twelve containers were on the Rena right?
All them toys would be waterlogged.

As I understand it, this conflict has been ongoing since 2010, and has nothing to do with wages (or safety, as another kneejerk posted elsewhere). ILWU is protesting new efficiency standards that would make future union jobs obsolete. Someone needs to explain to them that they don't actually own their jobs; just their labor. Perhaps they should take it elsewhere...

Back