Reward Point Delays

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitestar

Freakalicious
Reaction score
You know, I've been a Sideshow customer since 2008 with the incentive to purchase there instead of other places like BBTS or CSC to accumulate my reward points to coincide with purchasing specific big ticket items. Unfortunately, constant delays with many Flexpay items in the very last payment cycle of Flex Pay end up pushing redemption of the reward points back, in some cases, several months more.

For example in just the past few months. Vader was late. C-3PO was late. Ben Kenobi was late. Leia and Luke are late. Batman Returns/Bruce Wayne set is late.

Last year? Han and Chewbacca, Marty McFly... there were others but I can't see which ones from my orders since once delivered, the Flexpay schedules disappear from my account information.

I wanted to put my points towards the new Hot Toys DeLorean that's finally arriving this February, but of course I can't use the reward points "pending" because of items arriving late delaying final Flexpay payments which then offset the redemption of the reward points.

I know these delays have to do with Hot Toys manufacturing schedules getting backed up, but it would really foster some good will with those of us who loyally purchase from you, not to delay reward point because of problems on your supplier's end when you usually have 80% of our money in prepayment. Management should consider posting the reward points with one FlexPay left for delayed items to customer accounts when they are originally scheduled. We're still waiting thirty days for them to post normally so all you're doing is releasing them when we expected based on the payment plans we opted in to. To say you can't do this because some customers could cancel an order they've gotten points for doesn't hold water... our Flexpay pre-payments carry cancellation fees so you're still earning on something you'll still sell to other customers.

When an item arrives early, as one did last year, you guys were going to automatically billed me early despite the fact it wasn't how I structured my FlexPay to go with my financial planning (as this is not a cheap hobby). This made me feel like it's all about when you guys want to cash out, not considering what might actually serve the customers interests. Thankfully I contacted your rep and asked them to stay to my plan, which I think many of us structure with our budgets and long term schedules (i.e. planning to use points on something specific, which we now can't because of the final payment delays related to late inventory).

How about it Sideshow? Show some love for those of dropping $200 to $350+ a month in advance Flexpays for the past five years by not penalizing when we can apply our rewards because of delays out of our control?

Thanks for your consideration I look forward to hearing how you guys see it.

I see where you're coming from but earning RPs from delayed items, before they've shipped, seems a highly unlikely scenario.
We all know a high percentage of their products are delayed.

Wouldn't you be better putting your money into a savings account instead of Flexing?

Also, what if your item has issues and you need to return/refund?
That's why there is a 30 delay.

Last edited:
Yea have to wait 40 days after item ships. If you still haven't got rewards after that, contact SS and they will unstick it.

Today I got 6 same emails about my reward points. It just tells me how much I have. Is there a virus going around? Why 6 of the same emails all at once?

I wasn't aware a high percentage of their items shipped late until this past 6 months when it seemed to be happening way too frequent.

Does Sideshow respond to questions here?

Yes I'm aware of that, it's what I'm making a point about. Their delays shipping products on time delay the final Flexpay collections and offset reward point posting even longer.

That's not our fault.

Yea have to wait 40 days after item ships. If you still haven't got rewards after that, contact SS and they will unstick it.

Today I got 6 same emails about my reward points. It just tells me how much I have. Is there a virus going around? Why 6 of the same emails all at once?

I received 5 emails. The total was a month out of date, as though they sent last month's statement by mistake.

I've had issues with some items, most notably a dual pack "Captain America: Winter Soldier" Cap/Steve Rogers set, where the box was dinged and had an edge crease, to have Sideshow respond I had to pay a different tier to insure I was getting something carefully inspected sent to me with a perfect outer box. At the price these things go for, shouldn't they be making sure to ship pristine stuff to begin with? Didn't bother going through the hassle of arguing to return it being told it would cost me more.

That's kind of besides the point though. No, putting my money into a savings account isn't always ideal, because an item can sell out. FlexPay allows me to incrementally pay for the item and make sure I get it when it's supposed to arrive.

I see where you're coming from but earning RPs from delayed items, before they've shipped, seems a highly unlikely scenario.
We all know a high percentage of their products are delayed.

Wouldn't you be better putting your money into a savings account instead of Flexing?

Also, what if your item has issues and you need to return/refund?
That's why there is a 30 delay.

Shipping estimates are estimates. No guarantee implied whatsoever.

Reward points are awarded based on completed sales, which is why you have to wait until after the 30-day return window closes to receive them.

So, no. You're not being penalized by not getting your points before you've paid for them.

Yup, just deleted them as usual.

Shipping estimates are estimates. No guarantee implied whatsoever.

Reward points are awarded based on completed sales, which is why you have to wait until after the 30-day return window closes to receive them.

So, no. You're not being penalized by not getting your points before you've paid for them.

:lecture

You know, I've been a Sideshow customer since 2008 with the incentive to purchase there instead of other places like BBTS or CSC to accumulate my reward points to coincide with purchasing specific big ticket items. Unfortunately, constant delays with many Flexpay items in the very last payment cycle of Flex Pay end up pushing redemption of the reward points back, in some cases, several months more.

For example in just the past few months. Vader was late. C-3PO was late. Ben Kenobi was late. Leia and Luke are late. Batman Returns/Bruce Wayne set is late.

Last year? Han and Chewbacca, Marty McFly... there were others but I can't see which ones from my orders since once delivered, the Flexpay schedules disappear from my account information.

I wanted to put my points towards the new Hot Toys DeLorean that's finally arriving this February, but of course I can't use the reward points "pending" because of items arriving late delaying final Flexpay payments which then offset the redemption of the reward points.

I know these delays have to do with Hot Toys manufacturing schedules getting backed up, but it would really foster some good will with those of us who loyally purchase from you, not to delay reward point because of problems on your supplier's end when you usually have 80% of our money in prepayment. Management should consider posting the reward points with one FlexPay left for delayed items to customer accounts when they are originally scheduled. We're still waiting thirty days for them to post normally so all you're doing is releasing them when we expected based on the payment plans we opted in to. To say you can't do this because some customers could cancel an order they've gotten points for doesn't hold water... our Flexpay pre-payments carry cancellation fees so you're still earning on something you'll still sell to other customers.

When an item arrives early, as one did last year, you guys were going to automatically billed me early despite the fact it wasn't how I structured my FlexPay to go with my financial planning (as this is not a cheap hobby). This made me feel like it's all about when you guys want to cash out, not considering what might actually serve the customers interests. Thankfully I contacted your rep and asked them to stay to my plan, which I think many of us structure with our budgets and long term schedules (i.e. planning to use points on something specific, which we now can't because of the final payment delays related to late inventory).

How about it Sideshow? Show some love for those of dropping $200 to $350+ a month in advance Flexpays for the past five years by not penalizing when we can apply our rewards because of delays out of our control?

Thanks for your consideration I look forward to hearing how you guys see it.

I see your point but what do you expect when you do something like Flex pay, we all know that when you have something to give you more time to pay it always isn't easy unless you use PayPal credit.

The bottom line SSC is like any other vendor, they want their money first. Of course they will be polite and give you time to pay in payments but the catch is you have to wait longer as opposed to somebody just ordering a high priced order and paying it off right there on the spot.

You have to understand when you agree to something like flex pay it's a contract with them and unless you agree to pay it off one time you kind of end up on the bottom of the food chain because they know they don't have the full payment yet. So it could drag on until they get their money.

It's sad but true. Why should you be special and make payments to them especially using reward points where you don't even use your own money as opposed to a collector that places an order for a $200 plus item and gives them a credit card or PayPal right on the spot to pay in full.

They know they got their money right away so as far as SSC is concerned that person paid off the item, when it comes in stock, all they have to do is charge that person and they got their money. All they have to do is ship it out. So of course they put that customer as a priority before people who are stretching payments with them.

My advice is just be patient. I almost guarantee that SSC would treat you much differently if you were able to give them the full payment of whatever high priced item you ordered when you placed the order.

Otherwise you kind of have to stick by their rules if you want to do payments

I received 5 emails. The total was a month out of date, as though they sent last month's statement by mistake.

I deleted all of them yesterday and got 6 more of the same reward point emails this morning???? So for the inconvience I think whoever keeps getting 5 to 7 emails over and over again should get all those reward points. :)

I'm confused by your post Guyver.

SS don't take full payment at time of pre-order, they take a deposit.
By the time an item is ready to ship they will hold more money from Flex Payments than the full payers who only dropped a 10% deposit.

Anyway, regardless they're not giving anyone Rewards until full payment has been made, you have received your item and had 30/40 days to nake sure there are no issues.

I got 12 emails, with most coming at random intervals. The hell?

Back