WOOT! DADDY ROG IS HERE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daelith

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I don't get excited often, but with prices dropping and everything, I finally got a chance to get the Daddy 'Rog. I had to give up a Merry bust, Elven helm, Ugluk, and probably quite a few more items, but man oh man am I happy! *wipes a tear from his eyes*
balrog1.jpg

balrog2.jpg

Yea, I know the whip is droopy, but I remembered one of the board member's advice to heat up the whip before I attach it, lest I break it--worked like a charm =)

congrats on this beauty of a beast.

always look up to those who don't mind forking out so much for a statue. great purchase! :banana

Congratulations!

I just got mine two weeks ago - together with a Witchking AP and a second Cave Troll, was a very big event for me :banana

When I started collecting these statues, I'd never would have thought about forking out so much money for a piece of Polystone, but I guess you all know how it goes...:D

Another Cave Troll? Holy cow...how much did that set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

Grats!:banana

For me the Balrog is the only weta-grail!

Must try to get one :naughty

Congrats!! Getting the Daddy Rog is a nice event for us that missed out at the start of the line. It's a dam cool piece!

daelith said:
Another Cave Troll? Holy cow...how much did that set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

I got them for list price, $ 750 for the 3 of them (Balrog, Cave Troll, Witchking). It is tough to get them for lower than that here in Switzerland.

Did you get a discount on yours?

Just kidding, of course :D

It is even harder to find something here. Not a single shop that would stock Sideshow / Weta and probably only about 50 collectors in the whole country - if that many, I only know of about 7...

I paid a lot for these 3 pieces, but I can't mention a price here, my girlfriend may read this post...:D

Nice piece, but way overpriced for what you get in the end. I personally prefer the baby rog. But if you are happy.... :) Hope you didn't pay $1500-$2000 for it :horror
It will proabaly drop to $500 when the new PF 1/4 line comes out :peace

Anakin said:
Nice piece, but way overpriced for what you get in the end.

Guess that depends on if you felt it was worth it now don't ya think?:rolleyes:

Anakin said:
But if you are happy.... :)

There ya go! Now, your clued in.:D

Anakin said:

Not a chance in hell of that happening.

jlcmsu said:
Guess that depends on if you felt it was worth it now don't ya think?:rolleyes:

Duh! :rolleyes:

jlcmsu said:
Not a chance in hell of that happening.

Do you have a magic ball now? :rolleyes:

Wait and see. Every single Weta LOTR have been coming down in price. This one will be no exception, principally when the ULTIMATE and DEFINITIVE PF 1/4 LOTR line comes out with much better prices and much better quality :banana :banana :banana

Anakin said:
Do you have a magic ball now? :rolleyes:

Yup, just picked one up at K-Mart on a blue light special. :wacky

Anakin said:
Wait and see. Every single Weta LOTR have been coming down in price. This one will be no exception, principally when the ULTIMATE and DEFINITIVE PF 1/4 LOTR line comes out with much better prices and much better quality :banana :banana :banana

Yeah, they are coming down but nothing that drastic when you figure in their are no new movies or dvd's. However, if you think the Original Rog with only 1k pieces in existance is gonna drop basically 2k dollars you don't know the market on these. If anything I believe the 1/4 PF LOTR figures will actually help the 1/6th by getting more people into these that see the 1/6th and want stuff that is not only well done, but done by the folks that worked on the movies.

Trust me on this. If Daddy Rog ever dropped down to even $1k in price, I'll buy more of him! It will not get to a point that it sells for $500 because he's that much in demand. The only reason I see a change of hands is by those people who either have a special need to get the cash for them, or because their interest in the line has waned. But trust me, either of the situations are far and few and will help secure them to end up with the true die-hard collectors. Just take Josh as an example! You probably won't wring his Daddy Rog from him if it were the last thing he'd have!

Do u have one,i will get it from your now for $500:naughty ,no need to wait till PF 1/4 line comes out :peace

Anakin said:
Nice piece, but way overpriced for what you get in the end. I personally prefer the baby rog. But if you are happy.... :) Hope you didn't pay $1500-$2000 for it :horror

Anakin said:
Nice piece, but way overpriced for what you get in the end. I personally prefer the baby rog. But if you are happy.... :) Hope you didn't pay $1500-$2000 for it :horror It will proabaly drop to $500 when the new PF 1/4 line comes out :peace

I paid about $1575 for it with shipping, but I wouldn't worry about the price...I also sold quite a few lotr collectibles, the proceeds with which I used to put a down payment on a 2nd house...AND I still have quite a cargo load of LOTR collectibles left ;)

Bear in mind that as a collector, I HATE selling my stuff, so generally I only sell when I feel it's really really worth it. Now I could be wrong with the Balrog, but I fully expect him to reach the 5k mark, which isn't too improbable when you think that one recently sold for 2.5k.

As for the PF format, I don't make it a habit to make predictions without knowing more information and seeing pics, but I'll tell you this, I doubt most people who can afford a $300 retail or $2000 ebay statue will feel the need to raise money to purchase the 1/4 line.

laptop.jpg

Last edited:
Back