Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha no its not like that dude. Someone else chirp in if I'm wrong but wasn't there talk about SS doing away with exclusives altogether at one point toward the end of last year? I swear it was talked about, recieved really bad feedback, and then just dissapeared never to be heard of again?
Lol I'm just ****ing around. I should've just for the joke

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I loved this when I first seen it but now with the pics from SDCC this looks absolutely amazing and IMO one of the best SS pieces on the horizon. So much going right for it.

I think you're right. From a business perspective, it doesn't really make sense to make one version of a statue much, much better than another version when you're charging the same price for both. I definitely think international collectors are part of the reason, but not the sole reason; it's also very likely about their retail network, expanding the market to new collectors, and minimizing the presence of the secondary market. Putting out a vastly inferior, or just incomplete version of a product hurts all of these areas for reasons that are self-explanatory.

Collectors greatly overvalue EXs as well; it's their prerogative to do so of course, but it's also kinda funny, and this is coming from someone who orders everything directly from Sideshow. All things (price) being equal, sure, the EX is a no-brainer; but I've rarely seen an EX that, IMO, is worth a $200+ dollar premium, and I think collectors paying those prices do it just to say they have the EX and to tell themselves that'll it'll be easier to sell later, even though they've already bought at a higher price point and will have to try to force the price even higher to make money, should they decide to sell. And one of the ironic things about long sold-out pieces is that you'll tend to see exclusives surface MORE, because the perceived extra liquidity that comes with the EX makes collectors more enticed to move their EXs to generate cash. And habitual flippers gravitate toward the EX naturally, whereas many collectors who "settle" for regulars do so with the perspective that they'd better be buying "for keeps", so they end up staying in collections longer. It's an interesting phenomenon.

Some great knowledge dropped here COI. Very interesting and accurate thoughts IMO. It's is quite mind boggling how deep Sideshow's thought process for marketing their products the most efficient way to all channels and markets must be. Very good post

I think you're right. From a business perspective, it doesn't really make sense to make one version of a statue much, much better than another version when you're charging the same price for both. I definitely think international collectors are part of the reason, but not the sole reason; it's also very likely about their retail network, expanding the market to new collectors, and minimizing the presence of the secondary market. Putting out a vastly inferior, or just incomplete version of a product hurts all of these areas for reasons that are self-explanatory.

Collectors greatly overvalue EXs as well; it's their prerogative to do so of course, but it's also kinda funny, and this is coming from someone who orders everything directly from Sideshow. All things (price) being equal, sure, the EX is a no-brainer; but I've rarely seen an EX that, IMO, is worth a $200+ dollar premium, and I think collectors paying those prices do it just to say they have the EX and to tell themselves that'll it'll be easier to sell later, even though they've already bought at a higher price point and will have to try to force the price even higher to make money, should they decide to sell. And one of the ironic things about long sold-out pieces is that you'll tend to see exclusives surface MORE, because the perceived extra liquidity that comes with the EX makes collectors more enticed to move their EXs to generate cash. And habitual flippers gravitate toward the EX naturally, whereas many collectors who "settle" for regulars do so with the perspective that they'd better be buying "for keeps", so they end up staying in collections longer. It's an interesting phenomenon.

Yeah all that is right on.

And $200+ Just for an EX hasn't suckered me in on a piece yet but it has come close.

So you don't buy EXs even though its the same price and you're stateside?

Sounds like he doesn't buy anything over $200 yet he is here :dunno or maybe I missed the context of the post.

To COI; maybe a little over thought, just a little. A piece's worth/value is what someone is willing to pay for it. SSC PF's are all over ebay for double within a short amount of time, its crazy and those prices I would never pay.

The no. Exc does benefit into collectors such as me. Helps save us 30-35% at leastoff the cost for just a little exc parts. I use to go after exc, but not anymore. Just too pricey :)

Hey hey, we are collectors as well :rotfl
Peace peace
Lol just a joke brah. I said as much to Tavegg too Lol. I'm an international guy too. Just a little closer to the States than the rest of you

Yup. She definitely looks like Cobie. No wonder I am so attached to this!

cobie_smulders.jpg

Maybe. We can't always count on SSC's inventory numbers to be accurate. :lol
Lol yeah but maybe it's legit this time. We'll see
It's been up long enough to be headed to sold out territory. But with such a large areas, WL will convert with ease. Just curious if this will actually ship in Oct.
You have a good point. If it was going to sell out now would be a better time than any

Back