Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Oh Josh perfect guy. So i was in the Red Sonja thread and someone mentioned a black chainmail variant. Is there anyway you'd be able to 'shop that for us bro? I don't know anyone as awesome as you with the digital skills

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

That would be yours truly!

Dan showed the picture, I mentioned it as a possibility.

here was the pic:

RedSonjaVarient.jpg

Sexy, right?

Lol. Oh Josh perfect guy. So i was in the Red Sonja thread and someone mentioned a black chainmail variant. Is there anyway you'd be able to 'shop that for us bro? I don't know anyone as awesome as you with the digital skills

Don't know about that, you're doing pretty good at the digital ass kissing.

Also to have quicker orders as well as an award for those early birds. Before exclusives were more in price for the extra bonuses.

I don't think the decreased the ex prices though, they increased the price for the regs.:lecture:(

I don't think the decreased the ex prices though, they increased the price for the regs.:lecture:(

Now that is how they are. Usually the exclusives were more. Essentially the annual inflation has given them enough profits to give coh or other accessories, without making an exclusive more. Also consider some items now aren't a ton. Like Black Widow Comic version was a small knife. Things like Red Sonja and Wonder Woman have huge accessories that can definitely be costly.

Btw the last few sentences were for jpuli :lol

Just a extra incentive to buy from them instead of another retailer.

Also to have quicker orders as well as an award for those early birds. Before exclusives were more in price for the extra bonuses.

Now that is how they are. Usually the exclusives were more. Essentially the annual inflation has given them enough profits to give coh or other accessories, without making an exclusive more. Also consider some items now aren't a ton. Like Black Widow Comic version was a small knife. Things like Red Sonja and Wonder Woman have huge accessories that can definitely be costly.

Btw the last few sentences were for jpuli :lol

Yeah I guess it depends on how one could look at it. A great bargain for the EX or a rip for the RE. Personally I don't like to settle for RE, I typically consider potential resale value in the years to come.

Yeah I guess it depends on how one could look at it. A great bargain for the EX or a rip for the RE. Personally I don't like to settle for RE, I typically consider potential resale value in the years to come.

I thought the same way. Trust me, avoid that mentality. Get what you know you like, and will always want to keep until you desperately need to sell. Don't make the mistake of just thinking about resale.

Some of the exclusives are just a waste. Usually a whole new head sculpt or a whole new weapon is a good exclusive but some of them are downright lazy.

Some of the exclusives are just a waste. Usually a whole new head sculpt or a whole new weapon is a good exclusive but some of them are downright lazy.

Again, Black Widow comes to mind :lol

IGO got pretty pissed when people were bashing exclusives.

Things like Catwoman already have CoH even on a reg, prove that SSC need to step up the exclusive game IMO.

I thought the same way. Trust me, avoid that mentality. Get what you know you like, and will always want to keep until you desperately need to sell. Don't make the mistake of just thinking about resale.

He didn't say he bought stuff thinking about just resale. He said that he considers resale value when making a purchase. Though I never like to think that I will resell a piece, it happens, so I do the same thing. An EX will always be worth more than a REG. Even if it's a weak EX, it will ALWAYS be worth more....regardless. So, unless you are overseas where the taxes and import fees really slam you, buying the EX is pretty much a no brainer.

I don't think exclusives exist anymore and SS has good reason. Here's my theory at least.... Just a thought nothing that can be verified. I think SS did away with the idea of having a solid exclusive because of international collectors. Not always the case as there are still a few examples where this isn't the case (Red Skull PF)

Think about it like this. Most international collectors would rather settle for the reg as they don't want to pay crazy import fees and rightfully so. If everything SS produced had a sick ex the regs wouldn't sell nearly as much as they do. International collectors would buy less as to get the ex they would have to go directly thru ss vs going with a local shop. For the prices these international shops sell regs for they have to be buying them at a discount to sell at retail price or close to. If SS includes a stupid knife or a sword or an art print. Basically something insignificant that doesn't really interest 99% of collectors then theres really no point to having to order the ex for an international collector and they aren't left feeling jaded as us lucky Americans buy these ex for straight retail and at lesser shipping costs. I think they make crappy exclusives intentionally. I could really get into more detail but that's a basic summary of why I think exclusives are a thing of the past . Just a thought

I don't think exclusives exist anymore and SS has good reason. Here's my theory at least.... Just a thought nothing that can be verified. I think SS did away with the idea of having a solid exclusive because of international collectors. Not always the case as there are still a few examples where this isn't the case (Red Skull PF)

Think about it like this. Most international collectors would rather settle for the reg as they don't want to pay crazy import fees and rightfully so. If everything SS produced had a sick ex the regs wouldn't sell nearly as much as they do. International collectors would buy less as to get the ex they would have to go directly thru ss vs going with a local shop. For the prices these international shops sell regs for they have to be buying them at a discount to sell at retail price or close to. If SS includes a stupid knife or a sword or an art print. Basically something insignificant that doesn't really interest 99% of collectors then theres really no point to having to order the ex for an international collector and they aren't left feeling jaded as us lucky Americans buy these ex for straight retail and at lesser shipping costs. I think they make crappy exclusives intentionally. I could really get into more detail but that's a basic summary of why I think exclusives are a thing of the past . Just a thought
Solid theory. Now to go start a Hate Thread bashing Int'l collectors

Solid theory. Now to go start a Hate Thread bashing Int'l collectors

Haha no its not like that dude. Someone else chirp in if I'm wrong but wasn't there talk about SS doing away with exclusives altogether at one point toward the end of last year? I swear it was talked about, recieved really bad feedback, and then just dissapeared never to be heard of again?

I think you're right. From a business perspective, it doesn't really make sense to make one version of a statue much, much better than another version when you're charging the same price for both. I definitely think international collectors are part of the reason, but not the sole reason; it's also very likely about their retail network, expanding the market to new collectors, and minimizing the presence of the secondary market. Putting out a vastly inferior, or just incomplete version of a product hurts all of these areas for reasons that are self-explanatory.

Collectors greatly overvalue EXs as well; it's their prerogative to do so of course, but it's also kinda funny, and this is coming from someone who orders everything directly from Sideshow. All things (price) being equal, sure, the EX is a no-brainer; but I've rarely seen an EX that, IMO, is worth a $200+ dollar premium, and I think collectors paying those prices do it just to say they have the EX and to tell themselves that'll it'll be easier to sell later, even though they've already bought at a higher price point and will have to try to force the price even higher to make money, should they decide to sell. And one of the ironic things about long sold-out pieces is that you'll tend to see exclusives surface MORE, because the perceived extra liquidity that comes with the EX makes collectors more enticed to move their EXs to generate cash. And habitual flippers gravitate toward the EX naturally, whereas many collectors who "settle" for regulars do so with the perspective that they'd better be buying "for keeps", so they end up staying in collections longer. It's an interesting phenomenon.

Back