Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I saw that.

Is DK talking about Bono's daughter or Bono's daughter? I don't trust Eve Hewson... I think she might have something extra.

I'M TALKING ABOUT THE ONE WITH A ****ING FUNCTIONAL **** AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tenor.gif

I haven't seen another actress put muscle to play a superhero yet. Maybe the black girl from Thor 3. She looked good.

The MCU actresses never seem to commit physically the way the men do. However outside of superhero movies Rosa Salazar (Alita), Halle Berry (JW3), and Daisy Ridley (TROS) all put in a tremendous amount of training for their respective roles and it really showed on screen. Ridley even did most of her own wire work this time around and based on the "Legacy of the Skywalkers" documentary looks like she even did the TIE fighter flip herself. :thud:

DK is acting weird...
I don't see any of the women he mentioned (with the possible exception of Faora) having half the charm and charisma that Gadot has... besides, Gadot has that exotic/mediterranean quality that works for a Greek goddess.

DK is acting weird...
I don't see any of the women he mentioned (with the possible exception of Faora) having half the charm and charisma that Gadot has... besides, Gadot has that exotic/mediterranean quality that works for a Greek goddess.

I am a South European/Med/Greek. Gadot doesn't have the "Med Charm". Yes, I know that she's Israeli and Med, but it doesn't matter much when she doesn't fit the type. For example, Monica Bellucci is a Med Goddess.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Lucy Lawless gave off that vibe in Xena because she had the "look".

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't see how Gadot's "exotic", or why she should be, considering that she doesn't look like the women from around here.

Spoiler Spoiler:

We're still Euros. EuroMeds aren't the same as MENA Meds. About 3/4s of my family are blonde, blue eyed and some aunts are natural redheads. Hell, my dad's a platinum blonde guy with a gingerstache. Aside from all that, Gadot's problem is that she's neither a great actress, nor does she have an athletic body, so she ends up not being a good choice for WW. At least IMHO. Look at her next to Jon Hamm.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Considering that Hamm is pretty much dead-on for Bruce Wayne, do they really look like Diana and Bruce to you?

Spoiler Spoiler:

At the end of the day, I simply don't see her as WW. My WW is ravenhaired, blue-eyed, beautiful, built and stacked.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's Cape****, and honestly, I just want to see buff, handsome dudes and beautiful gals do the stuff from the comics.

Anyway, different strokes and all. I'm just saying, for me, it continues being poor casting on all grounds, and I don't find her cute, hot or beautiful. I know that she's got that "Model Type", where she's "long and elegant". But there are Models who fit the criteria and yet are still beautiful and "fuller", like Alexina Graham, who's a Victoria's Secret Angel.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back in the day we used to get beauties for even minor roles, but now we have Gadot for literally WONDER Woman, and Kravitz for Catwoman. I'm just disappointed, is all.

Even cheap fan movie got it right lol

giphy.gif

7a52817617d5bc208efc8ad03a279524.jpg

ad860b0d947404366aacd914a67c2e0b.jpg

But Gadot made it work against all odds way more than it had any business being lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I like both. I think Gadot is fine. I like her accent and her charm. It?s sexy. It?s way better than captain marvel who is just frumpy looking. Gadot just looks ten times better imo

I am a South European/Med/Greek. Gadot doesn't have the "Med Charm". Yes, I know that she's Israeli and Med, but it doesn't matter much when she doesn't fit the type. For example, Monica Bellucci is a Med Goddess.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Lucy Lawless gave off that vibe in Xena because she had the "look".

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't see how Gadot's "exotic", or why she should be, considering that she doesn't look like the women from around here.

Spoiler Spoiler:

We're still Euros. EuroMeds aren't the same as MENA Meds. About 3/4s of my family are blonde, blue eyed and some aunts are natural redheads. Hell, my dad's a platinum blonde guy with a gingerstache. Aside from all that, Gadot's problem is that she's neither a great actress, nor does she have an athletic body, so she ends up not being a good choice for WW. At least IMHO. Look at her next to Jon Hamm.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Considering that Hamm is pretty much dead-on for Bruce Wayne, do they really look like Diana and Bruce to you?

Spoiler Spoiler:

At the end of the day, I simply don't see her as WW. My WW is ravenhaired, blue-eyed, beautiful, built and stacked.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's Cape****, and honestly, I just want to see buff, handsome dudes and beautiful gals do the stuff from the comics.

Anyway, different strokes and all. I'm just saying, for me, it continues being poor casting on all grounds, and I don't find her cute, hot or beautiful. I know that she's got that "Model Type", where she's "long and elegant". But there are Models who fit the criteria and yet are still beautiful and "fuller", like Alexina Graham, who's a Victoria's Secret Angel.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back in the day we used to get beauties for even minor roles, but now we have Gadot for literally WONDER Woman, and Kravitz for Catwoman. I'm just disappointed, is all.

Yeah well, we'll just have to disagree, I find both Gadot and Kravitz very attractive women. :duff
As for the Mediterranean charm, while there were blonde/redheaded, blue-eyed, fair-skinned people, as far as I know, they were farther up north; northern Italy, Macedonia, etc... (Thracians were supposed to be redheads, and wasn't Alexander the Great blonde?), but southern Italy, the Greek city states and obviously northern Africa and the Middle East were mostly dark haired people, if I'm not mistaken. So Gadot's casting, while not looking the comic-book part, does make sense.

But hey, once Gadot's reign as WW is over, I look forward to a different take on the character.

Supposedly Snyder?s production team has approached Warner Bros. about investing on additional shooting for JL and he told WB that THEY NEED his cut for HBO Max launch lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah well, we'll just have to disagree, I find both Gadot and Kravitz very attractive women. :duff
Yeah, obviously, different tastes and all. Or, and I'm just spitballing here, you can all just admit that my taste is superior and that I'm always right. Just saying... :monkey3

As for the Mediterranean charm, while there were blonde/redheaded, blue-eyed, fair-skinned people, as far as I know, they were farther up north; northern Italy, Macedonia, etc... (Thracians were supposed to be redheads, and wasn't Alexander the Great blonde?),
It depends, but the most light-eyed people are further down the South here. I'm from the mainland, and most people were brown eyed/haired. There were two or so blondies in most classes, but they were outnumbered. But my maternal grandpa's family were all black haired and blue eyed, and my maternal grandma's family is all full of light eyed and blonde/redhaired women. They're from "Ayvalik", but left when the Ro- Ahem, Turks started the cleansings. Anyway, when I went to the South for Uni, practically half the people were at least blue-eyed. Whenever I go to Crete because my paternal cousins are all married there, most of the kids are dirty blondes. Generally it's not as simple as "North & South" here, both have lighter phenotypes. It's the mainland that's brunettes in their vast majority.

but southern Italy, the Greek city states and obviously northern Africa and the Middle East were mostly dark haired people, if I'm not mistaken.
The point is that Northen Africa and the Middle East, MENAs, don't have the same Phenotype as Italians, Greeks, Spaniards and Southern French. They're Caucasian and all, but they're not Euros.

Nobody would mistake Sofia Boutella for a local, because we'd guess that she's from North Africa. Egypt, Algeria, and such.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Some Brits, mostly Iberians, can pass as locals far more often than MENAs. My dad's nephew looks a ton like Jason Statham, and my dad looks like Toby Stephens. Meanwhile, I cannot think of a woman I know that looks like Gadot. Lynda Carter looks like my dad's niece, for example. But Gadot ? She wouldn't pass for a local. This lady here, Leila Hatami, is Iranian. She wouldn't pass as a local either, except maybe some island to the SouthEast.
Spoiler Spoiler:

So Gadot's casting, while not looking the comic-book part, does make sense.
Eh, not really, because she's not just Med, DC's Amazons used to be GrecoRoman, before all the retcons about reincarnated souls and women from all over and the like. Diana is meant to evoke a GrecoRoman look, not just a "Med" one. The Med compromises a lot of countries and peoples, and they're not all alike. It's not just hair, it's bone structure too. Most of the world is dark haired, but the subtle differences in Euros come from how faces and builds vary depending on the area.

Anyway, we're off the point here. I'll never accept Gadot because I don't find her particularly attractive, she can't make up for it through acting or an athletic body, and even as a case of being "close" to the supposed source, it doesn't work. But hey, I can understand different tastes.

But hey, once Gadot's reign as WW is over, I look forward to a different take on the character.
I just wonder how many years it'll be before that.

Back