Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, just recently saw this as a limited free movie. I don't understand all the hate for it. Yes it does have flaws and what movie doesn't. Here are my likes and dislikes.

The retro look and Wonder Woman's more refreshing look (brighter costume, darker, long wavy hair) compared to previous ones.
Wonder Woman helping around the city, saving people.
Diana using her lasso more and finally throwing her tiara.
Invisible jet, but this is also under my dislikes.
The character development of Max and Barbara. I like that there were stories for Diana, Barbara, and Max, made you feel for the villains. I know sometimes villains are just thrown in there without some sort of backstory, or real connection to the hero.
I'd like to mention seeing Barbara running at night and WW run though the street after she got her powers back, there must have been a track coach on set. Or maybe they just know how to run. They both had great form, unlike Ezra Miller's Flash.

Dislikes:
While I like the 80's background, the sequences of WW rescuing the person from the path of a speeding car and thwarting a robbery in the mall seemed fake and corny. The choreography and effects needed polishing up.
The invisible jet wasn't really her invisible jet. Her using some kind of "magic" to conceal the jet they were in, seemed kind of thrown in. It's like saying how can we show an invisible jet without actually having it. I didn't know Diana had that ability either.
While I like the development of Max, and Barbara into Cheetah, it all seemed to go to waste when they all went back to normal, especially Barbara. It would be like developing the Joker, only for him to be a good guy. Cheetah had little screentime. They both were one and done anatagonists.

I don't think it had zero redeeming qualities but it was such a disappointment, and waste of potential for me

I love the 80s and the blue Monday trailer was great, they needed way more golden Eagle armor and the story was trash

I don't mind there not being a true invisible jet, as long as they explain why it is there, which it seems they tried to do, but then the execution was ridiculous so they might as well have included her actual invisible jet anyway as this would have been just as stupid

This film was the straw that broke this camel's back, I even hate gal in the role now

I don't think it had zero redeeming qualities but it was such a disappointment, and waste of potential for me

I love the 80s and the blue Monday trailer was great, they needed way more golden Eagle armor and the story was trash

I don't mind there not being a true invisible jet, as long as they explain why it is there, which it seems they tried to do, but then the execution was ridiculous so they might as well have included her actual invisible jet anyway as this would have been just as stupid

This film was the straw that broke this camel's back, I even hate gal in the role now

oPvl9FZ.png

Holy **** this movie is bad. 45 minutes in and literally nothing has happened, awful cliches, awful acting, awful cgi, awful fight scenes, in your face agenda, just trash trash trash trash trash.

Like my god this has to be the worst superhero movie I’ve ever seen.

Holy **** this movie is bad. 45 minutes in and literally nothing has happened, awful cliches, awful acting, awful cgi, awful fight scenes, in your face agenda, just trash trash trash trash trash.

Like my god this has to be the worst superhero movie I’ve ever seen.

:lol
Didn't we all warn you? It's basically unwatchable... except for the train wreck aspect. And it just gets worse.

Good luck getting thru...

Having said all of the above, I'm still getting the Queen Studios museum line ww as it goes with other comic pieces anyway

Love the design, hate the film lol

Remember when this was that movie to get people back in the theaters and everyone was so disappointed in it.

Back