Wonder Woman 1984 - 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not include both WW84 headsculpts (rooted hair and sculpted hair) in each version (traditional WW armor and Golden Armor)? They’re more likely gonna be in production around the same time.

Because they want us to buy both figures :lol

I see Gal. I'm ok with sculpt. What is bummer is lack of accessories for this figure. It's just repainted suit and new sculpt. No shield, no sword at least.

Yeah while I think the more classic, stripped down look works great on screen, it does make for a pretty boring and barebones HT figure.

And somehow the colors don't seem to pop on this nearly as well as they should either. Seems more like just a bright glossy red than the shiny metallic red it should be.

I'm totally getting this. BvS WW is with the BvS Trinity. JL WW is on a shelf with the rest of the League. This one will be great on a shelf with the Training and Armored versions. Has the cost of this one been announced? I know that HT prices have generally been creeping, but this one is pretty barebones and seems mostly recycled. It'll be interesting to see exactly how much we get screwed there.

Man gotta love it. This board never changes...

Original WW-JL figure: "I hate rooted hair! I don't collect dolls, I collect figures! Why can't they just go with sculpted hair?!"

WW84-GA: "That's the best likeness but why did they have to make the helmet removable and make the hair rooted?! I hate rooted hair... it always makes it look like a doll and it's hard to futz! It took HT 10+ years to give us a Black widow with sculpted hair so I guess we just have to wait. No one likes rooted hair, I just don't understand why HT won't just give us what we want!"

WW84: "That sculpted hair looks awful! It ruins the likeness! They should've did rooted like the Golden Armor version! Why couldn't they just give us this sculpt with rooted hair?! Now I have to get this and pay more to get it rooted!"

:lol :slap:rotfl:rolleyes2

We've seen it before with Jyn, where they put the main figure up for order with one sculpt, and then created a new sculpt for the imperial Disguise version which ended up being used for both figures.

I'm leaning towards the Golden Armor and 84 sculpts being the same basic sculpt, but with the hard sculpted hair and more intense expression with lowered eyebrows, it's lost a lot of the soft feminine look it originally had.

Per the detailed specs of the two figures the sculpts are credited to completely different sculptors, so I'm leaning toward their being different. :lol But the art director for the GA sculpt co-sculpted this one, so no doubt there's some carryover...

114890926_10157385655937344_7580656734257092004_o.jpg

Attachments

• BA8-EEAB7-D995-46-C2-9004-1-DECBD733-D6-E.jpg
    BA8-EEAB7-D995-46-C2-9004-1-DECBD733-D6-E.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 206
Not sure why anyone would be disappointed with that headsculpt, its excellent. To my eye its stronger than the overly soft golden headsculpt, but both are good. But rooted hair, I can't stand it.....so this is a great release for me.

Finally they put in the heavier brow lines and we can see skin above the tiara, not the tiara blending into the hairline. All major positives!

Definite purchase for the head, which I will switch out onto my JL body, i think the armour and colouring on the JL version is pretty much perfect.....though I might be convinced to just sell the JL altogether to replace with this.....let's see how the film is.

Original WW-JL figure: "I hate rooted hair! I don't collect dolls, I collect figures! Why can't they just go with sculpted hair?!"

WW84-GA: "That's the best likeness but why did they have to make the helmet removable and make the hair rooted?! I hate rooted hair... it always makes it look like a doll and it's hard to futz! It took HT 10+ years to give us a Black widow with sculpted hair so I guess we just have to wait. No one likes rooted hair, I just don't understand why HT won't just give us what we want!"

WW84: "That sculpted hair looks awful! It ruins the likeness! They should've did rooted like the Golden Armor version! Why couldn't they just give us this sculpt with rooted hair?! Now I have to get this and pay more to get it rooted!"

Yeah i cant keep up with back and forth on here either.

I said on another thread but it seems like people are mad about the slowdown of DC stuff and are projecting those feelings onto the figure.

I'm sure it's not the same people changing their positions though - simply that one set of people were getting their way before - leaving the other group to complain - and now the shoe is on the other foot.

Hot Toys could please both camps if they wanted by including two heads - granted that would raise the price and that too would draw complaint.

Last edited:
On the promo photos, the face for some reason does look a bit fat to me, I think for me that?s what?s throwing it off if anything. But I?m sure it?s just the photos.

I like the sculpted hair a lot better than the rooted hair though. But I’m not really a fan of the minimalistic outfit.

Two years will be the release :thud:

The scary thing could be..what if the film release gets delayed in the fall.. this figure could get pushed back as well :impatient:

Love the outfit but the head sculpt is just off. Maybe its the lighting or just seems a bit wide in the face.

I said on another thread but it seems like people are mad about the slowdown of DC stuff and are projecting those feelings onto the figure.
:lol yea I woulnd't be surprised.

Yeah i cant keep up with back and forth on here either.
Yea, it's been this way for years.. probably before I even joined and will continue to be long after I'm not on here :lol I think I came in at the height of it though, during the TDK Joker customization craze when all the original 1/6 TDK figures started to drop.

I'm sure it's not the same people changing their positions though - simply that one set of people were getting their way before - leaving the other group to complain - and now the shoe is on the other foot.

Hot Toys could please both camps if they wanted by including two heads - granted that would raise the price and that too would draw complaint.

Could be, but so many folks go back and forth on this board it's easier to generalize :lol I'm usually pro-rooted hair but I can't help but think this looks really fantastic. Maybe b/c I've gotten into statues more now than figures, so I'm appreciating sculpted details more now than before

Two years will be the release :thud:

The scary thing could be..what if the film release gets delayed in the fall.. this figure could get pushed back as well :impatient:

At this point the film could get canceled and it would not effect the release date of the figure. Film is not delaying the figure, Cable, Dead Stark, Anakin are 2022.

Back