Wolverine PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty pleased with the Wolverine PF - I did have the claw issue on the left hand where one is shorter than the other 2 - I think the way that the cloth was used was excellent - I glanced over at my Cap Ex -which has the cloth pants and didn't notice and visible seams on that statue - It must have been a creative decision during the production to include them on Wolverine for some reason -> I, for one, don't mind the seams and think that they had a more rugged look to his costume in this case - A smooth look would have been great too, but I don't think they take anything away from this piece - I love the idea of using mixed media on the PF statues - I think it gives them a more realistic look and is really an excellent way to add elements to their statues which may not be available with sculpting - Sure, they could have made every muscle visible by sculpting and painting, but I think the way they chose to use the cloth in this first PF version of Wolverine has a more classic look and feel ....
I guess they could always try tight spandex to try and highlight the muscles carved underneath the material on the statue - don't know how well that would work though - Under Armour seems to work that way unless you are highlighting your beer gut -> just my opinion though !

I am pretty pleased with the Wolverine PF - I did have the claw issue on the left hand where one is shorter than the other 2 - I think the way that the cloth was used was excellent - I glanced over at my Cap Ex -which has the cloth pants and didn't notice and visible seams on that statue - It must have been a creative decision during the production to include them on Wolverine for some reason -> I, for one, don't mind the seams and think that they had a more rugged look to his costume in this case - A smooth look would have been great too, but I don't think they take anything away from this piece - I love the idea of using mixed media on the PF statues - I think it gives them a more realistic look and is really an excellent way to add elements to their statues which may not be available with sculpting - Sure, they could have made every muscle visible by sculpting and painting, but I think the way they chose to use the cloth in this first PF version of Wolverine has a more classic look and feel ....
I guess they could always try tight spandex to try and highlight the muscles carved underneath the material on the statue - don't know how well that would work though - Under Armour seems to work that way unless you are highlighting your beer gut -> just my opinion though !

I don't get the "seam" argument at all. They are obviously suppose to be there and are by design. They clearly form a panel that runs down the front of the pants as part of the uniform. The designer didn't put them there because he had to, he put them there because he wanted to. My pants have seams, Gambit's coat has a seam running down the back because it's a cloth coat, so does the Hellboy 2 PF. So yeah, I don't get it.:gah:

I don't get the "seam" argument at all. They are obviously suppose to be there and are by design. They clearly form a panel that runs down the front of the pants as part of the uniform. The designer didn't put them there because he had to, he put them there because he wanted to. My pants have seams, Gambit's coat has a seam running down the back because it's a cloth coat, so does the Hellboy 2 PF. So yeah, I don't get it.:gah:

The seams most people are talking about are underneath the fabric where the left leg attaches to the hip. They are not talking about the "pipes" that run down his leg.

The seams most people are talking about are underneath the fabric where the left leg attaches to the hip. They are not talking about the "pipes" that run down his leg.

That's actually a new seam that was found due to someone looking for a seam that justified the criticism and figured that must be it. Nobody knew that seam was there until this week. The other seam criticism started as soon as the production pictures were released and was directed toward the costume.

That's actually a new seam that was found due to someone looking for a seam that justified the criticism and figured that must be it. Nobody knew that seam was there until this week. The other seam criticism started as soon as the production pictures were released and was directed toward the costume.

:lol I'm lost now....
Oh well seam or no seam I don't notice it too much and enjoy my Wolverine statue immensely :rock

Its just the nature of the beast though. Or in this case Wolverine HA. What it comes down to is the use of mixed media in order to make the statue a PF.

With Gambit, his signature/classic trench coat was perfect for a PF, allowing for a fully sculpted costume. Same reason they gave cyclops a bomber jack (that everyone complains about :cuckoo:).

Wolverine wears tights...not a lot of options there. And, the idea of putting on tights and showing every muscle in your body is strictly comic book. Its impossible for anyone in real life to put on any material no matter how thin and show every inch of muscular definition. The same laws apply to a statue!

Let me put it in terms most of us here can understand. :wink1: Sports Illustrated swim suit addition. The girls in there can put on the smallest, skimpiest, most shear bikini ever created and we STILL can't see as much of thier curves and body as those that pose with only body paint.

Heck yeah, it's definitely a matter of preference. Dating back to Roman time and before, sculpted cloth has always held great appeal and mixed media has been popular in several camps. For comic book accurate look, I like the sculpted muscles better for greater definition, but that's just me. Hence, the two current preferences ala the Gambit vs Wolvie costume look, and Computerfly's awesome customs.

I don't see what's wrong with wanting to have the option display Cyclops with and without his jacket, both are accurate and one of my fav covers is without his jacket. I also see him without his jacket more often, but that's for a different thread. Girls are a different story, I think Ms Marvel turned out great in the costume department.

jimlee_xmen.jpg
Jim%20Lee%20X-Men.jpg

Great pics of this statue so far, keep 'em coming! : )

:lol Did he say why?

Honestly, I think the PF was specifically made for a diorama set up to be posed with the Sabretooth PF whereas the comiquete with its pose is better as a stand alone piece. Only until I displayed the PF with Sabre did I appreciate how good Wolvie PF looks.

looks awesome, at first I though wolverine PF was a little small, then I read he was 5-3", lol.

Honestly, I think the PF was specifically made for a diorama set up to be posed with the Sabretooth PF whereas the comiquete with its pose is better as a stand alone piece. Only until I displayed the PF with Sabre did I appreciate how good Wolvie PF looks.

Nice pics man! :rock

Back