Wolverine PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are those pics of yours Fly?

Nope, those are pictures in this very thread. Each one is from a different members' photos. No two pics are of the same piece, but they all have the seam.

I haven't actually photographed mine yet, but it does have a significant seam.

Computer Fly and others in regards to seam issue:

I am not seeing this on mine, or my pics. What am I missing?

My pics are on page 376 or

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66465&page=376

I see it on yours. The seam is going to vary slightly in its severity since there are small variations in the production process. Its also very possible that different people have different opinions on what they consider to be an issue. If it doesnt bother you...you wouldnt know what you were looking for and wouldnt find the "seam".

I had a feel around my Wolvie PF and found out what's bothering me. Not only does the cloth hide the muscles but his right ribs are pertruding awkwardly. I have the normal head on, the exclusive head is not as bad in person but the masked is still better. The ugly seams and loose butt area also bother me but I love the metal claws.

Computer Fly and others in regards to seam issue:

I am not seeing this on mine, or my pics. What am I missing?

My pics are on page 376 or

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66465&page=376

gimme yours! lol, yeah i can't see the seam there. it may still be there but that seam i could easily handle. i really think it's probably a matter of how close they pushed those 2 pieces together. a flush seam wouldn't show up much but one that ya can stick a quarter in does

nah, those are the seams on the cloth outfit. some don't like those either but they don't bother me. they look like what would actually be on a costume to me.
no i'm talkin about a seam in the underlying polystone, where the left leg (upper thigh) abuts up against the hip

nah, those are the seams on the cloth outfit. some don't like those either but they don't bother me. they look like what would actually be on a costume to me.
no i'm talkin about a seam in the underlying polystone, where the left leg (upper thigh) abuts up against the hip

I think it'll be on every statue. I know you said it isn't noticeable on some photos but it is more likely due to the way the photos were shot. I didn't notice a seam on mine until you brought it up. I moved it around under different lighting and it appeared.

Ultimately, this piece seems to be getting mixed reviews. People seem to either love it, like it, are lukewarm, only like parts of it, or can't stand it. Others can't even quantify a feeling. It's like we're talking about the latest Grant Morisson issue... lol.

In essence, the Wolverine PF doesn't appear to be an all around huge hit like the Venom comiquette or the Darth Talon PF.

Well a lot of talk here is really about how much you like the mixed media bit. you either love it or hate it, it could happen to a different character and sculpt and it'll be the exact same talk. Then you have people who already own the comiquette who wants to believe theirs will forever be the best Wolverine statue ever. By the time the third and fourth Wolvie statue comes out and completely destroys both the PF and the comiquette, they will still want to believe the old comiquette is the best. You don't have the same diverse opinion with Venom or Darth Talon cuz those are the best 1:4 version you'll get in a long time. Once you get a second version of 1:4 venom in a similar quality, the masses opinion will split right in the middle and get ugly just like what you're witnessing now.

Well a lot of talk here is really about how much you like the mixed media bit. you either love it or hate it, it could happen to a different character and sculpt and it'll be the exact same talk. Then you have people who already own the comiquette who wants to believe theirs will forever be the best Wolverine statue ever. By the time the third and fourth Wolvie statue comes out and completely destroys both the PF and the comiquette, they will still want to believe the old comiquette is the best. You don't have the same diverse opinion with Venom or Darth Talon cuz those are the best 1:4 version you'll get in a long time. Once you get a second version of 1:4 venom in a similar quality, the masses opinion will split right in the middle and get ugly just like what you're witnessing now.

SEAMS like a lot of it is about the material used here to mask the well done muscles and loss of upper body definition. Gambit is mixed media as well, but you don't see many as critical of him, probably because his costume is mostly sculpted as is the original Wolvie comiquette. I doubt there will be a Venom done as well too. That's probably why a lot of waitlists are converting for Wolvie, and maybe others are waiting for the brown version.

Last edited:
I think it'll be on every statue. I know you said it isn't noticeable on some photos but it is more likely due to the way the photos were shot. I didn't notice a seam on mine until you brought it up. I moved it around under different lighting and it appeared.

:exactly: Checked mine and I have a big seam too...ignorance WAS bliss... :panic:

SEAMS like a lot of it is about the material used here to mask the well done muscles and loss of upper body definition. Gambit is mixed media as well, but you don't see many as critical of him, probably because his costume is mostly sculpted as is the original Wolvie comiquette. I doubt there will be a Venom done as well too. That's probably why a lot of waitlists are converting for Wolvie, and maybe others are waiting for the brown version.

Its just the nature of the beast though. Or in this case Wolverine HA. What it comes down to is the use of mixed media in order to make the statue a PF.

With Gambit, his signature/classic trench coat was perfect for a PF, allowing for a fully sculpted costume. Same reason they gave cyclops a bomber jack (that everyone complains about :cuckoo:).

Wolverine wears tights...not a lot of options there. And, the idea of putting on tights and showing every muscle in your body is strictly comic book. Its impossible for anyone in real life to put on any material no matter how thin and show every inch of muscular definition. The same laws apply to a statue!

Let me put it in terms most of us here can understand. :wink1: Sports Illustrated swim suit addition. The girls in there can put on the smallest, skimpiest, most shear bikini ever created and we STILL can't see as much of thier curves and body as those that pose with only body paint.

Its just the nature of the beast though. Or in this case Wolverine HA. What it comes down to is the use of mixed media in order to make the statue a PF.

With Gambit, his signature/classic trench coat was perfect for a PF, allowing for a fully sculpted costume. Same reason they gave cyclops a bomber jack (that everyone complains about :cuckoo:).

Wolverine wears tights...not a lot of options there. And, the idea of putting on tights and showing every muscle in your body is strictly comic book. Its impossible for anyone in real life to put on any material no matter how thin and show every inch of muscular definition. The same laws apply to a statue!

Let me put it in terms most of us here can understand. :wink1: Sports Illustrated swim suit addition. The girls in there can put on the smallest, skimpiest, most shear bikini ever created and we STILL can't see as much of thier curves and body as those that pose with only body paint.

So true!!!!:clap:lecture:goodpost:

actually it comes down to a test of time.

Criticism of a piece doesn't make it necessarily bad.

Popular pieces often have a much larger fan base who may be more vocal on some things than others.

Many grail pieces had their detractors when they first came out only for them to slowly grow on collectors who then went on the hunt for them.

However, some pieces even though perfect just do not find the following some people thought they would. eg. Yoda vs Clone PF

I'm quite confident this will be a piece that will grow on more collectors especially after the brown ones goes up for order.

just my 2 cents.

Yup don't care what the haters think.
Super-Man and Spider-Man did not have comic book muscle definitions in the movies did they? I enjoy these figures immensely and will continue to support Marvel PFs.
They really look incredible in person and could care less about convincing other people to think the same.

Ultimately, I would have been happy with a fully sculpted Comiquette that looked this good (the older one does nothing for me). But I'm also happy with this, and we have what we have. If people want to obsess about an exposed seam on the leg or the material, that is their right, but it is too bad that in the process they are missing out on awesomeness of this statue. Their loss, IMO, because this is one of the coolest statues Sideshow has made.

Back