Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got a response today from Daniel Campisi. I could not believe what I was reading. Check it out.

I feel your pain bro. If i were you i wouldnt settle for anything less for 2Grand. And im not gonna sit there looking at this statue where im not happy with. Looking at it is just gonna make you miserable everyday knowing you spend that much money with a statue thats full of crap. Like i said if it were up to me i'd return it and get a full refund. Try checking out the 1/4 statue classic wolverine from XM. Great great company to deal with. Statues are absolutely stunning. Customer service is second to none. More switch out options for the head and the blades as well. You will not regret this company. If you are really looking at a statue that represents wolverine i'd go with this company and just ditch the other one.

I called him multiple times on his direct line and at the 800 number choosing the option for Returns. Kept getting their voicemails. After 45mins he finally picks up on the 800 number line and we talk for about 30mins. Without giving you guys the exact play by play I'll give you the highlights. I ask him if he saw that the statue was leaning(he received all of the pictures that I posted). He says that he nor his supervisor noticed it leaning. He says I could take additional pics that better show the lean. He says that the statue is handmade and that there will be differences in how the backfoot rests on the base. He says that the material stretching over the left knee is not a cause for replacement because its handmade. He says that it's okay for the statue to be a little dirty since Wolverine is walking through the mud. He says that you have to look at the statue from 2-3ft away and only the flaws noticed from that distance are considered to be issues. Anything that is up close is not considered an issue in their book. If they gave me a replacement they would pull from their replacement stock, put it together, look at it from 2-3ft away and as long it looks good to them that's what they'll send me. I dont buy a lot of statues from SS. I'm more of a PCSC and Hot Toys guy, but I can see why alot of people have been so upset with the customer service that they've been receiving from SS. Man was I heated. I told him that I'm going to return it and think my options over at that time.

Last edited:
Why not take your glasses off as well and look from 3 feet away. :lol. SS is opening doors for other statues companies, XM, IA, PCS all will be greatful :rotfl.
You are lucky, live in S. California, full refund and don't even look back my friend.

Yeah, ask for a full refund, their LSF line is a big disappointment. You would think charging us almost 300% mark up on these statues there would be better customer service and replacement plans for this line and better quality checks but it's basically an over sized Marvel PF (which has been their biggest failing line in the past 3 years).

So I got a response today from Daniel Campisi. I could not believe what I was reading. Check it out.

copy and paste. i seem to get the same response if not very similar all the time. im sure a lot of members get the same copy and paste message for other pieces. it is what it is, they are still giving you a full refund. the only thing i hate is unboxing and boxing up the box again for a piece i want to keep, but with QC issues. just frustrating.

i just find it funny that there could be issues with the painted parts. there is barely any parts to be painted as it's mainly covered in fabric. they could have at least paid more attention to the paint job. :cuckoo:

While I agree that some of the issues you highlighted would never be seen unless you were close up inspecting the item, you will find minor flaws on every SS piece if you look hard enough, the leaning issue makes for a definite return.
$100, 5%, is no incentive to keep him and risk potential future problems.
I thought their policy was 10%?... Still wouldn't take it.

This line seems like a failure from Sideshow already. What a waste. If Doom comes out to have just as many issues as some of these Wolverines do, I'd say the LSF line's days are numbered after that. What kind of bum does SS have in charge of this line??

Horrible that they cannot notice a lean.

Someone help J Rodimus out and get some pics that show the significant lean angle compared to his with some Photoshop help!

Good grief, the issues you have with yours are far more substantial than the ones I had with mine...and I sent mine back.

TBH, I do have twinges of regret that I didn't keep it, but I didn't want to feel like I was Sideshows patsy for accepting something -especially at this price level- that wasn't 99% perfect.

There is some truth in notion that all these things are meant to be taken in from several feet away. OTOH, the larger the piece is (not to mention the more expensive), the closer you should be able to get up to it without seeing issues. Flaws shouldn't be scaling at the same rate as the piece.

I do miss it, and I was fully expecting to re-order it at some point. But if all future runs of this are going to not line up properly, and I'm going to be rolling the dice with more shoddy stitching and cloth work, I'll try to start putting this out of my mind from here on out.
Besides after getting Sonja in and seeing the radical difference in paint choices from proto to production, I'm just waiting for my last two pre-orders to come in so I can be done with SS.

The lean is at the heart of several of your issues, but it is also the biggest concern. The pic you showed of that severely leaning Wolverine was taken JUST before the peg in the foot SNAPPED and the whole statue went over and SMASHED on the floor. From what I have heard, and this was second and third hand, once it starts leaning he is most likely going to brake because something has broken in the peg leg. I would return that thing so fast he would be litterally flying out the door.

wow at this thread.
Glad they cancelled the Legendary Scale Indiana Jones now.
I'll never buy a LS statue from Sideshow based don this thread alone. $2000 + shipping to Oz is just not worth the hassle.

You guys didn't see the production Doom legendary scale pics yet?
5pnakj.jpg

I chalk that up to sloppy presentation and an awkward camera angle. You can make just about any statue look like crap with bad lighting and a bad angle. And when you are dealing with loose falling fabric, you need to put some time into arranging it, smoothing it out, and making sure it's draped well.

Fresh out of the box and slapped together in half-assed fashion isn't going to impress anyone.

I really appreciate everyone's advice. I'm trying to make a list of the differences in the 1st and 2nd run for my personal knowledge and to also inform all collectors that may decide to purchase this piece. I would like to know from those that have the 1st run of this figure if the backfoot has a peg that goes into a hole in the base to secure it. Daniel mentioned that the design of the foot peg(s) was changed in the 2nd run and that the backleg does not sit directly over the foot print due to the change in the foot peg. Judism also mentioned this as he had one from the first run and got a replacement from the 2nd run as quoted below

The way that the statue fits into the base is totally different. The magnets were a lot stronger and the joints were far more uniform.

My replacement also has the back footprint issue, no lean though. The back footprint issue is a result of the change in the way the statue sits into the base and I think you'll only find it in the later runs. The magnets are far better however, and provided it doesn't come with a lean already, I doubt it had the potential to topple because of the way it's inserted. Nonetheless bloody annoying QC issues again from SS. Sideshow said the others were the same when I asked for a replacement because of the footprint issue. Typical of them. Do they even care anymore?

Doesn't seem right that changes are being made to the statue that affect they way it looks and then say, "well that's how it's supposed to look now" or "it's handmade so it's okay that the factory goofed and now the material stretches over the left knee instead of wrapping around it."

Last edited:
I chalk that up to sloppy presentation and an awkward camera angle. You can make just about any statue look like crap with bad lighting and a bad angle. And when you are dealing with loose falling fabric, you need to put some time into arranging it, smoothing it out, and making sure it's draped well.

Fresh out of the box and slapped together in half-assed fashion isn't going to impress anyone.

I hear you, but at the same time my feeling (full disclosure: I will never spend anywhere near this much on a piece) is that a $2K statue should look good no matter what the angle or futz. Will proper photography make it look better? Sure. But a bad photo / pose / "fresh out of the box" shouldn't make it look like a turd.

Back