Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not saying that Cinemaquettes are better.

At least TOYNAMI declare HOW MANY pieces they will produce from the beginning.
Since you talk like being close to SSC, why don´t you ask them the reason why they HIDE the Number of pieces they are going to produce instead of waiting the last moment to disclose it?

As a collector for me is important to know if they will produce 300, 500 or 1000 pieces of the product I am going to preorder.

I know the answer....... but I want to see if you dare to say it.:lecture

I would imagine, with the caveat that this is total speculation, the reason for the lack of an edition size is that it is the high price point that makes the item exclusive. Even in the absence of an edition size Sideshow has stated that these products will be offered for a finite period. As soon as the first ½ scale is no longer offered the price will certainly rise given the limited supply.

Setting an edition size would also hinder the ability for these items to be made-to-order. By making these products as they are ordered they increase oversight which should correlate to better quality control which is critical for a product at this price point. Furthermore they are able to limit the cost of unsold inventory which is the bane for any manufacturing company. Items produced but unsold is generally discounted accordingly which is the last thing you would want for a so called “high end” collectible.

Once again this is pure speculation but for for-profit companies the overriding consideration is always the bottom line.

Last edited:
I would imagine, with the caveat that this is total speculation, the reason for the lack of an edition size is that it is the high price point that makes the item exclusive. Even in the absence of an edition size Sideshow has stated that these products will be offered for a finite period. As soon as the first ½ scale is no longer offered the price will certainly rise given the limited supply.

Setting an edition size would also hinder the ability for these items to be made-to-order. By making these products as they are ordered they increase oversight which should correlate to better quality control which is critical for a product at this price point. Furthermore they are able to limit the cost of unsold inventory which is the bane for any manufacturing company. Items produced but unsold is generally discounted accordingly which is the last thing you would want for a so called “high end” collectible.

Once again this is pure speculation but for for-profit companies the overriding consideration is always the bottom line.

Then why not make PF's to order and raise them to $600. I've only been collecting for a year and seen SSC's and Hot Toys prices raise. I think there's a reason they don't have 50 different 1:1 statues available as obviously there is not the demand. And I guess the same is true with 1:2. It will be interesting when HCG or another quality statue maker goes to 1:2 scale.

Sideshow has made open ES pieces in the past and they are no different in quality than something that has an ES on it. Look at the Stormtrooper PF...an open ES and riddled with breakage due to poor packaging. Price shouldn't dictate the time and care a company invests in the products it produces.

IMO, the open ES is purely a business decision related to profit losses and gains. With the high price point why set an ES of 200 when there is the possibility of being able to produce another 300. And on the other hand, why run the risk of setting an ES of 500 if only 200 may get sold.

Doom PF, Optimus Prime and not for sure, but I think the Grey Hulk PF all had their ES raised if memory serve me correct.

Then why not make PF's to order and raise them to $600. I've only been collecting for a year and seen SSC's and Hot Toys prices raise. I think there's a reason they don't have 50 different 1:1 statues available as obviously there is not the demand. And I guess the same is true with 1:2. It will be interesting when HCG or another quality statue maker goes to 1:2 scale.

There is too much competition for Sideshow in the 1/4 scale market to ever justify a $600 average price. The number of competitors have increased with Hot Toys and Enterbay now getting into this market and there are plenty of 1/5 manufacturers, which is a viable alternative for collectors given the slight difference in size. Buyers would simply take their money else where. Sideshow has a virtual monopoly on the 1/2 scale and until there is another option at this scale their will be little market pressure for them to adjust their pricing downward so long as sales meet their expectations.

But with Enterbay and HCG (and others) entering the 1:4 area, it hasn't caused SSC's to keep their prices lower as they have only risen.

But none lowered? (I'm thinking they wish they could have lowered Rocketeer, even though I own him and like the piece.)

But none lowered? (I'm thinking they wish they could have lowered Rocketeer, even though I own him and like the piece.)

There was one. The terrible Mummy Brenden Fraser PF that had it's ES lowered to 0.

20101015152450134.jpg

The ES of the regular TMNT Donatello comiquette is labeled 400 although it was advertised as 600. Not sure if that was intentional or just a production oversight. Actually I just went back into the archives and that was an oversight.

The ES of the regular TMNT Donatello comiquette is labeled 400 although it was advertised as 600. Not sure if that was intentional or just a production oversight. Actually I just went back into the archives and that was an oversight.

but they didn't go back and make more. there are actually less regular donnys out there than EXs

I mean, for example, their Rocky 1:4 preorders they have now (like their Rambo ones) take well over a year for the product to actually ship, yet they immediately have the production run listed. I never see a TBD. TBD is more like, let's wait and see how many folks are going to pre-order it.

EDIT - If I want a "make to order" why not go to a forum member and then have a very unique and one of a kind commission. Mark to order for SSC's doesn't make sense and seems to be driving the price on these, as they admit they don't expect a lot of them to sell.

EXACTLY,
this is how a Serious Company should work.

Not like Sideshow having the TBD To Be Determined TAG until the last day, so they keep producing, producing producing until the final days of release.

Who cares about ES, seriously if you you like a piece and can afford it then get it, simple. I can't afford this, and as it doesn't come with an unmasked head, i won't get it. No stress on my part.

I guess the nice thing about the mass produced, non-numbered 1/2 scale pieces is there is no hurry at all to order them if you are going to. And something better suited to your taste may come up down the line (possibly a multiple head or fully sculpted version or brown suit Wolvie.) You can wait years and they will still be available after multiple in hand pics. The bad thing is it would be really hard to keep track of recasts since these are not numbered. Bet the factory floor employees are ecstatic about that.

Meanwhile money saved for me, congrats on those putting money into this, aside from the cloth aspect which I don't really like, the sculpt is great. It's a shame they covered Martin's awesome sculpt with cloth. I would rip it off if I ever get it down the line.

Another bonus is the price won't go up, unlike Sideshow's other grails since you can just get it directly from Sideshow for years to come.

Who cares about ES, seriously if you you like a piece and can afford it then get it, simple. I can't afford this, and as it doesn't come with an unmasked head, i won't get it. No stress on my part.

:slap ES matters. If you like your collection to be worth less than what you pay for it open editions are awesome.

Back