Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did Sideshow steal your lunch money or something? :lol
The incessant complaining sure makes it seem that way.

Nope,
but I don´t like seeing hard earned cash "stolen" from collector´s hands by a greedy company.

The PF price growth by 75/100 USD in the last year.

If you support their price policy growth instead criticize it, they will make them grow and grown.

I could do the exactly opposite question: "Do Sideshow give you some commission or something" since seem you seem being disturbed by the price´s critics?

You should be on the Collector´s side.... or I am wrong?

Nope,
but I don´t like seeing hard earned cash "stolen" from collector´s hands by a greedy company.

The PF price growth by 75/100 USD in the last year.

If you support their price policy growth instead criticize it, they will make them grow and grown.

I could do the exactly opposite question: "Do Sideshow give you some commission or something" since seem you seem being disturbed by the price´s critics?

You should be on the Collector´s side.... or I am wrong?

I am on the collectors side when the collector makes rational statements and requests. I criticized Sideshow strongly for their QC for the Rogue PF.

There are far too many collectors in here complaining about something that they shouldn't be buying in the first place. This line isn't for everyone yet there are too many of you wanting to buy a Ferrari when you should be sticking with Kia.
Don't get me wrong I am not buying this piece. I can't afford it. At least I deal with it like an adult and don't cry about it being too expensive and how Sideshow is somehow robbing or stealing from me.

P.S. You need to look up the definition of stealing. It isn't called stealing when you agree to the price of a certain item and click on the purchase button.

Last edited:
I am on the collectors side when the collector makes rational statements and requests. I criticized Sideshow strongly for their QC for the Rogue PF.

There are far too many collectors in here complaining about something that they shouldn't be buying in the first place. This line isn't for everyone yet there are too many of you wanting to buy a Ferrari when you should be sticking with Kia.
Don't get me wrong I am not buying this piece. I can't afford it. At least I deal with it like an adult and don't cry about it being too expensive and how Sideshow is somehow robbing or stealing from me.

P.S. You need to look up the definition of stealing. It isn't called stealing when you agree to the price of a certain item and click on the purchase button.

I put the word stolen between "quotes".

15 kg. of Polyresin and few feet of fabric are not a Ferrari.

I am amazed how people like you want to represent these "replicas" as forms of art.

The ONLY Art is the prototype made by the Artist in his Workshop, and that is what Sideshow WISELY show in their videos.

Why they don´t show in a video how are made the pieces that the collectors will receive??

The collectors don´t receive what they see in the videos (the prototype sculpted by the artist) but they will receive a REPLICA of it MADE IN CHINA at cheap labor (mostly child labor) cost.

You should stop to try to represent them as "Ferrari".

Are them nice things to own? Yes.
Are them are pieces of art? No. (Something made by a underpaid laborer in China is not a for of Art)
Are them overpriced? Yes.

If you want we can also discuss about other topics like.....
....why your Loved Sideshow has not yet disclosed how many pieces of the Legendary Darth Maul they will produce??
The release is forecast in 3 months and they have not disclosed it yet..... LOL. :rotfl

The 8th Wonder,

You assert with such certainty that this item is overpriced yet similar products that are significantly smaller from Cinemaquette sell at an even higher price point. Pricing is relative and I can guarantee you that Sideshow has done their due diligence in terms of finding the most optimum price level. You state that they are “greedy” and question their ethics but you show me a for-profit company that does not price their products to maximize profits and I will show you a company that is not exercising best business practices. I understand your disappointment as I felt it too initially. I do not believe it is Sideshow’s intent to sell this piece to the masses but rather only a limited 500 – 1,000 pieces to a more affluent market segment. One could argue that if they were to decrease their price point significantly it would tarnish the perception of the Legendary line as being higher end and could also attract buyers whose entire collecting budget would go towards this piece as opposed to other Sideshow offerings. This would cannibalize their sales and not necessarily have any benefit to their bottom line.

What few seem to realize, is that by defending SSC's price point on this one, they are giving SSC's the nod to go ahead and make PF's 400, 500, 600 dollars.

One comment about Sideshow's pricing(not casting aspersions against anyone in particular):
In general, if about 15-20% people are complaining about price, then your pricing is about right. This because 10% of people will always compain about any price, so you can forget about that group. In the remaining cases if 10% complain, for a total of 20%, then your pricing may be starting to get a little bit too high. When it starts exceeding 25% of people complaining about price, it's too high, and you should scale back. It would be interesting to see in a scientific poll, where LSF would fit.

What few seem to realize, is that by defending SSC's price point on this one, they are giving SSC's the nod to go ahead and make PF's 400, 500, 600 dollars.

No. Sales and production costs will dictate future prices more than what any fanboy has to say. It isn't that hard to figure out if anyone has a basic idea of how society or a business works.

No. Sales and production costs will dictate future prices more than what any fanboy has to say. It isn't that hard to figure out if anyone has a basic idea of how society or a business works.

Interesting viewpoint, but a bit naive.

I am surprise alot of people comment on this item. Not alot of people are going to order it anyway and I assume it would get buried at the bottom. I am not worried at all. The more they charge, the less order they get in. Its the quality that I am worried about but oh well, less order from me.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol Who is the naive one here?
I think it is Mr. If I complain enough Sideshow will lower their prices or Mr. Sideshow should do what I say because the customer is always right.

I don't care if they lower the price. They can do what they want. I just think it's a slap in the face to loyal collectors that they price point something at a ridiculous rate. Actually, the customer is always right, in the busines sense.

Agreed 100%!!!!!!!! Because of some collectors blind passion, ALL collectors are going to pay the price down the road, literally. Already quality & QC issues are in decline, corners are being cut (eq; ____ty paint apps, hollow statues, cheaper packaging, ...etc) & yet prices are on the rise. Yes, costs have gone up, but nowhere near the margins SS is projecting.
We as collectors must unite, & fight. As a great man once said " I have a dream". But sadly, this will be a nightmare going forward.:slap:thud::gah:

I don't care if they lower the price. They can do what they want. I just think it's a slap in the face to loyal collectors that they price point something at a ridiculous rate. Actually, the customer is always right, in the busines sense.

No Mr. naive the customer is not always right. It is just something businesses say to make you feel better about yourself.

And how is it a slap in the face? Please don't be so sensitive. Have you ever considered that they target different products for different customers? You may not like it but you may be priced out (as am I). If you have trouble paying for it stick with what you are comfortable paying.

Agreed 100%!!!!!!!! Because of some collectors blind passion, ALL collectors are going to pay the price down the road, literally. Already quality & QC issues are in decline, corners are being cut (eq; ____ty paint apps, hollow statues, cheaper packaging, ...etc) & yet prices are on the rise. Yes, costs have gone up, but nowhere near the margins SS is projecting.
We as collectors must unite, & fight. As a great man once said " I have a dream". But sadly, this will be a nightmare going forward.:slap:thud::gah:

Some of you take things way too seriously and personally. Comparing statue collecting to civil rights movement :lol:lol:lol

Fight back with your wallet if you don't like the way things are. That is the only way Sideshow will hear you.

The 8th Wonder,

You assert with such certainty that this item is overpriced yet similar products that are significantly smaller from Cinemaquette sell at an even higher price point. Pricing is relative and I can guarantee you that Sideshow has done their due diligence in terms of finding the most optimum price level. You state that they are “greedy” and question their ethics but you show me a for-profit company that does not price their products to maximize profits and I will show you a company that is not exercising best business practices. I understand your disappointment as I felt it too initially. I do not believe it is Sideshow’s intent to sell this piece to the masses but rather only a limited 500 – 1,000 pieces to a more affluent market segment. One could argue that if they were to decrease their price point significantly it would tarnish the perception of the Legendary line as being higher end and could also attract buyers whose entire collecting budget would go towards this piece as opposed to other Sideshow offerings. This would cannibalize their sales and not necessarily have any benefit to their bottom line.

I don't see the LSFs intended for any more of a limited market segment than the PFs. Even their PFs are generally in that 500 to 1,000 ES range. And if Ink is right in that an Open ES equates to a normal run, then the LSFs wouldn't be any more limited than a PF.

It just all depends what value the collector feels he or she is getting for the money being spent. Someone may look at this and feel it's right on the money. Others may feel it's overpriced for what is being offered.

I think that the LSFs are the next evolution of formats for Sideshow, trying to stay one step ahead of their competitors. For years, they had the market on 1:4 scale and now other companies are starting to make a push into that format. So Sideshow steps it up to produce something that is intended to be of higher quality and execution than the PFs and something that other companies aren't in a position yet to compete with. Plus, they can gain a foothold in the larger scale market that has been owned by CM.

Only time will tell if what Sideshow is offering in this line is worth the extra money and space to own a piece that really isn't any more limited than a PF. I don't intend on buying this, but perhaps one day Sideshow will make something in LSF that I do want, and I'll be in the same predicament as many deciding whether or not to buy Wolverine. If what we get out of the LSF isn't any better in terms of quality and value than a PF, then why take the plunge?

The 8th Wonder,

I am not saying that Cinemaquettes are better.

At least TOYNAMI declare HOW MANY pieces they will produce from the beginning.
Since you talk like being close to SSC, why don´t you ask them the reason why they HIDE the Number of pieces they are going to produce instead of waiting the last moment to disclose it?

As a collector for me is important to know if they will produce 300, 500 or 1000 pieces of the product I am going to preorder.

I know the answer....... but I want to see if you dare to say it.:lecture

Yes but,
SIDESHOW should "play" fair by declaring from beginning HOW MANY pieces they are going to make.

Do you think it is nice to ask 400 Dollars to a colletor ONE YEAR BEFORE the release as DEPOSIT without even disclosing how many pieces they will run???

It is CLEAR that SSC want to get that "high-end" segment of collectors that now buy Cinemaquettes.

How they will do it it´s another story.

Even HCG releases it's ES on orders that likely won't get fulfilled for over a year after pre-order. It's not hard to set a limit on anything that is a collectible and most collectors assume their pieces are limited and unique...whether collectors on here or of paintings and other art.

Even HCG releases it's ES on orders that likely won't get fulfilled for over a year after pre-order. It's not hard to set a limit on anything that is a collectible and most collectors assume their pieces are limited and unique...whether collectors on here or of paintings and other art.

What you means with ES from hollywood-collectibles ?

What you means with ES from hollywood-collectibles ?

I mean, for example, their Rocky 1:4 preorders they have now (like their Rambo ones) take well over a year for the product to actually ship, yet they immediately have the production run listed. I never see a TBD. TBD is more like, let's wait and see how many folks are going to pre-order it.

EDIT - If I want a "make to order" why not go to a forum member and then have a very unique and one of a kind commission. Mark to order for SSC's doesn't make sense and seems to be driving the price on these, as they admit they don't expect a lot of them to sell.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you!
Logistics and materials are just an "Excuse" to tag 2k a statue.

Just to give you an idea do you know how much cost to ship one 40 foot container from China where the SS Statues are produced to the USA??

It cost,
depending on the moment from 1600 to 2500 USD.
Do you know how many Statues Legendary Scale do you fit inside a container??

Let´s do the math.
The room inside a container is about 2300 cubic feet (39'4" long, 7'6" tall, and 7'8" wide inside).

(For who use metric system is 12 meters long, 2,28 mt. tall and 2,38 wide)

The shipping box of Legendary Darth Maul is 11 cubic feet.
That means that inside a container you can fit up to 190/200 Legendary Mauls and the shipping cost of a Legendary Scale from China to the US will be about 10 Dollars a Piece depending on the moment.

Some of what you say is true, but you are forgetting about some important information like USA customs fees, inspection fees, taxes, storage fees both China, USA, etc.
No disrespect, I am just telling you there is so much you guys dont know about.
Its not all just about CC feet on these. These are much larger boxes and yes you can fit a limited amount in one transport container.

Back