Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's based just on head sculpt, my ranking would be:

Comiquette>XM Studios>Yellow/blue PF>brown PF

I'm a little biased cuz I own the XM one now but the comi does have the nicest masked portrait IMO. It just felt a little undersized to me...1/5th right? The PJ PF was pretty good except the pjs just didn't do it for me. Brown PF has a nicer sculpt, base then the pj PF but the heads aren't there for me. I really love the sculpt on the XM one as well as the base and all the details so it gets my vote as the best wolverine overall...the comi is a close second if it weren't for the scale. This brown one would be pretty high if the heads were comparable to the XM one or the comi one.

I think I remember reading Villafane or an SSC Rep confirming that the Wolvie COM is in 1/4 scale. Peeps gotta remember, Logan is only a little over 5 feet tall. I have my Wolvie COM right next to my Mystique PF and he looks perfect next to her. Marvel has Mystique listed as 7 inches taller than Logan. If the Wolvie COM was in 1/5 scale he'd only be 12.6 inches tall. The COM is way bigger than that. Any statue of Wolvie that is over 15.75 inches tall is bigger than 1/4 scale. The COM nailed Logan all around in style and scale. That is why it's my favorite Wolverine statue to date.

His jawline is huge.

Fixed that and I will take a new screen shot soon. Though it might not be in enough. It is odd how you can't see things sometimes when you are doing it... Which brings me to...

In the second picture, the depth of his mask's ears look to deep. Otherwise I like it!

Thanks UH again I couldn't really see that I will try and tweak it a bit. Thanks for the help guys.

The jaw does look fairly broad...do you have the ref image ur sculpting off of spidey?

Not ONE persay sarakawa, but I have been looking at how others have tackled Logan in the past. I think I had a bit of tunnel vision and couldn't see how broad the haw was getting. Like I said I tweaked it and will fix it up soon.

So we can't tell if the claws are metal? I can't tell. They don't have that chrome look though like the Blue/Yellow one so I'm assuming not. Bummer

Back