Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.
I'll post a few shots once I get him set up..
I need to make some room, lol.

Thanks fantastic news! Wolf is my favorite predator design and this statue is the best maquette representation. I am getting my repainted in the next few weeks so stay tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

made a trade today some may say I'm nuts but others may say I'm brilliant. Let my doom throne go for the beauty that is the wolf lsf, have had the doom for about 4 yrs and have been eyeing up wolf at my lcs... Just so happens I was talking to a fellow collector and he was selling his wolf so we chatted and he was willing to make a straight trade and I took it.. Have to say wolf is gorgeous and I couldn't be happier.

Your LCS has a Wolf? Where at? I assume it wasn't for sale right? Haven't kept up with Doom prices, but if it was a regular and not an EX you probably did ok.

Thanks guys.
I'll post a few shots once I get him set up..
I need to make some room, lol.

It's so nice to see others snag this one! My favourite sculpt ever. 100% Grail

Congrats man. Look forward to fresh shots of this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your LCS has a Wolf? Where at? I assume it wasn't for sale right? Haven't kept up with Doom prices, but if it was a regular and not an EX you probably did ok.

It's a store in Langley bc and yes it is for sale 5k cad.... Doom was an ex but the trade was made with the original owner so it went full circle anyway... Not sure which piece garners more money in the secondary market but saw wolf pred in person and fell in love, couldn't shell out the cash but had an opportunity to have one and took it.

made a trade today some may say I'm nuts but others may say I'm brilliant. Let my doom throne go for the beauty that is the wolf lsf, have had the doom for about 4 yrs and have been eyeing up wolf at my lcs... Just so happens I was talking to a fellow collector and he was selling his wolf so we chatted and he was willing to make a straight trade and I took it.. Have to say wolf is gorgeous and I couldn't be happier.

Whoa big stakes trade,but congrats on getting one of the best pieces sideshow's has ever made (maybe not QC wise) but it's still such a stellar piece.My buddy owns one and I just gravitate to it everytime I see it

Whoa big stakes trade,but congrats on getting one of the best pieces sideshow's has ever made (maybe not QC wise) but it's still such a stellar piece.My buddy owns one and I just gravitate to it everytime I see it

Thanks appreciate it...

Place the combi-stick on his back and remove the coiled whip from his groin.

Or...

Put the combi-stick in his hand and the coiled whip beside his hip and not on his groin.

Congrats on getting one of Sideshows best!

Place the combi-stick on his back and remove the coiled whip from his groin.

Or...

Put the combi-stick in his hand and the coiled whip beside his hip and not on his groin.

Congrats on getting one of Sideshows best!

Thanks!

I wasn't sure how to place the combi-stick...I tried putting it on his backpack, but it keeps hitting his dreads.
There's also a strap thing...I wasn't sure where it goes but after looking at Sideshow photos, I can kind of see where it goes

Thanks!

I wasn't sure how to place the combi-stick...I tried putting it on his backpack, but it keeps hitting his dreads.
There's also a strap thing...I wasn't sure where it goes but after looking at Sideshow photos, I can kind of see where it goes

Sure thing! :duff
Thanks for sharing pics.

It's not just the open ES that makes these a bad buy as collectibles. You gatta think to yourself, what does it cost SS to make one of these?. If PCS is able to make a 1:4 piece with just as much detail and complexity and sell them for under $300 and STILL make a profit. How does SS figure "we'll make it twice the size and sell them for 4x the price". Using PCS as a guage here, I'm predicting it cost SS roughly $300-$400 to produce each piece. With numbers like these they should be priced at $1000 max. I can't for the life of me understand how they decided on 2k as a respectable number for something like wolverine other than pure greed.

The only other thing I can think of is that they wanted to push CM out or get a piece of that market. But in my opinion SS is no CM. Nor have they produced pieces close to CM quality. I have both the 1:2 Ironmn and LSF Neytiri, and I don't believe they are actually worth the money asked for them. Ironman should have been priced at $1600 and Neytiri $800 at the most.

Even CM has started reducing prices on their pieces to $1600 just to get some orders in. Where does SS think their going at 2k??

I see 1 of 2 senarios playing out here. Ether SS will stop this line...or...start reducing the pricing. Since these are open ES though it doesn't cost them much to just keep the LSF moniker as they are made to order. They are more likely to start reducing the prices on future pieces just to get some orders in. They clearly started the line a little to umm..."enthusiastic".

Chris

It's funny going through these old threads. The things you learn about collecting.

What does the Wolf Pred go for these days? Are people still worried about the open ES?

Thoughts?

It's funny going through these old threads. The things you learn about collecting.

What does the Wolf Pred go for these days? Are people still worried about the open ES?

Thoughts?
I think this was the only open ES that they discontinued so it's probably not comparable to the rest of the legendary scale line.

Don't know if it's been pointed out, but how was Sideshow able to get netting with the proper diamond size on this piece and not on the P2 and upcoming P1 maquettes?

Back