Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok which one would you rather buy
Wolf lsf for $1800 with no ES or
Wolf lsf for $1800 with 500 ES :cuckoo:
Edition number only matters for people who intend to resell or to justify biting the bullet in buying a piece. Ive got alot of number edition items but i do not look at them thinking ____ yeah im 296 of 500. I think ____ yeah what an awesome piece i have on display. People should buy an item because they want to have it not just because countless other people havent.

All though i do realise it is a very real reason why people do buy things. I just do not buy things for that reason myself.

Last edited:
They left the whole line open because they are unsure about the sales on these and don't want to risk have a 100 of the big boxes sitting in the warehouse. Now that these are open I have no rush to buy them so I will wait until I can get one for $1,000 5 years down the road so it's really not a problem. You would think the more expensive the product the rarer it would be but nope, they did the Optimus Prime exclusive right though at least.

Well, they could wait to see how many put the order and then announce the ES just like they do with the other lines. I've seen a sideshow statue has TBD for weeks even months and then Sideshow decide what the ES is going to be, why can't they do the same thing with this LSF line?

Edition number only matters for people who intend to resell or to justify biting the bullet in buying a piece. Ive got alot of number edition items but i do not look at them thinking ____ yeah im 296 of 500. I think ____ yeah what an awesome piece i have on display. People should buy an item because they want to have it not just because countless other people havent.

All though i do realise it is a very real reason why people do buy things. I just do not buy things for that reason myself.

Well, when I buy statue I don't intend to sell but sometimes something could happen that makes you want or have to sell the statue whether it's space issue, money issue or simply you don't like that statue anymore because there are other new statues that just better than the one you bought. So if that happens, why would anyone want to sell their statue at a lot lower price than they paid? :dunno

111money-tiolet.gif

Because they dropped a bollock and shouldnt of bought it if they couldnt afford to own it. I am selling my Sideshow Wolf Bio Mask to somebody here. It is just about brand new and I am not asking for ebay prices i am asking for the average price it costs to buy any Berserker, Falconer and Tracker now. I just want it to go to a good home and get my money back after i have had the pleasure of owning it.

Because they dropped a bollock and shouldnt of bought it if they couldnt afford to own it. I am selling my Sideshow Wolf Bio Mask to somebody here. It is just about brand new and I am not asking for ebay prices i am asking for the average price it costs to buy any Berserker, Falconer and Tracker now. I just want it to go to a good home and get my money back after i have had the pleasure of owning it.

That's a great thing you do but, when a piece you want to sell goes below retail value, you can't get back what you paid. Meaning, if you want to sell, you have to take a loss.
That's why I'll take some profit while I can. After taking so many losses it's nice to get some of that back.

:goodpost: B'roh!

Although I never intend to sell anything from my collection(self-proclaimed), it'd be good if it would fetch the original, if not higher price. So yeah, both aspects have their advantages and disadvantages!! Its just a form of gamble IMO.

Cheers,
Neo.

actually for these open editions SS seems to improve on production as they go along.

I'm pretty sure the 1:2 IM has a thicker cast than the 1st batch.

No ex on wolf means I don't have to stay up at odd hours to get it and may even order from my local SS retailer and save me $ in shipping and taxes

win in my books.

I don't know if you have the CM, but I think the base is so much better and more elaborate then this wolf one, not even close. The Alien is basically the same color of the base, which is pretty lame. I think this will be 2k like the others, but I think the CM brings more bang for the buck at that price.

Btw- we still don't know what scale this is in, I don't think it would make much sense to have this in 1/3 scale when SS doesn't make anything in that scale, so ppl are going to have ask themselves if they will pay 2k for a 1/4 (is my guess for scale) piece with no ES. I think a lot will pass regardless how bad ass it looks.

Yeah I have the CM, I have compared some pics from the Con which have this Wolf next to the Iron Man 1:2 and it looks 1/4 scale, but with him standing on the Alien it looks like it will be the same height as the CM Pred. The CM base is beautiful, and I agree the Alien could be lying on something a bit more intricate.
No ex means I can pick it up locally and maybe save a couple of hundred bucks but I'd swap that for the limited edition of an EX.

So, there's a lot of details being thrown around about this piece. Unfortunately, there's still no official announcement from SSC.

This is what we know:

• Will be an open edition (not a limited, numbered LSF)
  • No EX version (every Wolf LSF will have the same pieces)
  • Shorter and smaller in size compared to the 40" Iron Man 1:2 LSF

Price=?
Release Date=?

Yeah I have the CM, I have compared some pics from the Con which have this Wolf next to the Iron Man 1:2 and it looks 1/4 scale, but with him standing on the Alien it looks like it will be the same height as the CM Pred. The CM base is beautiful, and I agree the Alien could be lying on something a bit more intricate.
No ex means I can pick it up locally and maybe save a couple of hundred bucks but I'd swap that for the limited edition of an EX.

This Wolf LSF certainly does appear to be 1/4. Consider that the figure itself is standing on a taller base than that of the Iron Man 1/2 LSF.
However, the pose has Wolf with knees bent so it's still difficult to say.

yea, with his knees bent, it's gonna be hard to tell true scale just based on height. The thickness of the body will be a good indicator, but we would have to wait for a in hand review to know that. I'm still sticking with 1/4 since the Predalien is 1/4 and SS rarely makes anything in 1/3, and Wolf would look tiny next to a 1:2 piece.

Isnt the predator in the movie 10' tall?

If that's the case shouldn't this thing be 2.5' tall?

And with the base would put it closer to 3' tall?

This doesn't look to be anywhere close to that.

Chris

So, there's a lot of details being thrown around about this piece. Unfortunately, there's still no official announcement from SSC.

This is what we know:

• Will be an open edition (not a limited, numbered LSF)
  • No EX version (every Wolf LSF will have the same pieces)
  • Shorter and smaller in size compared to the 40" Iron Man 1:2 LSF

Price=?
Release Date=?

shorter than or similar scale to wolverine LSF

Chris

Ian Whyte is 7'1" the mask sat a couple of inches over his head, plus shoes makes the Predator about 7'6".
1/4 scale makes it 22.5" which is what this looks like.

I don't think the height (scale) will change the price of this statue; with the extras and the very awesome base (half an Alien) then you can almost say that this very well may still be around the 2K range as the rest.

If Wolf is selling for $2000, count me out.

No way I would get this over the 1:2 Iron Man or Maul.
At least with those two, they "look" like they're worth $2K.

I'll reserve final judgement when we learn the official specs.

Chris

Ian Whyte is 7'1" the mask sat a couple of inches over his head, plus shoes makes the Predator about 7'6".
1/4 scale makes it 22.5" which is what this looks like.
Wolf the character was supposed to be nine feet tall, whereas the Predalien was supposed to be twelve...obviously the actors weren't that tall.

Back