Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to a rep. They are done when the rest of what they already made sells.

SSC told me a similar scenario when I spoke to them about the Maul LSF. They never said open edition meant these would be made until they just decided to say no more. I was told there was a set amount made by the factory.. when they are gone they are gone.. It's rumor here on the boards that there is no need to rush to get these because they are open editions so they will always be available. The Iron Man LSF is not the rule IMO....Not sure but didn't a similar situation happen with the C3PO life size bust. I think if you really want a Wolf Pred or a Maul get them sooner than later.. The amounts made and sold are not dictated by SSF speculation.. Remember there are buyers all over the world, and most are not here...:)

If and this is a big IF...thats the case. I can see a few years down the road, this becoming very sought after. It will be near impossible to get.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good display pedestal or table for this item ( prefer for under $100 ). I went to a few local places today and most of the items, I felt could not support the weight of the item or would not be stable enough. I do not want to spend $100's on a display pedestal but would like a decent table or stand to display this on. Any idea's?

If you have an IKEA near by you can buy 2 of these, they are called lack with casters and you have to built 2 of them together. I have 3 of them built and look nice with my LSF on them.

lack-side-table-on-casters__0115195_PE268418_S4_zps9a7b9e85.jpg

This is what it looks like:

tapatalk_1364783088447_zpsd0881cbb.jpg

Last edited:
What I would really like to see with the LSF line is something to make these pieces a little more "special" if they insist on having an open edition. Have the bases signed by the creator or designer or something. Throw in a COA...anything.

Honestly, that little something is missing from all LSF's theirs no urgency to order any of these pieces. Sorry, I don't believe for a second that their ending these pieces anytime soon. They may sell out of their initial batch, then they'll just put it on back-order until they get enough orders in like they do with everything else. No need to hurry guys.

But honesty, all they had to do is put an ES of 500-1000 on these and they would have sold....all of them....eventually. Instead, their sitting in their offices wondering why no one is placing orders for 2k pieces which could potentially be a dime a dozen from the collectors perspective. Just ridiculous business logic.

I could have kept orders for all these LSF's and placed one for Galactus and it wouldn't have bothered me one bit. Instead it cost SS 6k+ from me.

You know, Lamborghini recently unvalid it's 50th anniversary Veneno at a cost of 4.5 million each. They went up against Ferrari's new flagship "LaFerrari" and McLaren's new P1....both cars cost over 1 million ...both still available. You know why Lamborghini was able to sell all Veneno's before it even debuted to the public?...."exclusivity". They only made 3! So even with an insane price of 4.5 million they still sold. The car cost maybe a little more to produce than the standard Aventador, so selling them at 4.5 million would be equivalent to Lamborghini selling 30 Aventadors. They made the same amount of money and only had to produce 3 pieces.

My point here is, SS can charge whatever crazy price they want for these things that is equivalent to selling 500 pieces or more. As long as they make them exclusive with a respectable ES they WILL sell out. The collector wins as well and will feel like they have got something really special for the $$$ they dished out. This is what is missing with this line. This is why PCS pieces sell like hot cakes, Jerry understands what the collector is looking for and doesn't abuse it. If some people miss out on a piece or can't afford it at the time of release...hey...tough luck, that's just the way it go's. I'd love to buy a Veneno but I don't always get what I want.

Chris

What I would really like to see with the LSF line is something to make these pieces a little more "special" if they insist on having an open edition. Have the bases signed by the creator or designer or something. Throw in a COA...anything.

Honestly, that little something is missing from all LSF's theirs no urgency to order any of these pieces. Sorry, I don't believe for a second that their ending these pieces anytime soon. They may sell out of their initial batch, then they'll just put it on back-order until they get enough orders in like they do with everything else. No need to hurry guys.

But honesty, all they had to do is put an ES of 500-1000 on these and they would have sold....all of them....eventually. Instead, their sitting in their offices wondering why no one is placing orders for 2k pieces which could potentially be a dime a dozen from the collectors perspective. Just ridiculous business logic.

I could have kept orders for all these LSF's and placed one for Galactus and it wouldn't have bothered me one bit. Instead it cost SS 6k+ from me.

You know, Lamborghini recently unvalid it's 50th anniversary Veneno at a cost of 4.5 million each. They went up against Ferrari's new flagship "LaFerrari" and McLaren's new P1....both cars cost over 1 million ...both still available. You know why Lamborghini was able to sell all Veneno's before it even debuted to the public?...."exclusivity". They only made 3! So even with an insane price of 4.5 million they still sold. The car cost maybe a little more to produce than the standard Aventador, so selling them at 4.5 million would be equivalent to Lamborghini selling 30 Aventadors. They made the same amount of money and only had to produce 3 pieces.

My point here is, SS can charge whatever crazy price they want for these things that is equivalent to selling 500 pieces or more. As long as they make them exclusive with a respectable ES they WILL sell out. The collector wins as well and will feel like they have got something really special for the $$$ they dished out. This is what is missing with this line. This is why PCS pieces sell like hot cakes, Jerry understands what the collector is looking for and doesn't abuse it. If some people miss out on a piece or can't afford it at the time of release...hey...tough luck, that's just the way it go's. I'd love to buy a Veneno but I don't always get what I want.

Chris

Word! :lecture :goodpost:

Very well said Chris. SS, just put a number on the base...pretty simple.

A number and a COA. Common! The thing cost 2 Gs!
And I'm sorry to bring this up again, but also A C C U R A C Y! :lecture Get it right! Any collector that accuracy means something to them may be holding them back from buying as well! I'm one of them! Something obvious like the netting? How can you screw that up SS? :slap

Lol. I don't need a piece of paper or a marker on ANY of my statues. I'm not a fool. Guess what guys. I buy my statues because of the statue!!! Can you believe it. And your highly mistaking if you think they sold a ton of these. There is not many people in the world that have even like statues. Let alone would imagine spending $2000 on one. :slap
I've had friends tell me you couldn't give them one of these "things".

Lol. I don't need a piece of paper or a marker on ANY of my statues. I'm not a fool. Guess what guys. I buy my statues because of the statue!!! Can you believe it. And your highly mistaking if you think they sold a ton of these. There is not many people in the world that have even like statues. Let alone would imagine spending $2000 on one. :slap
I've had friends tell me you couldn't give them one of these "things".

What??....:dunno

Chris

Well I just got off the phone with SS and while he did not give me an exact # of these left he did say as far
as he knows the production on the Wolf is finished. So whatever is left is it. I just placed an order and should
have mine in May. I really didn't want to miss out on this it looks amazing. I will definitely say putting up a
low quantity alert on the newsletter had to move several of these much much faster. I believe if SS just put
on there site that there were 20 of these left it might take 2 weeks to sell them while if they had 20 and didn't
advertise, it would take months or longer.

Well I just got off the phone with SS and while he did not give me an exact # of these left he did say as far
as he knows the production on the Wolf is finished. So whatever is left is it. I just placed an order and should
have mine in May. I really didn't want to miss out on this it looks amazing. I will definitely say putting up a
low quantity alert on the newsletter had to move several of these much much faster. I believe if SS just put
on there site that there were 20 of these left it might take 2 weeks to sell them while if they had 20 and didn't
advertise, it would take months or longer.

:horror:horror:horror

I may have to take a hit on my CC to get this in the collection then. Idk man. Like others, I don't want to miss out.

Back