Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, maybe a better paint app..more intricate pose, netting and other fabric stuff...will an extra $400 not cover that? How about $500? $600? $800? Still no?

Alright..I guess they had no choice but to throw an extra ONE GRAND and two hundred dollars on it..

It just doesn't seem logical.

we all agree a good price would've been around $1500, I just don't see the point of ppl still bringing it up constantly. The Alien defn could've been around the $1k mark. With the netting, 2 switch out arms, other leather components, 2 switch out heads with dreads, an additional closed spear, and a a half torso Alien, if this ends up being 1/3 scale, I don't think very many ppl will be upset about the price as they are now.

Lets see... The original 1/4 Predator goes for $2000+. The CM goes for over $3000. So, if you don't think this 1/3 Wolf is worth the price go buy the $300 1/5th scale Predators maquettes.
What's your goal by coming here and telling us it's overpriced over and over and over again?
Are you guys trying to convince others not to buy it? Or are you trying to convince yourselves?

I think the problem stems from the fact that the price it hard on this one.

The groups of people posting in this thread include:

Want it, can afford it;

Want it, can't afford it;

Want it; but are disappointed with the price and will not buy it.

There's a potent mix of jealousy, envy and pretentious behaviour flying around.:(

:goodpost:

You spend a lot of time with little boys. No wonders you draw cartoons.

Yeah, bro. Don't feed them, bro. State your opinion and GTFO, bro. Ok, bro. Alright, bro. Epic story, bro.

Do you work for Dideshow? They can't seem to fix it either.
Like I said earlier about hypocrites. Got 'em that post childish remarks, but accusses people of being kids, ones that demand others stay off a thread (which even Dave cant do) and ones that fuel the stereotype of "newbs" "n00bs" or whatever they're calling new members nowadays, being stupid jumping into the middle of a discussion they know nothing about.

Again, why anyone sticks up for SSC on this, like they'll get browny points to redeem towards this, and start a flame war with other members voicing their opinions, is beyond me. But hey, if everyone wants to keep this childish BS up, then so be it. Infractions will get handed out and the thread gets closed. Will everyone be happy then?

Well maybe it's not such a good idea to call people delusional and say they don't have brains if they buy this. You brought it on yourself.

Lets see... The original 1/4 Predator goes for $2000+. The CM goes for over $3000. So, if you don't think this 1/3 Wolf is worth the price go buy the $300 1/5th scale Predators maquettes. What's your goal by coming here and telling us it's overpriced over and over and over again?
Are you guys trying to convince others not to buy it? Or are you trying to convince yourselves?

:goodpost:
Yes, they do..but they retailed at much lower. Because they are so incredibly rare today, some people are willing to pay a LOT more than what they're worth to get them. I would never spend two thousand dollars on the P1 maquette, nor would I spend three thousand dollars on the Cinemaquette.

No, It's not that I don't think he's worth the price. He ISN'T worth the price. If you compare him to several other pieces SS has released, you can easily see this.

My goal? I don't really have a goal. I'm not getting this statue, and I don't care if anyone else does. I was just discussing the reasons that this would need to be priced at two thousand dollars..comparing it to other collectibles SS has made..
If you can't handle people having negative opinions regarding this statue, then ignore them. They have every right to be disappointed with it.

buying an open edition statue to try and sell later on for profit :cuckoo:. Hope he doesn't mind holding on to it for 3-5 years more then likely.

Who knows...... I am thinking ppl will buy this one $2k in next two year, ss is selling this one with eBay price compare the cm and ss classic predator, I bit this will sold out faster then we thought, if so I will get one soon, we all doesn't like the price but we all love this statue no matter how we complain about it.
Plus I don't see much retailer is selling this one. So ss is keeping value up to $2k.

I don't see how bubble wrap or peanuts would make a difference since the statue is in styrofoam :dunno. I just want the reassurance that if it comes with any flaws or breaks that I can get a replacement or return it all together.

Well I mean id have the seller check it all out and what not, but id have him super pack it just to make sure it arrives safely in one piece at my house. Like I said, kinda taking a risk, but sometimes you just gotta go for it and hope it pays off ya kno?

we all agree a good price would've been around $1500, I just don't see the point of ppl still bringing it up constantly. The Alien defn could've been around the $1k mark. With the netting, 2 switch out arms, other leather components, 2 switch out heads with dreads, an additional closed spear, and a a half torso Alien, if this ends up being 1/3 scale, I don't think very many ppl will be upset about the price as they are now.

not to change the subject, and all the broke(back) complainers :lol. whos the hot gir (Avitar)

The fact that you can't undersand my 'silly little picture' that shows the scale of a figure based in a predetermined size doesn't mean the image is invalid or wrong. The majority of people over on Statue Forum understood it. My nephew is in grade 6 and when I showed him the picture he was also able to understand how I came up with the scale. So if a grade 6 can understand it and you (and some others here) can't, that just shows I am dealing with a bunch of children or uneducated adults here. And this time I am not hurling insults but stating fact.

Also no point in critisizing my earlier 'slam' if you are just going to do it also.

I think the pic you made on photoshop was pretty well done nakira

Unfortunately, by no fault of yours there are a few discrepancies due to Sideshow's approximations

1) The website measurements are approximations and almost never right and sometimes can be really far off

2) The height of the head is normally taken from the base to the highest point. Thus it would be taken to the tip of his dreadlock. So you would be missing 2 inches of the top of his head in measurement of height.

I have fell for this in the past as I made a photoshop of Punisher com from the Sideshow measurements which turned out to be not even close to the actual height. So although your PS is accurate, their measurements may be very far off.

I'm sure there will be more measurements done when he's up at comic-con this year so we can get a more accurate scale. Maybe someone may even bring an apple or....... an orange.

Last edited:
Yes, they do..but they retailed at much lower. Because they are so incredibly rare today, some people are willing to pay a LOT more than what they're worth to get them. I would never spend two thousand dollars on the P1 maquette, nor would I spend three thousand dollars on the Cinemaquette.

No, It's not that I don't think he's worth the price. He ISN'T worth the price. If you compare him to several other pieces SS has released, you can easily see this.

My goal? I don't really have a goal. I'm not getting this statue, and I don't care if anyone else does. I was just discussing the reasons that this would need to be priced at two thousand dollars..comparing it to other collectibles SS has made..
If you can't handle people having negative opinions regarding this statue, then ignore them. They have every right to be disappointed with it.

I think it IS worth the price. What are you comparing it to that supports your argument?
The $800 Big Chap Alien? That was sculpted in house which saves them $$. It also, is only 1/4 scale. Granted it's a large 1/4 scale but, there are no interchangeable heads and weapons. There's no extra Alien body lying on the base. All of which will add $$ to the final cost of the Wolf. Especially, the fact that ADI sculpted it. They get a percentage of each sale. And it's not like they already had molds lying around to just give Sideshow a casting. They were commissioned to sculpt it. Which cost even more $$.

How about comparing it to the $800 ADI Dog Alien. That was about 1/3 scale but, had a more simple sculpt. There was no added features. No extra half Alien on the base. Due to how thin the piece is it probably used much less polystone to cast. ADI already had the molds and a few castings made. Which made it easy for Sideshow to obtain a casting. Plus that was about 7 years ago when there was no recession.

Now lets compare it to the CM Predator. It's about the same scale. It has no electronics like the CM but the CM doesn't come with 2 heads and 2 weapons. The Wolf actually has 4 weapons if you include the rolled up whip and compact spear that get attached to him. Both have leather and fishnet. The 1 positive or negative the CM has is that it has rubber dreads. This looks good but, certain rubbers can degrade over time. The jury is still out on that. They both have elaborate bases but the Wolf wins with all the toys he has strapped to his body.
They seem pretty equal, to me. And both retailed for $2000.

I think it's funny that people are even saying that 1200 is an ok price. According to who? You see, it's all relative. It's also about what people are willing to pay.

I figure the Wolf P is also higher because it has Amalgamated Dynamics tied to it. The Alien was sculpted by Gore Group.

EDIT: I shouldn't have skipped over the small book you wrote, DP. You basically said what I just did. Doh!

I think it's funny that people are even saying that 1200 is an ok price. According to who? You see, it's all relative. It's also about what people are willing to pay.

I figure the Wolf P is also higher because it has Amalgamated Dynamics tied to it. The Alien was sculpted by Gore Group.

EDIT: I shouldn't have skipped over the small book you wrote, DP. You basically said what I just did. Doh!

Lol..i had high brain activity this morning. It was good preperation for me to learn this new machinery at my job today.

I think it IS worth the price. What are you comparing it to that supports your argument?
The $800 Big Chap Alien? That was sculpted in house which saves them $$. It also, is only 1/4 scale. Granted it's a large 1/4 scale but, there are no interchangeable heads and weapons. There's no extra Alien body lying on the base. All of which will add $$ to the final cost of the Wolf. Especially, the fact that ADI sculpted it. They get a percentage of each sale. And it's not like they already had molds lying around to just give Sideshow a casting. They were commissioned to sculpt it. Which cost even more $$.

How about comparing it to the $800 ADI Dog Alien. That was about 1/3 scale but, had a more simple sculpt. There was no added features. No extra half Alien on the base. Due to how thin the piece is it probably used much less polystone to cast. ADI already had the molds and a few castings made. Which made it easy for Sideshow to obtain a casting. Plus that was about 7 years ago when there was no recession.

Now lets compare it to the CM Predator. It's about the same scale. It has no electronics like the CM but the CM doesn't come with 2 heads and 2 weapons. The Wolf actually has 4 weapons if you include the rolled up whip and compact spear that get attached to him. Both have leather and fishnet. The 1 positive or negative the CM has is that it has rubber dreads. This looks good but, certain rubbers can degrade over time. The jury is still out on that. They both have elaborate bases but the Wolf wins with all the toys he has strapped to his body.
They seem pretty equal, to me. And both retailed for $2000.

:exactly: :goodpost: i didnt know Cm Predator cost 2000$ lol Wolf is waY better than Cm Predator as per statue i m talking like interchangeble head n all weapons its really nice.....

:exactly: :goodpost: i didnt know Cm Predator cost 2000$ lol Wolf is waY better than Cm Predator as per statue i m talking like interchangeble head n all weapons its really nice.....

I like cm batter, it's bigger and true 1/3 and has led light and real water on the base. Wolf do have great pose but is smaller and doesn't have any light include.
Btw , I heard some people order this statue and shipping cost $150???? Is that true ?

Back