Witcher 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This game rocks. I've found it difficult to get into RPG's lately but I'm loving this. Love the combat and use of magic and potions. Graphics are amazing too.

I'm enjoying it too. I've just reached a point where a big decision has to be made. The story's engaging (if a little confusing) and the action is fun once you start to understand it. I'm definitely going to take the swordsman route and skimp on magic. The signs are just an aid anyways. I'll probably level up Quen and that's about it. I'm loving bombs too. They're effective and I can make them whenever I need them. Good stuff.

I'm having a hard time getting into this. I don't care much for the controls and the voice acting...especially Geralt....it's so monotone. I'm still in Chapter 1 so I will give it a bit more time...but I do hope it gets better. The story does seem interesting and the visuals are nice....I just can't get over the bland acting.

I've learned that putting points into Swordsman and anything that boosts Geralt's agility really helps in combat.

You should really make sure that you're always moving around in combat, never stay still. And roll, roll, ROLL.

I'm having a hard time getting into this. I don't care much for the controls and the voice acting...especially Geralt....it's so monotone. I'm still in Chapter 1 so I will give it a bit more time...but I do hope it gets better. The story does seem interesting and the visuals are nice....I just can't get over the bland acting.

That is how Geralt is though. He was like that in the books, and was like that in Witcher 1. It's not bad voice acting if it's his personality.

Im really enjoying this. The longer I play, the more I dig it. I personally like the writing and VO work alot. More than just about any other game in fact. :hi5:

That is how Geralt is though. He was like that in the books, and was like that in Witcher 1. It's not bad voice acting if it's his personality.

An unemotional and bland personality, I guess is what he has.:lol I'm just spoiled by games like Mass Effect that to me had amazing VO work. His "personality" makes it difficult for me to really even care about anything he is doing.

Oh well...different strokes for different folks, as they say. I know a lot of people have been really looking forward to this game - and I hope they are all enjoying it. I think I may switch to Kingdoms of Amalur that is still unopened. I really just don't know if I can finish Witcher...I'm just bored to tears to with it.

One thing that is bugging me. Quest markers. A lot of them dont have one. Not a big deal sometimes, but I spent 30 minutes today trying to find a guy so I could turn a quest in. That's lame. There's other examples where I wasted a good amount of time trying to find something that a marker would've solved lickity split. Maybe I'm spoiled, but when I play, I dont want to waste time trying to figure out where the quest is....or where the turn in is.

An unemotional and bland personality, I guess is what he has.:lol I'm just spoiled by games like Mass Effect that to me had amazing VO work. His "personality" makes it difficult for me to really even care about anything he is doing.

Oh well...different strokes for different folks, as they say. I know a lot of people have been really looking forward to this game - and I hope they are all enjoying it. I think I may switch to Kingdoms of Amalur that is still unopened. I really just don't know if I can finish Witcher...I'm just bored to tears to with it.

TBH, I dont think Shepard had that big a personality. The main character in these kinds of games are often stoic and or flat IMO

TBH, I dont think Shepard had that big a personality. The main character in these kinds of games are often stoic and or flat IMO

True. I guess the devolopers expect the player to "inject" their own personality into a character they are playing so they make them have as little personality as they can without making them robotic. I guess its an immersion thing.
I'm digging the complexity of witcher 2. Very involved game. Almost too much to do. I like that level of detail in my games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Really? Interesting. Obviously we feel very differently about these games. Now, I always played as the female Sheperd and I thought the actress who did her voice was amazing and did a great job of expressing different emotions.

Really? Interesting. Obviously we feel very differently about these games. Now, I always played as the female Sheperd and I thought the actress who did her voice was amazing and did a great job of expressing different emotions.

Interesting indeed. I've seen the male and female Shepard and neither were particularly emotional IMO. The story was and other characters were, but Shepard...not so much. Further proof that two people are incapable of agreeing on anything LOL.

One thing that is bugging me. Quest markers. A lot of them dont have one. Not a big deal sometimes, but I spent 30 minutes today trying to find a guy so I could turn a quest in. That's lame. There's other examples where I wasted a good amount of time trying to find something that a marker would've solved lickity split. Maybe I'm spoiled, but when I play, I dont want to waste time trying to figure out where the quest is....or where the turn in is.

Same here; when you do the one side quest the marker isnt there; in the Spider queen one (forget name), he appears as a quest marker - once I spent an hour looking for him.

Game is good, but stupid with the little stuff on occasion. One thing is clear, the devs make you work for it...

Is anyone else having a weird issue with combat where Geralt stops mid swing? You hit the button to swing (strong or quick), Geralt begins his swing animation and then just stops for no reason. I get it all the time and it's really irritating. I have to quickly roll to safety because Geralt has changed his mind and decided on is own not to swing and is now standing there like an idiot.

I've yet to figure out a consistent way to string a combo together. Weak or strong strikes, he seems to swing whenever he feels like it. Sometimes I'll get a nice, smooth combo of three or four swings together, but I have no idea how it happens.

Sorry you're not happy with it Jen, feel some what responseable in that I fueled the hype train that you got on.
With all the awards and acclaim it got from critics and hardcore rpgers I thought it would be a sure thing with you.
Maybe you can recoup some off the money by selling your copy to me?
Do agree Cmdr Shepard(male) and the ME series had good voice acting.
Seeing that you liked Skyrim who's protagonist has no real dialog other than shouts I'd think Witcher would at least be a small step up.
If Witcher2 had just dialog trees would that make it better or is is it something more?

Back