Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-King Maquette

I liked that the LSB of the ringwraith and the Witch King had the same pose, but hopefully any future maquette won't look like Jay Leno :lol

I just hope the Trueform version is the same pose as this one. One to show how he looked to Frodo on Weathertop, and one to show how he looked to the rest of the Hobbits.

I was thinking/hoping the exact same thing myself. :duff

That would be fine by me but I expect some won't be as happy that they went with the same pose.

Great minds think alike. I think a true form / twillight Witchking in the same pose as a companion piecewould be fantastic.

In fact, in my very first post on this site, I touched on the possibility of a Twillight / true form Shades of Mordor dio, something I wish that Sideshow had considered...:monkey2

Hi all, new member to the site and first post...Sideshow has done variant pieces from time to time, most often via a new paint scheme or a faux bronze finish...but I just had an idea for a true variant version of this dio...."Twillight Shades of Mordor"!!! How cool would it be to have the same dio design wise, but with a different paint scheme and a different depiction of the wraiths?!!!

Sorry if my first post is rambling, just excited about this piece and about my first post!

Yeah, they can't please everyone. And whichever way they choose to go, there will end up being a raging debate as to which would have been the "better" pose. ;)

Yeah, that's going to be awesome. No doubt the pose police will be all over it. :lol The "it's not iconic enough" or "it fails to capture the essence" factions are going to make it close, but my money's on the "it's too action-oriented" crowd. :lecture :monkey3

This is only the 1st of several Witch-king incarnations we are going to see. SS has already told us maquettes of the Morgul Lord and Witch-King in Trueform will be produced somewhere down the road.

Wow. Really? You, sir, just made my day. :)

Wow. Really? You, sir, just made my day. :)

I'm just passing on what SS's already told us. :)

Friday, January 14th, 2011

Question : Regarding the new LOTR maquette line, does Sideshow [within it's licencing agreement] have the ability to produce a 1/6 scale Morgul Lord maquette? If so, can collectors expect to see the iconic outstretched arms pose we have all been hoping for in that line? A lot of us believe this would be the “ultimate version” of the Morgul Lord, and would perfectly capture his “essence”. That is after all, the idea behind the new maquette line, isn’t it?

Answer : The Morgul Lord is a completely viable candidate for the statue series, which is indeed intended to capture each character’s “essence”. We will share your feedback with the design team

Tuesday, January 11th, 2011

Question : Is there a chance of seeing a Twilight Wraith in Premium Format, whether the Witchking or one of the other Ringwraiths? Same thing for the maquette line – could it appear in that form?

Answer : Yes, the Twilight Ringwraith is a real possibility for the PF line, but not an actively planned product. He’s more likely to appear in the statue series first.

OK, I don't want to be a downer, but those quotes don't really promise anything. They only say that we are "likely" to see a Twilight Ringwraith in the maquette line. Like you, I want to hope for more, but I won't allow myself to get my hopes up until we have some more concrete info. :peace

Put me down for one of these:

Witchking.jpg

For me, spectral figures like the Twilight Witch-King and the King of the Dead don't translate quite as well into statue reality without the atmospheric effects seen in the films. When you take them out of context, they don't have quite the same impact as they do when semi-transparent on film, for example. I will still probably buy one if they make it, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

OK, I don't want to be a downer, but those quotes don't really promise anything. They only say that we are "likely" to see a Twilight Ringwraith in the maquette line. Like you, I want to hope for more, but I won't allow myself to get my hopes up until we have some more concrete info. :peace

Based on how things are going and SS enthusiasm for this line after talking at Comic-Con I think its a safe bet. Basically, what I'm saying is that I think they know we love where things are going and they're having a lot of fun doing this line so if they say in a Q&A things could happen chances are they will.

Hey, last time I looked the only two guarantees in life are death and taxes. :lecture And SS didn't say he was likely, they said "He’s more likely to appear in the statue series first"....ie odds are we'll see the maquette before we see a PF. :)

I was hoping for the helmed version, but this one is still awesome.

Now we need a Frodo to go with it.

I was hoping for the helmed version, but this one is still awesome.

Now we need a Frodo to go with it.

Frodo will be paired up with Sam so regardless of which WK version it is, I don't see it matching up favourably with a Frodo/Sam maquette. Besides, that's already beeen done [and extremely well] in the form of the excl. Shades of Mordor dio.

Previewed on the Spook page is that this maquette will be announced I assume during Spook. :rock

Definitely can't wait to see what this looks like and what the exclusive will be.

Yeah, I'm curious as well. Just looking forward to getting another maquette in line to make its way into the collection is always awesome.

Back