1/6 Will you keep collecting Star Wars figures post-Skywalker era?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you keep collecting Star Wars figures post-Skywalker era?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 40 33.3%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Decide on a character-by-character basis

Votes: 41 34.2%

• Total voters
i thought it was common knowledge why he was young as a force ghost. Lucas said that a Jedi's "Force Ghost" is the image the Jedi had of themselves when they died and that Anakin died when he became Darth Vader. Obi Wan died when he was old. So did Luke and Yoda. that's why they appear old. so if Luke appears again he will be old.

i thought it was common knowledge why he was young as a force ghost. Lucas said that a Jedi's "Force Ghost" is the image the Jedi had of themselves when they died and that Anakin died when he became Darth Vader.

Anakin died when Luke took his mask off. He was himself and "saved" at that point, he said so himself. If Lucas actually believed in his own revisions when making ROTJ he could have just filmed an actor who looked like a young Sebastian Shaw for the ghost scene.

While I'm not averse to the Hayden addition, I still appreciate the Seb Shaw version. I even still have my Hasbro Masterpiece Edition Anakin!

(Ironically this must be one of the few characters, if not the only one, that has gone from canon to Legends rather than the other way round)

91vYgS5mOlL._SL1500_.jpg

s-l1600.gif

star-wars-masterpiece-edition-anakin_1_1207d498ed2890c60d30252cd7b2cb08.jpg

I was never particularly impressed with Shaw in the Vader costume but he worked in ghost form and was a heck of a lot better than Hayden. He's Khev canon approved, lol.

Anakin died when Luke took his mask off. He was himself and "saved" at that point, he said so himself. If Lucas actually believed in his own revisions when making ROTJ he could have just filmed an actor who looked like a young Sebastian Shaw for the ghost scene.

the way i understood it from what Lucas said was Vader was still Vader when he died, he was no longer Anakin. that's where Lucas decided he made a mistake to show him as Sebastian. Luke even burned him in the Vader suit which was symbolic. Anakin turned sith and died on Mustafar and the woredrobe he was wearing as a ghost was his Jedi outfit which means the last time he was a true Jedi was when he was 'that' Anakin in that Jedi outfit. The Mustufar Anakin was wearing the black outfit. Vader died in Luke's arms, not Anakin.

Actually he turned Sith immediately after Windu's demise. People tend to forget he was called Darth Vader for a short period before he actually donned the armor:

Darth_Vader__Sith_Apprentice.jpg

Yes, that's what i meant, he turned Sith then died on Mustafar.

Ahh gotcha.

If you wanted to get technical you probably could say he didn't fully turn until he started slaughtering the Separatist leaders. He had Sith eyes by then but was still shedding a tear.

Changing Jedi ghosts so that they revert back to who they were the split second before turning evil is weird even for George. So what would have happened if a guy like Palpatine who had been evil his whole life turned good right before he died? He'd appear as a smiling Force baby? A little floating Force sperm cell? lol

Changing Jedi ghosts so that they revert back to who they were the split second before turning evil is weird even for George. So what would have happened if a guy like Palpatine who had been evil his whole life turned good right before he died? He'd appear as a smiling Force baby? A little floating Force sperm cell? lol

He was never a Jedi. The Sith had their own way of becoming a spirit after death but we never saw it in any movie.....yet.

I did like the concept of Palpatine's essence possessing a new clone body (in the Dark Empire comics). Maybe we'll see it with Snoke? After all he's been dead before.

Yeah I've always liked the Dark Empire comics. Since TLJ borrowed Force Projection from them I wouldn't mind if Episode IX dabbled in Clone Emperors/Snokes. I mean obviously it's pretty corny but it could be fun to see in the post-Luke Skywalker era.

:exactly:

The whole "Anakin's spirit died when he first turned into Vader" thing to me sounds more like a case of "I have to think of a better, more interesting reason why Hayden was shoehorned in rather than just to simply connect the OT to the PT." If Lucas genuinely believed in that reason, you'd think he would have made Anakin's Force Ghost young to begin with.

I'd be more sold on it if the reason was because that was Anakin's last full form when he had all of his limbs. He died as Anakin Skywalker on the DS, but was basically a cyborg. Therefore, no "old" version of him in which he had a full body. :lol

:exactly:

The whole "Anakin's spirit died when he first turned into Vader" thing to me sounds more like a case of "I have to think of a better, more interesting reason why Hayden was shoehorned in rather than just to simply connect the OT to the PT." If Lucas genuinely believed in that reason, you'd think he would have made Anakin's Force Ghost young to begin with.

I'd be more sold on it if the reason was because that was Anakin's last full form when he had all of his limbs. He died as Anakin Skywalker on the DS, but was basically a cyborg. Therefore, no "old" version of him in which he had a full body. :lol

He definitely changed it to connect the Prequels to the original movies. The funny thing is Hayden said in an interview Lucas didn't tell him he was going to do it. He said he would have acted differently if he knew it was for that scene. I dont think Lucas had this idea when he made ROTJ because he had no intention of making new movies after it therefore there was no young Anakin actor that would make sense to fill that role because there would be no connection. If we saw some young guy just standing there we never saw before, it would be pretty odd. So seeing old Anakin made sense at that time.

Personally I would love to have seen his original ending, after Vader dies, Luke puts on the Vader mask and turns into Vader and goes to kill the rebels. This is why I thought TLJ treated Luke perfectly because he was flawed, the dark side was strong inside him and he was constantly battling it and the only way he could stop it was to shut himself off from all of it. :)

I'm not sure what Lucas' intentions were when it comes to actually making the films beyond the OT, but he obviously knew that ANH - RotJ were the IV - VI installments in the series. Regarding Anakin, I could see Lucas' inclination to want to connect the OT to the PT, but his rationale for it didn't make sense to me. To me it just kind of seemed obvious he just simply came up with a more "interesting" reason as opposed to the obvious reason.

I personally wouldn't have liked that RotJ ending, I thought it was fine as is. I feel that would have been more out of character for him in terms of his OT arc even more so than what people feel he was out of character in TLJ. I'm like you where I personally liked his arc in the ST because a large amount of time had passed and based on his experiences, it led him to where he was, which I felt was reasonable. However, whereas you feel that he always had the Dark Side within him, I actually feel it's quite the opposite that caused him to become the way he is. I felt that he despised and feared the Dark Side so much, that it caused him to become paranoid and nearly become dark in a desperate attempt to keep it away from him and cause strain on the other members of his family.

I'm not sure what Lucas' intentions were when it comes to actually making the films beyond the OT, but he obviously knew that ANH - RotJ were the IV - VI installments in the series. Regarding Anakin, I could see Lucas' inclination to want to connect the OT to the PT, but his rationale for it didn't make sense to me. To me it just kind of seemed obvious he just simply came up with a more "interesting" reason as opposed to the obvious reason.

I personally wouldn't have liked that RotJ ending, I thought it was fine as is. I feel that would have been more out of character for him in terms of his OT arc even more so than what people feel he was out of character in TLJ. I'm like you where I personally liked his arc in the ST because a large amount of time had passed and based on his experiences, it led him to where he was, which I felt was reasonable. However, whereas you feel that he always had the Dark Side within him, I actually feel it's quite the opposite that caused him to become the way he is. I felt that he despised and feared the Dark Side so much, that it caused him to become paranoid and nearly become dark in a desperate attempt to keep it away from him and cause strain on the other members of his family.

Yes, I am not saying I agree with what he did, but I am just going off things that I have read and interviews I have watched with him on why he made so many changes. He seemed to never be satisfied with any of the movies. He felt rushed and had to worry about hollywood execs too much who were funding the films. He worried about that all the time, really more so that most directors tend to reveal. Then he wasn't agreeing with his friends and family on how the movies should go and he winds up firing them.

Regarding Hayden, I was thinking about this, I wonder how the public would have felt if the Prequels were a huge massive hit that everyone loved and we all thought the actor who played Anakin was amazing, then if he changed old Anakin to new Anakin would people be as upset? Obviously we will never know, but just was thinking about that.^^

I think ROTJ ended great and I loved it. I loved the ewoks, I had stuffed animals of them^^. But now that it was revealed that Luke might have became Vader, Han might have died in the middle of it, I find myself wondering what that might have been like :)

It is painfully obvious, that Lucas shoehorned Hayden in as a ghost, to tie the OT to the PT "It's like poetry". The only time Anakin was wearing those robes in the PT, was at the end of Phantom Menace on the disco ball stage. That, the unnecessary extra Boba Fett in various scenes, and the horrible "Noooooo" were the 3 worst aspects of the Special Edition OT.
But to the poll, I voted No.
Not because I don't like anything other than the OT. I enjoy it all, because it's Star Wars. In fact, for me it's not really about OT vs PT vs ST vs beyond. It's about the collection. In my opinion, a collection is a collection because it has a point. Otherwise, it's basically hoarding. For my collection, I only collect figures/characters that I have a nostalgia for, so even if I thought the new sequels were much better than the OT, there is no nostalgia there for me, so I won't own them.
Otherwise, the collection gets way too big, I spend way too much money, and the shelves stop looking like a collection... instead they start looking more like crowded ToysRUs shelves.
Same could be said for the Marvel characters/movies, DC characters/movies, etc....

Back