1/6 Will you keep collecting Star Wars figures post-Skywalker era?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you keep collecting Star Wars figures post-Skywalker era?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 40 33.3%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Decide on a character-by-character basis

Votes: 41 34.2%

• Total voters
Wait and see. If I dig it I dig it. If not who cares. Us vs Them is landing this forum in the gutter

With unlimited funds I would have definitely bought the Rouge One Gang....
TLJ Luke

I ready have Kylo and Rey & BB8.
BUT...

My first priority is the OT figures I want....when I bought the ST stuff, the OT things I wanted were not out yet, so my figure budget went to those two....

Now , I have 2 of my OT wants coming online this year...Jedi Luke, and The Emperor. Add that to my Vader, C3po and R2, and all I need is ESB Han, A Leia (really hoping for a Slave Leia) but may get Hoth Leia in a bit.

Then if HT can actually make a decent Chewie, my main wants are complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely won't be collecting any future Star Wars figures. I hope that HT continues feeding us a steady stream of OT figures to collect because after TLJ, I'm done with the new ones.

For me it just depends on the characters. I'm iffy about the future of Star Wars since, like a lot of people I grew up with Star Wars and Luke was always my favorite and the main reason I was interested. It'll be weird without that constant, I found Rogue One to be uninteresting and unnecessary, and I'm not all that hyped about Solo either.

But, if the future movies are good, and the characters are strong, then I'll pick something up. I loved TLJ and am curious, even if I'm skeptical, to see what Rian Johnson will do with an almost blank canvas.

I will if the movies are good, but certainly no more from the ST. I loved Rogue One due to the nostalgia and would buy the whole cast if produced. The new bad guy in Solo (supposedly) looks pretty cool. Like a cross between a tusken raider and the motorcycle guys in fury road. Hopefully he doesn't get thrown into a trash compactor after doing nothing.

It seems the main purpose of this new trilogy is to kill off the OT characters. Who's going to die next? R2-D2 and C-3PO?

It seems the main purpose of this new trilogy is to kill off the OT characters. Who's going to die next? R2-D2 and C-3PO?

Wouldn't be surprised if they did. With the comically inept First Order, they'll probably have to kill themselves, though.

The only Star Wars film or films I'd be interested in seeing after Episode IX seeing are ones starring Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

From here on out, it's just Lucas Era characters for me (Episodes I-IV)....

Like a few here I've just got to put limits on the hobby; that and Star wars has kind of slipped into the background of my life. If a character design comes along that is creative enough though I'd probably bite...if the price isn't too hard to swallow.

OT characters will always be my focus (where's Lando & Lobot?!) but if there are cool characters that appeal from subsequent movies and tv series ill invest in them.

I always decide on a Character basis. That they are Star Wars based is a pro, but i'm not going to pay $300 (yes thats how expensive a Hot Toy is in the Netherlands) for a character i don't like, just because it's Star Wars.

For people sticking to a certain era i understand the choice, but otherwise it's best to keep an open mind ;)

I always decide on a Character basis. That they are Star Wars based is a pro, but i'm not going to pay $300 (yes thats how expensive a Hot Toy is in the Netherlands) for a character i don't like, just because it's Star Wars.

For people sticking to a certain era i understand the choice, but otherwise it's best to keep an open mind ;)

Why would anyone want to do that? :lol

Definitely case by case. I decided to concentrate on OT only a little while back due to the costs but like many on here I’m keeping the old eu as my cannon and the new stuff is just a whatever.
I dug rogue one and would buy more from that and maybe from more new if I like it but honestly I really doubt it now. Ot and maybe a select eu/pt bits and I’m done.
As I say when they were $50 it was a bit different and I would buy pretty much anything now....not so much

I just buy the figures that I want. I don't have any "rules". I like Rey, Kylo and the guards from TLJ so I'm buying them.

Case by case. Depends on whether I like the character or not. I've been enjoying the ST and the characters so I've been getting figures from those movies. However, I really didn't connect with anyone in RO so I skipped figures from that one even though I liked the character designs. I liked how they looked, but there was just no emotional tie to them.

But like many here, the OT is my main focus, specifically Han. So I'll most likely get at least an Alden Solo from the new movie.

Focus is on OT. Got a few FA figs and Sideshow Clones, Grievous etc. I would love legends figures. Legends Han, Luke, Leia, Mara, Anakin, Jaina, Jacen, Thrawn. And Old Republic figs. My SS Malgus feels so alone.

Focus is on SW. But since older figures are expensive, I won't go through any specific order. For now, I have figures form TFA, RO and a preorder from ESB.

Back