1/6 Will You Buy the Sideshow Temple of Doom Indiana Jones Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will You Be Adding This Indy to Your Collection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah that Snake portrait desperately needs a repaint. Although it's not exactly the best lighting or video quality in that clip, so it may not be the fairest way to judge it.

If sideshow works so close with hot toys, let them use their paintfactory

Best,

Robert

If sideshow works so close with hot toys, let them use their paintfactory

Best,

Robert

If only it were that easy, the Chinese manufactures seem to be racist and rip off Foreign markets, let me find the quote about it, kinda would explain why Sideshow's paint apps lose detail from prototype to final product. Quote:

Something to keep in mind. . . the Chinese do not respect foreigners. . . or at the very least, the Chinese factory owners will NOT give foreign manufacturers the same quality they give their fellow Chinese manufacturers.

At my current job, part of our product line is display packaging and our buyer deals with China frequently, I've talked with him about it. He backs up what I've long suspected, that the factories are actively trying to screw you over. You ask the factory to send you a sample, and it's great, then you pay them thousands for the production and the product falls apart when you get it. I've read in other entrepreneur forums, and how to deal with China, and it's expected to haggle back and forth, and just walk away and make the factory chase after you to make the deal. Too many small US companies are begging to get their stuff made in China, and the factories are taking advantage. Budget Stark said it in one of his videos, the Chinese are racist. They just won't give foreigners the same quality.

I hate to see the prices Sideshow is charging now, and I won't pay it, I would if there were more accessories or if I felt there was some value there, but I understand what they go through as far as manufacturing goes. My experience tells me that even if Sideshow went to DID's factory or Hot Toys' factory, the resulting product wouldn't be of equivalent quality. I will anxiously await Rook's photos of Hoth Han, but I'll be amazed if Sideshow can match a Chinese manufacturer's quality. It will certainly be a first.

The more I read that quote the more it seems true to me and will explain any bad paint apps on future releases.

THATs depressing news, but makes perfect sense. If the Chinese factories are intentionally screwing over foreign markets, and SS supposedly has such close ties to HT, why doesn't Howard make the deal with the factory on SS's behalf? Could it be that deep down, he's just as big an a-hole as the factory owners?

THATs depressing news, but makes perfect sense. If the Chinese factories are intentionally screwing over foreign markets, and SS supposedly has such close ties to HT, why doesn't Howard make the deal with the factory on SS's behalf? Could it be that deep down, he's just as big an a-hole as the factory owners?

Its not beyond reason, but we will never know only Howard and Hot Toys knows for sure. It is really depressing but maybe SS should just stay in house and charge more to have a great American factory make these figures.

TOD is my favorite Indy flick and this figure looks pretty dang good. But he's a pass. only need one Indy. The HT one will do for now.

I think it works both ways. In the western world we want chinese prices, but in return i guess the've come ro realize that since they aren't making western money, why work your ass off. Coming to think of it, my wifes father lives in surinam. He says that he never buys his rooftops from chinese vendors because overall the quality is less. They use cheaper resources to make thing like roofing but the roof declines within 5 years whilst western lasts 20 years in the tropics. Chinese safety rules are not up to western standards.

Damn from figure paints to roofs lol. Back on topic, i hope sideshow gets the right paintfactory. Perhaps they should take their business to India?

Best,

Robert

I think it works both ways. In the western world we want chinese prices, but in return i guess the've come ro realize that since they aren't making western money, why work your ass off. Coming to think of it, my wifes father lives in surinam. He says that he never buys his rooftops from chinese vendors because overall the quality is less. They use cheaper resources to make thing like roofing but the roof declines within 5 years whilst western lasts 20 years in the tropics. Chinese safety rules are not up to western standards.

Damn from figure paints to roofs lol. Back on topic, i hope sideshow gets the right paintfactory. Perhaps they should take their business to India?

Best,

Robert

Don't forget the whole Chinese Mcnugget thing too that happened a month ago :wink1: What do they need for a good factory? Especially for paint apps? While keeping production costs low? I don't know anything that goes into making these figures so my guess is as good as anyone else.

If what is being said about the Chinese factories is true I find that very disturbing and disheartening. It stands to reason that if a company is not getting the quality they are expecting that they'd shop elsewhere. It's a global market. Plenty of other places to do business. Or as someone said, keep it in-house, or stateside. Collectors are already proving with the XM pieces that they are willing to shell out more money for a higher quality product.

I'm really excited about this, I preordered it the second it went up! I'm a big TOD fan it my favorite one and this sculpt and paint apps blew me away. It's the best indiana jones to hit so why on earth wouldn't I preorder? I think it's going to be killer personally

If what is being said about the Chinese factories is true I find that very disturbing and disheartening. It stands to reason that if a company is not getting the quality they are expecting that they'd shop elsewhere. It's a global market. Plenty of other places to do business. Or as someone said, keep it in-house, or stateside. Collectors are already proving with the XM pieces that they are willing to shell out more money for a higher quality product.

Do you know how much these would cost if they were manufactured here? So many things are made in China because the quality is OK, for the most part, and it's been very, VERY, profitable for companies. No regulations, or very few of them, to speak of and Chinese workers get paid peanuts.

Don't forget the whole Chinese Mcnugget thing too that happened a month ago :wink1: What do they need for a good factory? Especially for paint apps? While keeping production costs low? I don't know anything that goes into making these figures so my guess is as good as anyone else.

The McNugget story had nothing on the chicken leg story. They're a deep-fry snack there but some dude got some that had been frozen for 40 years, dipped them in bleach to make them look fresher, and tried to sell them as fresh.:lol

The McNugget story had nothing on the chicken leg story. They're a deep-fry snack there but some dude got some that had been frozen for 40 years, dipped them in bleach to make them look fresher, and tried to sell them as fresh.:lol

:yuck damn missed the story on that one, well thank you for reminding me to never eat in China yikes!

I really want this to turn out great. Love Indy. I am not holding my breath though. I was really excited about Nathan Drake and look how that fiasco turned out.

What does sideshow have to say about drake? Has someone stepped forward like a polititian and said 'sorry, we'll do better next time'. Or did they just say: 'i'm not a crook'

Best,

Robert

What does sideshow have to say about drake? Has someone stepped forward like a polititian and said 'sorry, we'll do better next time'. Or did they just say: 'i'm not a crook'

Best,

Robert

1358583645_sounds_of_silence_20_full_relaxed_audiotrax.jpg

Back