1/6 Will You Buy the Sideshow Temple of Doom Indiana Jones Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will You Be Adding This Indy to Your Collection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope. I would only get a Last Crusade or Raiders Indy. I haven't seen one to get yet. And thinking about it, I just remembered that I owned a vintage Indy figure when I was young. I recalled the jacket. I will say that the Sideshow prototype looks really good. A lot better than the one Hot Toys released some time ago.

I love the likeness for the most part. But I'll hold off for a possible Last Crusade version. Also, it might have been said one too many times, but the price is pretty nuts. Had it a jacket, I think I would have jumped in. Feels a little light.

No doubt about it - this is a pretty lean figure release for $230. It's a steal compared to Luke X-Wing though. Cold comfort I know.

3914-indiana-jones-temple-of-doom-017.jpg

2132-luke-skywalker-red-five-x-wing-pilot-014.jpg

$230? That's too much unless I really liked everything about it, or otherwise it had enough items to make it add up. But I don't, and it doesn't.

So on second thought, I will pass unless it goes on sale/clearance. I don't like the bloody face-- it feels overdone like they're trying to hide the sculpt or something.

Also I think about the Drake-gate situation before even being reminded.

I think we all just have to face it that $230+ is the new normal for Sideshow SW and Indy figures thanks to the new Disney deal.

9fde09e26c52bb0d7307e7b2c005450d79f79db8d05f4e669170d96c36bb5cda.jpg

It's a tough pill to swallow. Just a few short years ago I was paying this much for a PF.

Indy is one of the icons and if you're posting in the Indy forum, you're probably a fan.
The price can be swallowed for an Indy figures and then Sideshow can simply be ignored for everything else. :banana

I pre-ordered.

And while I'm hoping beyond hope that it turns out like the proto ... I have my doubts.

I totally understand that protos almost always look better than factory product. I get it. That's the nature of the hand-crafted prototype. I expect there to be some fall-off in quality once you turn things over to the factory painters ...

That said, the before-and-afters on that Drake head are pretty outrageous. You half expect that sort of thing when a brand new upstart company over-promises on a figure. But not a company that's been in the game as long as Sideshow. I REALLY hope they were embarrassed enough to do put some safeguards in place to make sure that doesn't happen again. A character like Indy really deserves top shelf treatment.

I haven't been paying that close attention, but it seems like the only 1/6 figure people ever complain about is that Drake. So I think it's probably a bit soon to be calling this any kind of new trend.

And with a license as important as SW or Indy, I think it's probably even LESS likely that they would make a mistake like that.

I pre-ordered.

And while I'm hoping beyond hope that it turns out like the proto ... I have my doubts.

I totally understand that protos almost always look better than factory product. I get it. That's the nature of the hand-crafted prototype. I expect there to be some fall-off in quality once you turn things over to the factory painters ...

That said, the before-and-afters on that Drake head are pretty outrageous. You half expect that sort of thing when a brand new upstart company over-promises on a figure. But not a company that's been in the game as long as Sideshow. I REALLY hope they were embarrassed enough to do put some safeguards in place to make sure that doesn't happen again. A character like Indy really deserves top shelf treatment.

There are multiple figures between Drake and Indy including Snake Plissken, Hoth Han and Hot Luke.
We'll have a pretty good run to indicate whether the pre-order is worth keeping in place.

Indy is one of the icons and if you're posting in the Indy forum, you're probably a fan.
The price can be swallowed for an Indy figures and then Sideshow can simply be ignored for everything else. :banana

Yeah, an Indy figure seems to be such a rare event. And now that the new Indy film will star Christian Bale as Indy, we better snap up HF Indy while we can.

I haven't been paying that close attention, but it seems like the only 1/6 figure people ever complain about is that Drake. So I think it's probably a bit soon to be calling this any kind of new trend.

And with a license as important as SW or Indy, I think it's probably even LESS likely that they would make a mistake like that.

Reality check - better that a figure from a video game takes the fall than SW or Indy or something important.

I am dead, dead, dead serious - Christian Bale's blend of wry humor and derring-do heroism will make him the definitive Indy.

Imagine this, but from under a fedora. ;)

His Amer-Brit accent would be a treat and he does a killer Clint Eastwood impression which would be a great voice for the new Indy. I'm thinking we'd start out with Indy in rehab from an opium addiction.

Back